1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Semifinals] (2)Denver vs. (3)Portland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2019.

?

(2)Denver vs. (3)Portland

Poll closed Apr 30, 2019.
  1. Nuggets in 4

1.7%
  2. Nuggets in 5

10.2%
  3. Nuggets in 6

16.9%
  4. Nuggets in 7

27.1%
  5. Blazers in 7

10.2%
  6. Blazers in 6

27.1%
  7. Blazers in 5

5.1%
  8. Blazers in 4

1.7%
  1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

If rockets played Portland, maybe rockets in 7 with a home court advantage but rockets would be swept by nuggets because of rockets poor pick and roll defense and jokic's exceptional post play.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Errrr.....Blazers playing the Worriers. Nuggets younger than the Rockets.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Jokic is HORRIBLE defensively. Simply terrible. Rockets feast on him, he's not Green, he's not Gobert.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, Steph is one of the best players of all time, more than just an all-star...

We will never know but people act like the Warriors are even in the same league as Por and Den

Patience and daywalker02 like this.
  5. Asian Sensation

Bbbut bbut but James Harden is better than Curry. He should be the MVP this year and Curry stole one of his MVP’s before.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, DEN is young enough to survive the GSW reign.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Blazers take is right though but I fear them Dame or CJ daggers.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

James is also one of the best of all time, but Curry plays on a better team. It really is that simple for me.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't fear the Blazers either because Capela would feast. Blazers and Nuggets have no way to stop the lobs which is a big part of our offense.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, I dun fear the lobs either. I haven’t seen a team destroyed by sheer lobs. I was saying seven games plus Lill or CJ dagger.

Blazers bench is better than ours. Thunder and Nuggets are not easy opponents.

#410 daywalker02, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
  11. Asian Sensation

Cause Curry makes his teammates better and isn’t a ball stopper that lead the season and playoffs in Turnovers by a wide margin. Only James Harden’s iso hero ball could make the “Point God” a virtual non factor. But I’m sure you’ll blame that one on CP3s age and regression.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I feel like our bench mostly showed up...but yes.

I also think that we have better defenders than Denver does, I don't think CJ gets all these open midrange shots...I mean we make it hard for Durant and Curry and Klay to go off...much less CJ and Dame...I really can't see them beating us in a 7 game series this year.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, it's interesting...if Point God CP3 is supposed to be a leader and point guard then why couldn't he have the same effect on Harden that you think Harden is supposed to have on him?

But whatever, you think Harden is a trash player and I think that's a silly opinion to have and a major overreaction. Guy loses to an all-time great team and now he's suddenly worse than Lillard and CJ and basically every other star player. Alright then. Wake me up when those players produce like he does, win MVP awards and NBA first team honors.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing with this Rox team is still inconsistency in every quarter, yep they improved after a disastrous start to the season.

I always felt something was missing this season, last season at least the team showe more HEART.

That is why I think this year’s team doesn’t have it. I know they played exceptional D at times but they lacked heart in the most important moments without KD playing. Tells me everything.

This is not something a mind can concoct but I see lot of heart when lillard is making that shot, a shot Harden makes more in the regular season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. lalala902102001

I underestimated the fight in this Portland team. I thought they would be another one and done after Nurkic went down. They proved me wrong and showed some grit and toughness that I didn’t know they have. I wish my Rockets had that much fight in them.

Good luck Portland against GS. Give them hell.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Ariza put a lot into this team.

He was basically a thinner and more agile PJ Tucker and he had a tendency to hit big shots and fought for every board and was just a great teammate.

We got a lot smaller, we basically replaced Ariza with Rivers when you think about it...and Rivers is tough but he's not a long player...

17. Asian Sensation

I don’t think Harden is a trash player but he has severe deficiencies that his hardcore fans either don’t dare to bat an eye to or just simply ignore them like they don’t exist.

Nobody holds Harden accountable here. It’s his team and his way and that’s the only way he knows and the rest of the team just goes along with it. If he didn’t want to ISO 90% of the time he doesn’t have to. You know he could let CP3 actually be Point God and how about Harden move without the ball, set screens and run through traps to find himself an open shot. I have a hunch CP3 might be able to find him a good shot if he let Paul play Point guard. You know someone who’s actually good at creating and protecting the ball.

Again, Not trashing Harden but he needs to be able to adopt and evolve and by that I don’t mean scoring more or adding a Step back 3 to his game. Yay for that btw. What I mean is.... It’s okay to play off the ball and play like Klay sometimes.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. The Letter O

The Letter O Member

Small market team with a history of bad luck and injuries takes big bad Denver to 7 games and wins two on the Nuggets home court; the toughest place to play in the NBA this year. Show us a little respect. That's all.

JohnGreatest likes this.
  19. The Letter O

The Letter O Member

Rockets wouldn't have had a home court advantage cuz they placed fourth and Portland had the 3 seed.

20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Denver is here to stay. I think Denver beat Bron late during the king 's chase for the 8th.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.