1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 25, 2019.

?

Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Poll closed May 30, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

8.9%
  2. Warriors in 5

28.3%
  3. Warriors in 6

25.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

3.3%
  5. Raptors in 7

24.4%
  6. Raptors in 6

8.3%
  7. Raptors in 5

0.6%
  8. Raptors in 4

0.6%
  1. Mr. Space City

How crazy would it be for Klay to injure himself doing the same thing he and the rest of the warriors cried about harden doing?

2. lionaire

lionaire Member

Absolutely, Harden is a choker according to many. Even a good portion of this board thinks so.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

WTF are you talking about lol? Who gives a **** about some hypothetical situation that is not going to happen.

The Warriors would be forced to play a different system with a player like Harden. He is an iso heavy guard that creates open looks for teammates by having the ball in his hands the majority of the time. Of course the Warriors would get open shots with Harden and of course the Warriors could also win championships with Harden.

I'm not sure what is the point of your post when I'm not even attacking Harden by defending Curry. Of course talent counts a lot in the NBA. I don't need you to point out the obvious. I just find it ridiculous that you want to downplay Curry's contributions to his team. Sure, he's had some bad moments as well, but the doesn't discredit his good moments, and he has brought plenty of good moments to this team otherwise they would not be the team they are now. It's true, Kevin added an additional layer of difficulty to beating the Warriors, but is not as if Curry is some role player being carried day in and day out to victories.

The media hating Harden so much should not cloud your judgment when watching basketball.

Cuongzilla and YOLO like this.
  4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Do you really believe we would see the MVP level Harden we've seen on the Rockets and All-NBA level Green and Thompson on the same team? o_O

5. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

We had a giant thread where people believed Klay was better than HARDEN. I mean the dude practically injured himself cribbing Harden's three point foul bait.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yup. People just don't understand what's going on here. They have the most talent ever AND they move off the ball offensively and defensively AND they go ISO when it suits them AND they can take an insane amount of 3's.

But it's all Harden's fault. Our system? Harden's fault, he must be insisting. Our talent? Harden's fault, who would want to play with him? Our execution? Harden's fault. Our defense? Harden's fault. It's not the million other major things we know this team is lacking. It's just that Harden has not put together the greatest playoff performance in this history of the NBA: score efficiently, play defense, get rebounds, be a steals/deflections leader, score/assist at a high volume, don't turn it over, be aggressive going to the basket, don't get tired, play big minutes, hit clutch shots, oh and let Chris Paul run the offense. The amazing thing is, he already does almost all of those things, and it's just not enough for them.

Comical.

At least the haters used to be able to pick at Harden's defense. Now that's gone and they're tragically picking on 1% of Harden's plays.

jcf, RichieBanks, Zboy and 2 others like this.
  7. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I love Clutchfans. NBA finals thread between Warriors and Raptors turn into everybody hates the rockets and Harden doesn’t get any respect cry fest.

8. RyanB

RyanB Member

well it's called Clutchfans so..

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden would still easily be an MVP caliber player, we just wouldn’t be seeing him doing crazy things like averaging 36 ppg because he wouldn’t have to

Harden can’t get Klay open looks all game? Klay can’t average his 20 ppg and play his usual level of defense next to Harden? He can, and he would. Klay is a perfect fit next to Harden since he’s at his best off-ball.

Draymond’s defense, rebounding, and BBIQ isn’t going anywhere...he would average less assists...big deal

Andre0087 likes this.
  10. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

The "better" superstar with his "better" roleplayers playing "right" basketball just did a Greatest Hits of the Rockets' best screw ups against an even more depleted Warriors roster with Curry not even playing well.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

They would never have a title/topic like this about Harden

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I swear this guy is the most coddled "MVP" and "superstar" in history.

TimDuncanDonaut, Zboy and Ramo$e like this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They would yell at harden for refusing to move.

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

The Warriors are just proving ONCE AGAIN that the Rockets have been the only team in the past several seasons during the Warriors Purple Reign to be the only team CLOSE TO taking them down (aside from King James, help from the refs and no Draymond Green on the floor)....Morey Analytics Harden ISO's and all...sports MSM fake news be Damned..just ask the 2 point mid range TrailBlazers and their coaching staff while we're at this

#854 PhiSlamma15, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Your argument explains why people become so enamored with the style of basketball that players like Harden play. They become blinded by the talent it takes to perform that way and ignore that it goes against the spirit of basketball.

The fact is that Harden doing those crazy things is what made him worthy of MVPs.

Curry gives Klay and the rest of the Warriors space. But he doesn't give Klay open looks, Klay gives Klay those open looks. Klay is best off-ball, but he is best on the move, not spotting up like he would be doing if he were playing with the MVP version of Harden. I could see him being just as good as EG, but no more than that.

Draymond's rebounding, defense, and IQ look a lot better without Durant because he is much more engaged in the game. He doesn't have the same makeup of a Tucker who doesn't need to initiate anything on offense to maximize other aspects of his game.

EDIT: It's telling that you concede Draymond's playmaking if he were playing with Harden. You basically admit that he would be useless on offense because unlike Tucker, Draymond can't shoot. How would he be an All-NBA player if you take away that major aspect of his game?

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

That doesn't take away from what I said though, so confused why you're quoting me.

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Wowza. WOWZA.

Do you see what Klay's jumpers look like when he's set?

WOWZA.

I'd literally trade my best friend to have Klay taking the shots EG takes.

18. biina

biina Member

There goes HCA.

This is the problem when you dont have a legitimate #2.

Raptors now need to win at least one of games 3 and 4 cos coming back down 3-1 is series over.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’d argue Draymond would get tons of playmaking opportunities in our offense with the doubles Harden creates and Klay would shoot in the mid 40s from 3 with even more defensive energy to give being able to stand and wait for wide open 3 after wide open 3.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  20. biina

biina Member

When did this happen cos seems I missed it?