1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

True. I only care just in case the Dornish can be made to march on King's Landing. (Which I doubt, but if they do, please show producers, NO MORE DEUS EX MACHINA, no more "help arrives at the last second in the form of forces travelling from afar who somehow manage to arrive at the moment things look their bleakest").

Rocket River likes this.
  2. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

The Eagles! The Eagles!!!

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. cebu

cebu Member

That's an interesting perspective. Sansa told Dany that men in love does stupid things.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Of course not. Problem is they never gave him time to develop in the show. They just kind of had to force him in there and run. There are just too many important characters for the TV show to adequately flesh them all out. Keep in mind there are multiple important characters the show cut out completely.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. hooroo

hooroo Member

i know the next episode previews are meant to misdirect but it looked like a dragon will appear out of nowhere for tyrion to ride and defeat euron with.

6. cebu

cebu Member

if they are going to introduce a new dragon this late, HELL, might as well bring the Avengers or another Ned Starks' b*stard, Tony.

BigM and daywalker02 like this.
  7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Everyone has this all wrong,it's not a Starbucks cup . Bran has gone into the future looking for new wheel chair designs and stumbled into this great new drink that would be perfect in the north , he is calling it Starkbucks.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's toast and his little birds are BBQ chicken.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

haha right! Great season so far, it's hard to top The Long Night episode. Sansa can't help but start sh*t!

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This show is a lot like the Wire. The last season is kind of off the rails.

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Ned would absolutely never turn on his family either will Jon. He’s a stark before anything, it’s his entire driving force.

I can get on board with the second part though.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Why cant Bran just send a Raven with a knife on its leg to stab Cersei in the neck?

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Did Melissandre teach that one red priestesses Kinvara how to revive the dead while off screen after Jon exiled her? Will she magically appear out of nowhere as an explanation why Rhaegal is brought back from the dead and that's what Euron is looking up shocked at?
    [​IMG]

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Daario Naharis's storyline can't just end with him staying in Mereen right? Surely, he and the second sons show up? Maybe they bring Kinvara with them. I expect lots of time jumps/spawning.

15. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Azor Achai lord of the foam

B-Bob likes this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Melisandre is a head barista from corporate in Essos

B-Bob likes this.
  17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not trying to defend it. I'm just explaining the framework for how it historically works. They may actually have been in range of the longbows, as well. Google tells me 200+ yards is expected range, 400 yards with the super huge English longbows (which they didn't have). From my memory, I'd put them at maybe 100 yards away? But you are supposed to see them standing off at a distance and having a parley, and they hope you are familiar with the convention enough to suspend disbelief.

One thing you commonly see on TV, is the historical consultant person tells them they need to be half a mile away to be historically accurate. The cinematographer lines it up and decides it looks like crap, so to make the visuals more compelling, they fudge the range to the point that it is wildly unrealistic. But it grew out of a grain of truth, just adjusted for TV.

While we are at it, same thing for the ambush. They could have done that a whole lot more realistically, but with pacing they alloted like 10 minutes to it and rather than spell out a proper ambush in all the details, what was more important for the story was showing Daenerys' pain at the loss, her rage attempting to strike back, and her ultimately being forced to retreat. If your allotted time forced you to choose between a picture perfect naval ambush in all it's detail, or showing Daenerys' reaction, imagining you are telling a story, which one would you truncate?

All TV truncates all kinds of **** for the flow of the story. Telephones and doorbells ring exactly at a lull in the conversation, etc. Can you imagine if they showed a picture perfect encampment 3/4 of a mile away and you had to watch 20 minutes of Tyrion walking across muddy fields so he could meet up and parley with Qyburn? That would be some boring TV.

#1297 Ottomaton, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
  18. smokieethabear

It's not a Dragon or Avengers. It's a US Air Force F22 Raptor ready to f**k all of em up!

19. Buck Turgidson

TV people rarely saying goodbye when hanging up the phone is one that sticks out to me.

Ottomaton likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So you think they kill off every major female character in this series? All at once? Imagine the outcry in Social media......

#FemaleLivesmatter