1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Broussard: I hope Rockets get swept, they symbolize everything wrong with society

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan2017, May 2, 2019.

1. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

You're defending Broussard? I don't think I need to do exhaustive research to tell you his show is all hot air, ratings, and BS. If you're searching for thoughtful sports journalism, a quick litmus test is in the first 2 or 3 sentences... If you're having difficulties finding good stuff, here is some advice:

1) Is the journalist yelling? If yes, it's probably just meant to get your attention, and it's not going to be thoughtful.

2) Does the journalist have a sidekick parroting them? If yes, it's probably for the purpose of making it easier to listen to while you're doing something else and unfocused, and it's not going to be thoughtful.

3) Does the journalist lead with an intentionally abrasive topic, like "I hope the Rockets GET SWEPT!!" If yes, then they're just trying to get attention by being polarizing, and it's not going to be thoughtful.

Anyway, I hope these tips help you find useful information online in the future. Good luck!

Reeko, RyanB, Easy and 4 others like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

This is utter nonsense. If you had thrown in "sometimes" maybe you'd have a point, but I'm willing to bet you have no real proof to back up that statement. As an example: In the only known fixing of NBA games in recent memory, neither team was in on it.Instead, it was just a single ref (two if you count Scott Foster).

A few other famous proven sports fixing scandals:

The "Black Sox" scandal: Only about 1/3 of one team was in on it.
    The 1950 NCAA point-shaving scandal: Only certain players were in on it.
    Pete Rose: Only Pete Rose was in on it.
    The 1985 Tulane basketball point-shaving scandal: Only one player was in on it.
    The 1995 Northwestern basketball scandal: Only two players were in on it.
    There was an NBA game a couple of years ago in which Cavs players supposedly threw a game to get David Blatt fired, but the opponents knew nothing about it.

Sometimes it's one guy. Sometimes it's a few guys. Maybe sometimes it's a team.

And yeah, I guess you might find an instance where both sides knew. Outside of boxing, that would be exceedingly rare. And that's never happened in the NBA in any proven scandal.

Reeko, BMoney, RyanB and 1 other person like this.
  3. WestendMassive

The reaction from the media since the Rockets said they have data that indicates the warriors have benefited from friendly refereeing for a long period has been staggering.

Instead of any consideration that the Rockets may be correct, the media first tried to debunk the stats by questioning the methodology and second they've shifted into hit piece mode to suggest that the Rockets deserve to be treated unfairly by the refs because their data analysis says three pointers and free throws are efficient ways to score.

The whole landing zone narrative has gone from Harden was clearly fouled to the Rockets, primarily Harden, are trying to cheat the system and ruin basketball by attempting to get fouled every time they shoot. Clearly that narrative is false, I'm sure James would like to shoot without thinking about where he's going to land.

Meanwhile, Klay Thompson has gotten no criticism at all for his continued recklessness in Game 1, and after game 2 the narrative that the most cocky, arrogant and showboatingly disrespectful team in the history of basketball plays the right way and is faithful to the old school has resurfaced.

Is there any other team in sports that is portrayed in such a negative light as Harden and the Rockets?

Reeko, RyanB, tmoney1101 and 9 others like this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He represents everything wrong with the media, so agree.

King1 and Jontro like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have been making games for 25 years, and there is almost always an exploit that you need to account for with a patch.

I firmly believe Morey has found the Basketball exploit, and the NBA will need to patch.

DD

smp, snowconeman22 and Jontro like this.
  6. WestendMassive

Morey hasn't really won anything though. Golden State is the team racking up championships. Morey's approach has consistently resulted in above average teams but none have gone all the way.

How is that an exploit the nba needs to fix?

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His exploit does not end in championships necessarily, that is true.

But it ends in 3 point records and point records.

It's statistical but stats dun win championships on their own.

I admit stats are part of today's game but eye test and good relationships to others are still key.

And for every good move or two, Morey makes tons of average ones or even a bad one here and there.

So essentially he is just treading waters and gaining only a minimum. The owners never helped much with luxury taxes either.

Harden essentially makes a team a playoff team, so Morey was getting a coach who got the best out of the Offense and one for Defense.

So this team's ceiling is 2nd to 5th seed. Floor would be 6-8th seed.

Last season the team overachieved a lot.

#187 daywalker02, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Remember the idiot who said this votes on NBA awards which are used to pay or not pay players. This guy with this type of opinion would never vote for a Rockets player objectively. Which leads me to the point I always bring up, NBA awards voted on by "media" are worthless trash.

DLX94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

It's even funnier when you consider that before the Warriors won their first title, there was a lot of popular sentiment that they would flame out in the playoffs because "jumpshooting teams can't win". Now they're supposed to be some kind of gatekeepers of traditional basketball?

Reeko and Little Bit like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The only thing STOPPING the exploit from working completely is an all time great team - it would have worked last year too, and the basketball is just not as visually pleasing to the fans - etc, who appreciate movement and team play.

So, yeah.

DD

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Broussard is a nob who makes up fake sources all the time

12. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Chris Broussard can eat a bag of moose dicks.

Reeko and ryano2009 like this.
  13. rbenavides01

rbenavides01 Member

Isn't he the one that has an eye that rolls all over the place? Maybe that's why he has issues depth eye perception.o_O

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. malakas

malakas Member

The only way to get rid of clowns like him is to ignore them. Look here his crap has already generated a 10 page thread. For him that's what's he's after, publicity bad or good.

napalm06 likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good god almighty. What a lump of excrement with two legs and **** for brains. The Rockets have a “sense of entitlement?” Thanks to @J.R., I didn’t have to listen to what the pathetic creature said, but reading it was bad enough.

I need a drink.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I didn't watch the video, gave it a downvote, but if you really want to detract from your IQ just read the comments. Most just say "finally, someone speaking my heart".

In today's world it's about what you want to be true.

18. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

what's his sauces this time?

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I honest think that Chris Broussard symbolizes everything wrong with society. I'm serious.

[​IMG]

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  20. WestendMassive

I disagree with the contention that the Rockets play ugly basketball. When the machine is whirring and you have lobs galore getting complemented by a barrage of 3 pointers it is actually pretty exciting to watch.

Granted the machine hasn't really whirred for consistent stretches this season, so I do acknowledge when it doesn't result in buckets it doesn't look good.

But that could be said about any offense really, downscreens and backcuts don't make a missed shot look pretty