1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fire Jeff Bzdelik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, May 18, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

I thought I was the only one who hated Hubie Brown. Ex-players with no training and senile old men is the best they can do, really? Mute all the way.

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

i want d antoni gone, he is not a good enough coach to get through the warriors, good enough for regular season, but no adjustment against warriors in the playoffs, still don't how can u not play faried in the playoffs at all when he dragged your team back into homecourt

roslolian and kjayp like this.
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I have long wished for the Hubster to get a studio job; I almost never watch those.

Hubie should be a treasure but instead is a motivation to mute the TV audio and seek out radio feed.

malakas likes this.
  4. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Im shocked. I was worried we might not be able to talk him back again and would wanna retire again. I never would expect him being fired. Looks like we know how our defense will probably be next season.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

For my taste:

Players only broadcasts are even worse than Hubie.

JVG? Good. MJackson? Bad. Very...

Patience and malakas like this.
  6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

@Codman Do you have any insight on why he didn't play?

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've heard Lionel Hollins on XM co-hosting and he seems to want to come back to the league and says he's learned from past mistakes. He seems to point out in most interviews that he accepts analytics and has always used some form of analytics whether it was fashionable or not. With that being said, James and the old Lionel Hollins don't seem like personalities that would mix. Hollins was always old school and didn't take crap from anybody. James is a stud player but seems to need to be pampered a bit (just a hunch - I really don't know). He's not on the Durant level of sensitivity, but man, Hollins' personality is akin to trying to douse a fire with gasoline in order to put it out.

BeBreezy and bj3175 like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

There was an interview towards the end of the season, I forget if it was in the playoffs or not, but CP3 mentioned he either wanted to or liked to get out and run or said something like "we want to get out and run" or something to that effect that made me go ... "really?" I sometimes wonder if, yeah, we all love Harden, and we say iso ball is a necessity, but how much of the slow down and one-on-one irks some teammates. I could be wrong, but I would have to think MDA's preference is his SSOL offense being run like Steve Nash did, but he knows his superstar isn't a 48-minute up-tempo guy.

With that being said, how much gas does CP3 have left in the tank to be part of an up-tempo offense and how long before something on him pops again if he attempts it?

I'm not as down on MDA and the Rockets as others may be, but I'm not overly-optimistic about our chances next year unless something incredible happens. Sucks we had to be stuck in the same era as the Warriors because I don't think any coach out there is going to make this team appreciably better to beat the Warriors.... I think we just need a bit more talent, and, sadly, I'm not sure how we'll get it. To compound that, we're getting older. Too depressing ... :(

BeBreezy and BigShasta like this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

yOU ARE RIGHT ON i JUST DONT SEE HOW WE CAN GET OVER THE TOP UNLESS jAMES IS CHALLENGED BY HIS COACHES AND BUYS IN

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

A combination of things:

1. Family issue
    2. Apparent flu bug that hit our team
    3. (unfortunate)--Faried is a team player, but because he's a vet, he's used to getting consistent minutes. When Brooklyn let him rot, and then Houston gave him a rebirth, he allegedly said some choice words about not getting his feet wet more often.

**I just don't think he understood how tight MDA's leash is with playoff rotations. I think Manimal would have helped with those God-awful offensive rebounds GSW got. Clint Capela owes apologies to many....reminds me of the absolute worthlessness of Yao's 7'6" frame against Utah in game 7, where he allowed Okur and even DWill to grab offensive boards in the final minutes. Those errors/lack of will haunt players, coaches and fans forever.

Also, I don't expect Faried to be back unless it's on a minimum. Several teams will be willing to give him a 2/10 deal.

11. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Thanks for the response. Wish you well. Opportunity lost.

#311 OldYelllowDog, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If it was that obvious to everyone watching MDA must be one of the most stubborn people on the planet for not giving nene or even Fareid burn

roslolian and amaru like this.
  13. Codman

Some baffling moves. I mean, House was playing like doo doo, but a couple of threes could have been big for us. House was in the MDA dog house for "young folks" lol.

Austin Rivers would be great to sign again, but we can't afford him. He's proved his worth as an asset to any team in the league. And, as much as I despised him as a Clipper, I respect him for coming in and playing his role so well.

One of Morey's btter mid-season pickups, along with the best IMO :SweetLou and my guy JSmoov, when Stan Van Gundy couldn't figure out how to play him with Moose.

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Faried was basically a combo of Siakim and Harrell. Both those guys owned the Warriors. MDA should be fired for not playing Faried. The contract offered with the playoff incentive is the way to go, if they want to keep him.

15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

You are correct that Faried is not coming back. Heard he was furious (with a capital F) and perplexed at not getting any PT during the Warriors series.

amaru and B-Bob like this.
  16. Codman

As he should have been. Poor adjustment by MDA. Faried would have been better on DonkeyDray. He came in from day one and played hard...that's all you can ask for. NeNe and Faried would have been better than Clint...Draymond exposed Clint's reoccurring stone hands and didn't have to guard him that much.

I think MDA is the best coach available and he matches well with the group, but he makes some odd errors. We're still the biggest threat to the Warriors in the West. I look at us like the Warriors and a few years of the Mavs before the won it all. You HAVE to keep your core, LOSE at the biggest of stages and build on the flaws to finally overcome that bump. When KD takes his ass out of Cali, and the Warriors don't cheat and make a dream team to win, The Rockets are right there.

Just because the Lakers and Clips have cap room does not mean that they're going to dominate immediately. Chemistry takes time. The Rockets have chemistry already. They simply need a few good men to fill roles with James.

I still think the Rockets style with MDA and James is the best approach, but again, the Rockets need one more killer. The problem is that they can't lose the core to get this guy.

Losing EGO would be horrible. He's the most underrated player on our team, outside of Tuck. He might be the most underrated shooter and guard in the league. That makes him a great trade piece, but puts us in a tough spot.

It's going to be a fun offseason...with one potentially painful loss that I'm expecting. Growing pains...

I just remind myself that the Rockets aren't the Knicks (pre-KD), Suns (Sarver is a rancid turd), Wizards( that team is literally dead...John Wall is done, Beal will be dealt, Dwight is hosting orgies with a bad back) or Grizzlies...terrible mgmt, unhappy players, horrible fans and Chandler Parsons averaging 2 points on 45 millie a year.

:)

D-rock, Shark44, jch1911 and 5 others like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. rockets13champs

Mad dumb

19. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

I MISS JEFFREY BIGLYDICK!!!

He was the fall guy for Clint disappearing and Harden going back to the no defense days in the playoffs

D-rock likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

I know Erman had a nasty falling out withMark Jackson and GS, recording the ineptness of Jackson in the locker room.... but he is very good at why he does, even if he isn’t the easiest to get along with... this guy has entered the market... success is when opportunity and luck converge... the Rockets need to hire Erman.