1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady: CP3 wanted more movement out of James Harden. Harden didn't budge.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rasheed, May 31, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

I agree. I think for this team, as currently constructed, to be successful we need to move Harden back to the SG when Paul is on the floor. That isn't a knock on anything Harden has been doing, it's the result of the realization that Paul can no longer play any other position. His 3 point percentage was surprising bad this postseason. But that's a coaching adjustment and I doubt Mike is capable of doing that as it's easier to lean on Harden and let him drag the team.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

"hey James I'm washed and can only play on one leg. Can you move around a bit more to help hide my ineffectiveness? Greatly appreciate it. I'll remember to invite you to LeBron's memorial Day BBQ"

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I feel like I'm in the Twilight zone. Then @amaru, who has been arguing with us for 3 pages comes with this:

And I'm like -
    [​IMG]

Isn't that what we are saying!?

Harden refuses to move (allegedly), which means he refuses to help CP succeed in his cremated state.

smh, I'm about to dip from this conversation all together. Me and @YOLO's only crime is thinking Harden is too good.

4. amaru

amaru Member

You're probably confused because you cherry picked that line out of my reply to another post. The post I referenced was saying that lack of movement from all Rocket players was hurting Paul. That's true. Even when Harden wasn't on the floor, it was mostly shooters standing in corners with Nene setting the occasional pick for Paul. Chris can't consistently beat his man anymore, Mike needed to implement some more off-ball action...but the man, apparently, doesn't coach.

You and Yolo seem to believe that Harden can simply "get better" and cover for the lack of production of Paul, Capela and Mike's coaching mistakes. It's ironic that y'all expect James to elevate his game but not Paul (yes he's old) or Capela (what's his excuse?). Harden is a great player but I think you are confusing him with Hit. This isn't DBZ, players don't just automatically "get better" during games to cover for underperforming teammates.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Hit is from Dragon Ball Super...

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No, but they do cross the half court line to be involved in the offense before the shot clock runs down to 10 seconds. They do make their move on offense to start an offensive set before 4 seconds is left on the shot clock. They do sometimes move without the ball to create an open look for themselves once in a while and not stand near the halfcourt line for an entire possession.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

LOL that's all you took from that? Yea, go ahead and bow out bro.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. ballgame

ballgame Member

LOOK! Didn't EG complain about not enough ball movement during last years Playoffs? Harden has got to change for the Rockets to go to the Championship. You all can talk about T-Mac about not getting past the 1st round, CP3 for being injured but at the end of the day, it's about 2019 - 2020!

hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

When did I suggest that Harden was blameless or are you just venting?

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Man this is not what we’re saying at all. Come on smh

We can’t make you go back and read 3 pages worth of material but it’s pretty clear you didn’t get much of it. But hey carry on

#130 YOLO, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
    DreamShook likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well that's what people mean by saying Harden can be better. He doesn't have to achieve SS3 to mitigate those glaring and odd issues he has.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Vivi and amaru like this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

So you're just venting then? Ok. Yes, I agree Harden could shore up a lot of his mistakes.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Thats was pretty funny.

Team work makes the Dream work.

I love Harden, he's the best player that we had since The Dream, but it takes the team. He's had ample talent around him he seems to clash with every star we try to bring. Like nobody can tell him anything.

Whatever it is, it's not working James.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If you can't get the BIG differences of anime characters in different seasons of a show in your own joke/analogy, how can I trust you get the nuance of the "Harden is a great player he should be great in a 50/50 games"?

I bow out because we are arguing in circles, largely agreeing about the core of the argument but disagreeing about one small portion of it. You aren't getting what I'm saying 3 pages in even though I completely understand you position. I'm not here for that.

Congratulations?

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

At this point, we have to just consider JVG a legit Houstonian. Doesn't matter where he grew up, he's been all in on Houston since his first year as Rockets head coach.

fchowd0311, Ramo$e and amaru like this.
  17. amaru

amaru Member

JVG had some solid comments here. Makes me sadder that Alexander refused the hire him.

Ramo$e likes this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

JVG even roots for the Texans and Astros. Legit Houstonian? JVG is Bun B's step cousin.

hakeem94 and topfive like this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

Because anime and basketball are related. Dude just stop........you're embarrassing yourself

20. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

We also should stop bringing in other stars who also clash with everyone else wherever they go.

James has his flaws but also let’s not act like Chris or Dwight have a great history of getting along with people wherever they go.....