1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

West is Wide Open....Can Rockets break through?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ApuN, Jun 14, 2019.

1. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

So you are saying that if the Rockets always draft a player better than every single player drafted after where they pick, they will be really good? I agree.

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

#Fireworks

[​IMG]

hakeem94, donkeypunch and J.R. like this.
  3. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Do you know what Raptor's had that we don't? Constant ball movement and length who can stretch the floor (Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol, *Leonard)

This may be an unpopular opinion here, but we need to move away from heavy ISO game and incorporate more ball and off-ball movement.

fattz, Hakeemtheking, rhee and 2 others like this.
  4. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

The Rockets will still find a way to choke next season.

Please prove me wrong.

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Is Capela done improving? He's 25. He had a hell of a regular season, nearly 17ppg/13rpg, but very disappointing playoffs. Maybe it was his illness. I think he's the key. Can he continue improving and become an all-star caliber player or is he part of a package that gets the Rockets an all-star level player?

mike2k132 likes this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Even if we did, it wouldnt have been as sweet as this year or the past year. It just wont. To take down the greatest team ever built, especially proclaiming that weve built our team to beat theirs, talked about wanting to face them in the playoffs, and one time saying that "theyre not even that good" has left spoiled rotten egg on our faces. That super team is done and now we dont get a chance to prove that we couldve beat them, cause ULTIMATELY we couldnt.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

It needs to be a mix of chasing that #1 seed and keeping guys healthy. It will be a big challenge. This offseason is key.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If they run it back and still can’t make it to the finals next year this place should just shut down

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Wide open but all of us know they’re gonna **** it up. Shoulda fired MDA but don’t wanna bite his salary

roslolian and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

couldnt have said it any better

saleem likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You're correct, but we lost Chris Paul after being up 3-2 last season. This season brought out our glaring faults no doubt.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I see a new found energy to running it back on here and on twitter. We weren't a top 2 team in the West despite what everyone wants to think. We were the 4th seed. We lost in the second round. We have a lot of work to do. No one is young in our core except Capela and he laid an egg. Morey needs to #runitforward. It's time to take a big risk, whether that's trading for a pick, whether that's trading for a young guy who has become undervalued. It's probably not going to be a star that jumps off the page but something needs to change. I think you can turn over the whole roster except James and be a contender.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

we need one more all stars player. we need 4 people to score 20 plus

14. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

All I know for sure is one guy can't do it alone (and that if and when AD joins the Lakers they're still going to stink without more help):

2018 - 2019 Los Angeles Lakers (with Lebron) 37 Wins - 45 Losses = 10th in Western Conference
    2017 - 2018 Los Angeles Lakers (without Lebron) 35 Wins - 47 Losses = 11th in Western Conference

The Rockets are close. Don't mess this up Morey/Tilman.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not if we trade Paul for role players

16. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i think he'll definately be offered in a package for AD. Now that the west is wide open an his agent has openly said that he won't resign in Boston, the smartest thing to do would be to over pay for AD. Capela, Gordon, and 2 or 3 future firsts for AD. Do it morey!

17. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

So if Paul George misses that 3 in game 82 you are good with running it back, but since he made it the Rox shouldn't?

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

no.

nice try.

it didn't happen that way. we don't have a time machine. Rockets dug a hole because they weren't that good. They got out of the hole because of the greatest regular season run by a player in franchise history.

It's Harden and the others. It's time to get him a running mate for now and the future. Who is that guy? Morey's job not mine. Siakim was a late first. If we had him last year, I believe we would have won the West.

19. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Point is you are making it sound like by virtue of being the 4th seed rather than the 2nd seed the idea of running it back is dumb. We were a Paul George 3 from nabbing the second seed, even with the atrocious start. The actual second seed got beat in the second round. The third seed got swept in the WCF by a lesser version of a team we took to 6.

If we can improve that's great. That should always be the goal if there are moves that can accomplish that. But the team that eliminated us the last two years is probably going to be much worse next year. I'm not into change solely for the sake of change given what's happened to Golden State.

jcf likes this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Tf no one could including the raps.....like it kills me how fans that ain' seen a team when a ring in over 25 years want a feel good signature ring lol. Bro its hard to win. I.dont care...reminds me of the people.that said they didnt want lbj on the rockets lol