1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Kevin Love has been added on Rockets list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 16, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We can't give Green that salary even if we wanted to, but I 100% would like to target him with the MLE and hope there's not a market for him.

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Why dont we just get KD

Jontro likes this.
  3. smp

smp Member

Love is washed up. It’s like going after Melo. It’s several years too late. That ship has sailed.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I get it Carroll Dawson was bad but how much longer until people realize Morey is very mediocre and only getting worse. Go ahead keep drinking the spacing kool-aid and 3s and layups bologna sandwiches.

astros123 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Pat Riley sucks man, he screwed us out of a possible Title/Final's appearance.

6. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

What IF Morey is only interested in Love to ship him to PHI so we can offset our trade for Butler a bit?

7. BigBum

BigBum Member

My co-worker told me Kevin Love is worth 4-year 60 million and Chris Paul is worth 4-year 80 million.

Love + Paul = 280 million contract

You are a fool if you want both contracts at the same time and pay luxury tax.

8. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Well, given that to make the salaries match Houston would have to give up Capela AND Gordon, I hope whichever plan includes acquiring Love ALSO involves Harden getting all the guys here to sign for min contracts to chase a title (and one or two need to be cool coming off the bench or they aren't getting a second chance...).

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yep. This team needs dawgs. I want to see more fight and urgency when it matters most. Love doesn’t check that box for me.

Vivi likes this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

would make it more difficult to blow up the team when maurley finally realizes that our window is closed.

11. BreakYoSelfFool

Hartenstein has a brighter future than Kevin Love (and also Capela). He will need to work on his 3 pt shooting over the summer, but I expect him to take his game to the next level. Size, Range, Rebounding, Post Play, Ball Handling, Defense, and Passing he has it all. Future All-Star, he's like a young Arvydas Sabonis. Son of a Pro Baller, Clutch championship MVP credentials, what more can you ask for?

Also, I think he should be called German Chocolate for obvious reasons

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed, would do it in a heartbeat, but i just don't see him becoming an option (even though you never know), would be shocked if West won't keep him around.

@HP3 you mean the Grizzlies? But yeah, screw Riley too anyway :D

#232 Vivi, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  13. BigBum

BigBum Member

Ja Green is a hot product because of 3-pointers. He is worth 3-year $36 million in current market.
    You can do the trade though.

14. ApuN

ApuN Member

I just have to laugh and shake my head to this.

As long as D'Antoni is the coach, it doesn't matter who they add.

His ceiling has, is, and will always be, losing in the playoffs when you should have won.

He is a master of getting closed out of a series on his home floor because he is always out-coached

Little Bit, pippendagimp and cheke64 like this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

We don’t need any sneaky athletic players

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What a boring take.

We never ever "should" have beaten the warriors.

BMoney and Patience like this.
  17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

morey certainly deserves some criticism but let's not act like we haven't been the only team to actually threaten the warriors the last two seasons. last i checked, that's quite literally one of the greatest teams in nba history, and the team morey put together has been the only team to go neck and neck w them. sure it hasn't netted us nay hardware, but if morey is "mediocre" what does that make every other gm in the league?

18. jowman

jowman Member

Not ideal but let’s be realistic we ain’t getting AD for capela and picks. Love on a bad contract is the best player we could get with the dog **** contract we gave crapela. No one around the league values capela whose entire game is based off of having 2 elite passers spoon feed him open dunks. Now that he can’t even catch the ball for open dunks he’s in the tier of completely useless.

Capela ain’t even a decent bench big in games that matter. Get love and for matchups that don’t work out pick up a cheap big like robin Lopez to fill up the minutes. No point in having a useless 18m player on the bench that the coach is forced to play because he has a big contract. Trade him to the Cavs while he still has “potential”.

19. JW86

JW86 Member

Love? Might as well put the nail in the coffin on that championship.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

would be a stupid move if it includes Capela

fallenphoenix likes this.