1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 25, 2019.

?

Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Poll closed May 30, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

8.9%
  2. Warriors in 5

28.3%
  3. Warriors in 6

25.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

3.3%
  5. Raptors in 7

24.4%
  6. Raptors in 6

8.3%
  7. Raptors in 5

0.6%
  8. Raptors in 4

0.6%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Considering he has not won a Finals MVP, he definitely has not gotten the credit. Lol. The reason Green and Thompson can be so successful is because of the respect every defense has to have for Curry's shooting. ****, as a fan it tires me out just watching him run circles to get an open shot. Sure, the NBA allows the Warriors to get away with moving screens, but Curry still has to finish that shot. How many times have we seen other players miss those critical shots, yet here is Curry making big ones (and yes, I realize he has also missed big shots).

I'll stop defending Curry now, makes me feel dirty when I dislike the Warriors so much. I just hate the blind homerism that goes on in the forum sometimes (although I should be use to it since it is a team forum afterall).

Mr. Clutch and smp like this.
  3. smp

smp Member

OK. You got me there! PJ is solid.

hakeem94 and Mr. Space City like this.
  4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Warriors win next 3. Yawn.

chadyang and BigShasta like this.
  5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Def choked. 1-6 in the 4th qtr. 2-9 from three. Should've taken more midrange. Only 3 assists. Should've trusted his teammates more and gotten them involved.

hakeem94 and Mr. Space City like this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Let me know what the outcome of the series would have been if Durant, Klay, and Green were playing with Harden instead of playing with Curry.

How many open shots would they have gotten because of Harden?

Do you think they would make less shots because they are playing with Harden?

Homesrism would be thinking that Curry would have been able to beat a Harden + Durant + Klay + Green + Iggy team.

Talent is king and Curry is blessed to play on an all time talented team.

hakeem94 and Mathloom like this.
  7. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

No Looney either.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

That's how you rig a game when people wouldn't even complain about it. Players always make mistakes in a game. But if you have refs on your side when you are down it's a whole different ball game. It's like people said Rockets had their chance in Game 7 last year but they went 0-27. If the game was called fairly it would not have mattered even if we went 0-27. Same for the Raptors despite their offensive struggle in the 2nd half.

As for lthe last shot, Raptors gambled for a steal but it ended up with a wide-open three by Iggy. If they did get the steal the game would be tied. It's those 50/50 balls that didn't bounce your way.

#828 vcchlw, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    hakeem94 and RyanB like this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That's just looney.

10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Harden would be much less of a player in place of Curry on the Warriors. Much, much less. Either that, or Green and Thompson would be much less.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Which resulted in victory and which resulted in losing? You kinda left that part out. Narrative is written by the winner. You didn’t choke if your team won.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Stop whining dude. They went to a box and one defense to stop Curry and that opened everything for teammates

Harden lost two rounds ago feuding with Paul. No one cares.

Cuongzilla likes this.
  13. smp

smp Member

I don’t think so man. Credit goes to GS defense. Otherwise Harden, Lillard, and now KL are all chokers.

14. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Siakam pulled a Brook Lopez tonight, delivering a stinker after looking like a hero in game 1.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's a Foster Brothers Game!

hakeem94 and Rocket River like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Raptors went 11-38 from 3...they need to take more midrange shots from now on...Siakam, Lowry, Van Vleet, etc need to start taking more midrange shots even tho that’s not their game

Kawhi had 34 and 14, but he choked and disappeared in the 4th...he needs to move off-ball more and stop all this dribbling

hakeem94 and Game7 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

I still trust CP and EG especially EG dude is money when the game is on the line.

18. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

#He needs to do more

All this whining about refs and we haven't even gotten to Oracle yet. Then the Raptors will have my permission to b****.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

joke post...thanks for the laughs tho

Harden would have multiple rings in place of Curry on the Warriors

Curry would be ringless in Houston and all his bad moments in the playoffs that get glossed over because his team has been so stacked that they win anyways would get magnified x10

Harden wouldn’t be some “choker” because it’s only choking when u lose...when u win it’s just a bad game and everyone moves on and forgets

hakeem94, jcf and Zboy like this.
  20. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Well except according to Clutchfans Draymond and Klay are overrated, so how great is the talent if he’s playing with overrated dudes? People here are seriously saying Klay is slightly better than Harrison Barns.