1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 25, 2019.

?

Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Poll closed May 30, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

8.9%
  2. Warriors in 5

28.3%
  3. Warriors in 6

25.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

3.3%
  5. Raptors in 7

24.4%
  6. Raptors in 6

8.3%
  7. Raptors in 5

0.6%
  8. Raptors in 4

0.6%
  1. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

So Harden is kind of the problem. An engratiated Carmelo Anthony?

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Wonder if we are going to see a dramatic "run out" a la Willis Reed at some point in game five? KD comes to save the day!

B-Bob likes this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm thinking more and more that his achilles is at risk and given long term implications, we will not see him. Calf strain I believe he could play through by now w' out long term risk.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

mauer is no doubt en route to toronto right now with a mission to extend

B-Bob likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm happy for KLow but I'm so jealous!!

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

According to ESPN's Brian Windhorst, Kevin Durant (calf) has not seen the progress he and the team were hoping for and he "just isn't ready."
    Here's the full quote from Windhorst, speaking from inside Oracle Arena after Game 4: "Durant just isn’t ready. His body is not ready. The trainers don’t believe it, he doesn’t believe it. He tried to do some stuff at practice on Friday; it didn't work." ESPN's Jalen Rose also reported that KD's workout on Friday did not go as planned. "It didn't go well on any level. It did not go well on any level. I'm just going to keep it at that," said Rose. We will get an official update soon, but it appears as though Durant won't be able to suit up for Game 5.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/kevin-durant-warriors-setback-body/

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Raptors' body was ready for it.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Haha... Lol

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That really proves that he would be phenomenal on a crappy team, where they would constantly be down 10 or more. In other words, his future looks bright at the new Chase Toilet Bowl! :D

Deckard and Easy like this.
  11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lol are you a democrat living in California lying about having real American values? Serious question, because you seem confused on what being American actually means.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Kerr says the task is "not daunting!" Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! It is beyond "daunting!" Got to win three straight, twice on your opponent's court. Go far it, Captain delusional.

Tfor3 and B-Bob like this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am an American living in America and rooting for American interests.

You, OTOH, cannot even grasp basic geography.

Total and utter FAIL on your part....

[​IMG]

#1873 Zboy, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    B-Bob likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect to both of you, you are both wrong. Canada is not "more American than California," and Canada is also not "trying to pretend to be American."

Have either one of you spent any time in the country? It doesn't sound like it. One of my best friends, a native Texan, has lived in British Columbia since early '70's. After visiting him over the years, and hearing from him about Canada when he visits Texas, while the pair of you won't believe me, they do not want to pretend to be American and they certainly aren't "more American than California." I've been to California more than once, not that you two would be interested (and really shouldn't be), so I have some knowledge of both. I also know a hell of a lot of history. Example? @Clutch has a history of possessing a desire to keep the politics out of every forum except D&D.

Food for thought, especially that last bit. Now try not to yell at me! ;)

#1874 Deckard, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Mazulis, Easy, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  15. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Someone should ask the warriors if they plan to visit the white house after the championship.

Mazulis and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

With all due respect, your one Canadian friend does not speak for all of Canada.

Besides, he is lying. Canadians are liars.

My best friend is Canadian and he lies all the time.

Deckard and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

what does it mean to be an american, aside from geography? and why can't canadia be american?

18. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is one of those series where you know the NBA wishes it was going the other way. You know that they are going to do everything in their power to get control of these Finals and get them to a Game Seven. However, I don't think these Warriors in this NBA are going to comply and play their part.

The talent disparity between the Warriors and everyone else sans Durant just isn't there anymore. Usually, the system they run put them over the top of most teams that could match them on talent, but the Raptors have it figured out. Toronto has the personnel to run a defense that stymies the Warriors' offense and an offense that is taking advantage of the Warriors' defensive system. Then there's Kawhi.

He is just incredible. He has the Warriors shook and his team looking incredibly confident. They are following his lead. They are calm and they are making great choices at all times. Even Lowry, the historically bad playoff performer, looks cool and collected at all times. For these past two games especially, every Raptor is competent in the clutch no matter the game they were having. That is all Kawhi.

As far as the Warriors, this is hurting Curry's "legacy." I imagine he himself is hurting and just acting like he's too cool to be bothered by what's been happening and how helpless he's been to stop it. Durant, on the other hand, must resist feeling bigger than he really is and maintain his appreciation for what they are when they are together. He's going to mess around, leave, and find OKC version 2.0 in the East if he ain't careful.

hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Going back to the Bucks series, the Raptors are 7-1 in their last playoff series. Toronto is gelling and getting better with each series.

The Worriers aren't coming back to win this.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

going back to rs raptors are 5 -1 vs gsw this year