1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Morey aggressive in all deals improving team even possibly Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 29, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

Were not trading harden in any scenario...

Also,

I would only do 2 cp3 trades.

In which we get Ben Simmons, or Lonzo Ball in return.

Stormy1234, BigShasta and tc0330 like this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah... Also, with FA coming, shouldn't make moves yet... I mean if Warriors have different players it might not need to be the focus. But, with Klay not making All NBA, he's probably staying

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets were up 3-2 last year with CP3’s hamstring ruining it. They were within 6 points every game this past series. It’s not honest to say MDA+Harden is hopeless like you imply. But I know you are the leader of the anti-Harden crew...so it’s not worth the discussion.

Tweaks are needed but the foundation is solid enough, theoretically. My thing is I don’t think they have any avenue for said tweaks to occur.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think Cap has a 75% chance of being dealt before October. CP3 I'm thinking 5% chance he's traded.

5. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

[​IMG]

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

if the pelicans want to pair anyone next to Jrue, it isn't cp3. it makes way more sense for it to be EG. they have been searching for a sg for years.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

CP for Jrue!

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Asian Sensation

They eliminated us without KD. So what gives? They definitely got all they could handle from the Blazers. I understand Rockets fans but come on... the delusion and homerism is unbearable at times.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

We will have our pick of other teams rosters.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Let the random trade ideas begin!

BaselineFade and justtxyank like this.
  11. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Just morey throwing trade baits out there. No trade or FA until all the big fish FA has landed. It’s going to be a long summer.

Lakers aren’t trading for CP3 until they are sure not to be able to get AD or one of the top FAs.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

1.25 games without KD. Give me a break. All they could handle from the Blazers hahaha, that was a sweep where they came back from 17 or a deficit almost every time because they never took them seriously at any point. They just turned it on in the 3rd and 4th and it was over.

Im not being a homer anyone will tell you Rockets played them much better than the Blazers. Dude, you should try learn more before claiming people are homers or delusional.

13. tc0330

tc0330 Member

hakeem94, BHannes2BHonest and treyk3 like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

And Rockets fans.

HP3 likes this.
  15. rockets13champs

If we trade Chris Paul we will have to get bad contracts back. An interesting idea would be some what of a 3 team deal where we trade Chris Paul and Clint Capela to Orlando getting back Aaron Gordon, ( bad contracts of Fournier, Mozgov, ) and get Jimmy Butler to opt in and get traded to Houston.

In some scenario if we can get
    Deandre Jordan
    Aaron Gordon
    Butler
    Eric Gordon
    Harden

That would contend for a title with 5 players that play 2 ways.

rockets1995 likes this.
  16. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Then this story comes out[/QUOTE]
    lol Pelicans fans would revolt, they hate EG. Also EG would prob retire, because it appears the dislike is mutual.

hakeem94, mikol13 and justtxyank like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol Pelicans fans would revolt, they hate EG. Also EG would prob retire, because it appears the dislike is mutual.[/QUOTE]

yeah im aware of the past history but yeah, its not like this league hasn't been filled with strange transactions before. I mean pelicans have hated AD for months now. owners still trying to convince him to stay.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Only logical scenario is flip Capela for a similar caliber wing and replace him with the MLE for DAJ.

20. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

Chris Paul is aging. He’s good but not good enough to be worth the contract he got moving forward. He shot 27% from 3 in the playoffs, which was definitely disappointing. Clint has great games and then there are other games where he just is soft. Doesn’t make sense how he matches up well against Gobert and Towns but struggled against Looney. I’m sure Fertitta is fed up and really pushing Morey to improve the team, which implies making basically everyone available. Lastly, this sounds like a retooling of the roster, NOT a rebuild.