1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Play #%^*# Faried!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, Apr 28, 2019.

1. dwhite

dwhite Member

Yes, I have been to just as many Finals as he has. Thanks for the compliment.

2. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Exactly! Faried is big enough to grab rebounds and won’t get out hustled. He’s always good for a few dunks too. Unfortunately MDA isn’t giving him any consistent minutes to get in a rhythm offensively

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

Faried playing like an easy net negative. I hope he can turn that around

4. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

I want to see this guy play 30 minutes next game...I don't give a fck we lose or not, we need rebound

Tfor3 likes this.
  5. Jbarrachina

Jbarrachina Member

D’antoni sucks as a coach! Period.
    No Faried, no adjustments, can’t defend Durant

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The key isn't to play Faried...it's to play him at power forward, his natural position. At least when the Warriors go big. Match up, don't just concede offensive rebounds to a team with Durant, Curry, and Klay.

Tfor3 likes this.
  7. dwhite

dwhite Member

This thread needs to be reopened asap due to our idiot coach costing us and more importantly Harden a great chance to go to the WC Finals. We would’ve won had he played Faried last night. Not one minute in this whole series. Just frustrating as heck when you see what kind of issues Harrell gave GS in the last series. Not surprising as MDA didn’t play Harrell one minute in the San Antonio playoff disaster, even when Leonard got hurt. The comparisons are hauntingly similar and so will be the results if MDA keeps playing “small ball” even without Durant playing. Worst playoff coach in the NBA and is costing us a great opportunity to finally get out of our 25 year drought.

Tfor3 and cdxiong like this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Nene can't guard the perimeter against Curry or Klay. Faried moves his feet better. Nene's a better weakside defender but Faried needs PT. We need that extra energy

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Faried is terrible at defense and Curry will eat him alive.

10. mastan

mastan Member

Fareid is +2 in 5 min he played against GS this series.

11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Curry won't do anything more than what he's done 2 Nene or Green. The difference is Faried can rebound & has energy to match that scrub Looney

mastan likes this.
  12. mastan

mastan Member

Last year Nene was deemed unplayable against GS but this year suddenly he is playable....now Fareid is deemed unplayable. Nene was much better player last year and was certainly playable, Fareid is also playable this year specially at PF position.

jcf and RocketOrg like this.
  13. 34to11

34to11 Member

Makes sense.

HP3 likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Believe it or not, but Nene and Capela are much much better defenders than Curry, thats a fact. Faried has had his chances, this is just a very bad match up for him.

15. mastan

mastan Member

Why Nene did not play against GS last year? ...He was certainly better than this year but for some weird reasons were deemed unplayable by MDA. This year for same ridiculous reason Faried is not playing. Nene/Fareid both should play given Capela's subpar performance but if it were upto me I would play Fareid as PF and Nene as center but not Fareid as center.

My starting five: CP3, Harden, PJ, Faried, Capela .

I like Gordon from bench but playing as many minutes as he is playing now. Almost in all games in the series we were outplayed by GS in the 1st quarter because we have the wrong starting five. Nene would play the backup center.

#55 mastan, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  16. Whats a mid-range?

Sorry if this has been asked already but do you think Faried really had a personal matter and missed game 5 or do you think him not getting any minutes was the issue and he just does not care at this point.

17. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

I think Faried is a negative player because he’s a black hole on defense and he provides no spacing on offense, while being 6’6 playing center.
    All that being said, there’s no possible way he can be worse than Capela has been

Tfor3 likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Imo Faried and Capela in there would kill the spacing, not only would that greatly hurt our offense, it would hurt our defense as well. And we didnt play Nene because we had Trevor there to fill in the rotation.

19. mastan

mastan Member

Our offense has been bad anyway, last game we couldn't even score 100 points anyway..I think with Fareid it will improve and in few minutes it doesn't work then it can be changed but atleast it should be tried.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Faried will not improve our chances on either end, our offense in games 2 and 3 were really good and he didnt play, he is a liability and won play. The only way i see him playing is if hes in for Clint and I dont think that will happen.