1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are Harden and Durant in a lower class than Kawhi, Lebron, and Curry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, May 27, 2019.

?

Are Harden and Durant in a lower class than Kawhi, Lebron, and Curry?

1. Yes, they should be in a lower class

19.0%
  2. No, they are all franchise players and you cant go wrong with either

81.0%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Obviously we are not the GSW fan wagon but I am curious to see what other fan bases think of Steph Curry.

I think some on this board might take the hate to another level and dun really realize that Curry is the engine of a well oiled machine.

Durant is still the best insurance this league can offer, I doubt Kawhi would take a steep paycut to join the Worriers.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No, Harden is a level 13 combined Rogue/Bard class character, chaotic good alignment - LeBron is a level 14 fighter and Kawhi is a level 11 cleric. Curry is a halfling sorcerer.

snowconeman22 and durvasa like this.
  3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Draymond being a muffin head and being suspended for game 5 that year didn't help.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This is crazy... What does carry a team by himself even mean nowadays? In the era of super teams name me one player that can carry a team to a championship by himself. Does not exist. I don't like Durant anymore cuz of the coward move he made to join the Warriors, but lets not act like he's some scrub or overrated. Dude maybe the greatest scorer of our generation or of all time. He put up way better stats for OKC and led that team to 1st and Second seed multiple times. He is literally ungaurdable, and he will make a shot or miss but it has nothing to do with the defense.

Curry also choked a 3-1 one lead in the finals. Sometimes things just happen. I mean it took like 13 threes from Klay Thompson in game 6 to beat Durant. That's not really choking sometimes you just get beat.

I also think without Durant the Warriors might only have 1 championship. I think Lebron would have one more and I think the Rockets would have won last years title if you replaced Durant with Harrison Barnes. Durant basically played Lebron to a push and hit all the big shots for them in the finals. I can't wait for Durant to leave Warriors next year, so you can see how good he actually is.

Not even close to one of the most overrated players of this generation. Heck lets start with AD he can't even make the playoffs.
    What about Kyrie flashy volume scorer. What about Russell Westbrook triple double machine. Lets go with Klay Thompson (if he's such a great defender why is Iggy always guarding Harden, does he even know how to dribble?) the list goes on and on and on.

All the players that play on bad teams and put up huge numbers. KAT, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin..

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

True but that was Curry's worst playoff run. He was turning it over a lot and had problems making 2pters in traffic

6. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Check out his performances in the playoffs while he was with OKC. The dude litterally shooting less than 30% from 3s. Choking big time being second next to westbrook. Imagine how bad he would have been if he was the main focus.

7. Mr. Clutch

Exactly. Durant struggles as the #1

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not KD, not LeBron: Kawhi Leonard is the best player on the planet

https://theundefeated.com/features/...eiKn8wrwm_1FHg6T2Ga-iUR1ju6JkoK0cHpt6kM1condM

"Leonard also is better than the iso genius James Harden, whose playoff fadeaways and indifference to playing defense bounce him from the best player conversation. Leonard probably made more consequential plays in these playoffs than Harden has in his whole career. We never got to see Leonard’s full offensive talent when he was with San Antonio because of the Spurs’ franchisewide allergy to individual glorification. Now with unconditional freedom, Leonard is killing dudes in isolation (like Harden), pounding and rocking the basketball (like Harden) before blowing past defenders or hitting step-back 3s (like Harden). Just ask Brook Lopez."

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

In what world was he second next to Westbrook? Everyone knows that was Durant's team. In the series he soo called choked against the warriors he had a true shooting percentage of 54%? Sure he didn't shoot his threes well, but he averaged 30 8 3 1.7 1.7. If that's called choking, every player in the league chokes.

10. HardenUsedSTEPBACK

I wonder what the narrative will be if they lose or get swept by GSW. All this talk is premature, i guess we'll find out in a week.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

My thoughts as well.

Rocket River

12. Mr. Clutch

That curry is the best player in the nba. The only narrative that makes sense

13. Mr. Clutch

Durant shot poorly, passed poorly and defended poorly. Just because he compiled a lot of numbers doesn't mean he was good

14. diehardrockets

This is worded too weirdly for me to vote.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Except he didnt, he made it to the Finals as a number 1.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

He did not defend poorly, are you crazy.

17. Mr. Clutch

That one year he was decent, but then struggled and left OKC. And he was never known as a good defender in OKC.

#157 Mr. Clutch, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
  18. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

People think that he's 7 foot tall and move fast means he has really good defense lol....The same crap argument about him being tall and can shoot over anyone would make him unstoppable. Why dont he shoot 100% of the shots if he was unstoppable why bother passing it to anyone else?...i mean he could shoot from anywhere right? He could shoot it but he cant make them.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I don’t know what you just said, but I agree.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure gave houston fits. not really sure what you're trying to convince yourself to believe when it was right in front of you