1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Tilman broke????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 31, 2019.

1. pass_to_Hakeem

I’m starting to feel the same way. It seems like he is saying one thing (on tv)... but doing the opposite behind closed doors

daywalker02, Mathloom and jeevinesh like this.
  2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

big strawman but ok

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truth hammer

4. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Clutch, how about I reduce the base pay you get for your job to say less than minimum wage at $2 an hour but will give you a $1,000 bonus if you are able to make a sale that has a less than 1% chance of happening.

Oh and BTW, I am firing your entire workforce that you've built over the last 5 years. Don't forget that I am a stingy piece of crap who will not pay tax to surround my best player with more talent.

Would you take this job offer? At this rate why shouldn't he incentivise Harden and Paul? 'Guys, if you get injured you will earn 1.2% less for every game missed'

NOBODY will come to the Rocket's now. Coach or player. Morey already has a reputation of treating every player like an asset.

I anticipate this off-season to possibly be the worst.

Richie_Rich and RyanB like this.
  5. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I always hear about his contributions to the U of H, but we’re those before or after he bought the Rockets? I’m really curious. I don’t know what to believe at this point, but he sure is determined to change things up.

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Paranoia will destroy-ya

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What? Please tell me you aren’t serious. I’m not a Fertitta fan myself because of how he’s turned Kemah into an amusement park and bought out some of the local businesses in Galveston, turning them into some of his franchises, but I’ve been willing to wait and see how he runs the Rockets before passing judgement on him as the team’s owner. What I can’t believe is that you’d hope he runs the Rockets into the ground because of a personal feud. I think you’re getting a bit carried away, LonghornFan. That’s taking bitterness a bit far, in my opinion. With all due respect.

I’m also not crazy about some of you giving @Clutch a hard time for giving his opinion. He doesn’t give his opinion about the Rockets as much as I would wish, as crazy as that might sound. This nit-picking about a post from him is ridiculous, in my opinion.

#67 Deckard, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    daywalker02 likes this.
  8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Those contributions may be tax write offs to offset revenue from restaurants and hotels.

jevjnd likes this.
  9. CallMeTheDream

Lol talk radio host for In the Loop on 610

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I figured that out. The synergy is too funny. I'll add that I've lived in Austin since 1980, so I had never heard of the guy!

11. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

While I’d like to wait 3-5 years to pass some serious judgement on how the team is ran under our new owner, it really does not feel good that he is so disingenuous in the media abou his actions, and furthermore he is being so cheap, to a point where it makes Morey look generous (which is a pretty insane statement)

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

could you elaborate on your family's dealings with him?

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Do you suckers not remember why Barkley was dissing the team for years on tv?
    You know when he states the team owes him $3 million dollars from his playing days?

What NBA player has been shafted like that ?

Any of you remember all the threads of why aren’t free agents coming to Houston?

Les was in it for the money.

Tillman is in it cause he’s from Houston

14. tinman

Supporting Member

The newb users feel it’s their right to be on Clutchfans
    While we know it’s a privilege to be here.

No one would dare insult @Clutch because they knew what he was doing for the Real Rockets Fans

@Os Trigonum

@Clutch
    If they disrespect you. Burn them.
    Dracarys

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Right. It was a risk for both parties. If the Rockets aren't top contenders next year, I think they let D'Antoni go and he loses $2.5M guaranteed he would've gotten if he took this one-year extension. If they remain top contenders, he stays and both he and the Rockets assume some risk on his salary in 2020-21 (with D'Antoni assuming more risk).

How is it a strawman argument exactly?

Not close to what's happening here. The Rockets have a less than 1% chance of making the playoffs? The Rockets are firing D'Antoni's entire workforce?

I think you guys are so fixated on pulling "Tilman is broke!!!" from this story that you're missing what I feel is the real takeaway -- that the Rockets are unsure of their future (next season but certainly the season after that) and aren't committing to it. If they change direction, we now have an idea that D'Antoni is not likely going to be a part of that.

The roster moves need to happen first. If they can make a significant improvement, they might come back to D'Antoni with a different offer. But I'm far more concerned right now about the roster for 2019-20 than the coach for 2020-21.

J Sizzle, Deuce, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Strawman broke and now he's paying off SAS to badmouth D'antoni on his radio show

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I agree with this, I am by no means a Dantoni fan..he needs to go imo. The only thing I’m worried about is how this makes the rockets look. Making MDA (very accomplished and recognized by his peers) a lame duck coach certainly won’t look good. More than ever, we need a guy that can talk level to level with harden and have him buy into whatever we are running. Mike isn’t the guy, as he has shown

18. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

You are not missing much. I have lived in Chicago and Europe for like 15 years but I still listen to the Houston Sports talk and 610 sucks. Incidentally, the top station in Houston is 97.5 and they have a reputation on Clutchfans for being anti Rockets.

Deckard likes this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

I hope he has enough money for that fancy helicopter I see all the time

20. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

"Joe's Crab Shack on Austin's Lady Bird Lake reportedly closes over $10K in unpaid rent"

"According to the restaurant, it's "closed for repairs." But a real estate group claims otherwise. Their signs clearly state that the "crab shack's" lease has been terminated over $10,000 in unpaid rent and $100,000 in unpaid property taxes."
    https://www.kvue.com/article/money/...rent/269-a9d07cf0-2010-4f69-bb2f-cbfaca14ac09