1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard: I hope Rockets get swept, they symbolize everything wrong with society

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan2017, May 2, 2019.

1. GottaHaveHeart

I think CB is everything that’s wrong with wanna be’ insiders that somehow get national attention with an opinion that no one cares about ——Houston,Tx

Tfor3 and Mazulis like this.
  2. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

I just read through 8 pages -- a good 50% here didn't even want to click the link and say things like "I turn off the radio as soon as he comes on. . ." This refusal to hear criticism is highly unhealthy if you want to succeed in whatever you want to do. If you objectively listen to this segment, Broussard isn't saying all analytics are bad, he is saying the extreme dependence on analytics, where there is an extreme lack of the midrange game -- the extreme is what is wrong. He's not the only one saying it. Did we and the team itself complain too loudly after game one? Yes, we did. Does Harden flop? Yes, he actually does (and so do others, but that's never a legitimate defense).

It is getting so unhealthy that it seems like the conspiracy theories that the league and officiating actually conspire for a certain outcome seems to be accepted as fact around here -- that is certifiable paranoia. You know, in real sports fixing, like with boxing, etc. the losing team is also in on it as well. If there is a real NBA conspiracy, it seems that the Rockets didn't get the memo.

LosPollosHermanos and javal_lon like this.
  3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Lions don't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Not surprised you have 19 likes with garbage posts like this. It's not paranoia when the league admitted it took nearly 100 points from the Rockets in last years WCF. How convenient that it was to the benefit of the fake dynasty the league has created.

Reeko, Little Bit and fckbandwagons like this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Chris Broussard symbolizes everything wrong with today's media.

Tfor3 and Mazulis like this.
  6. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Except nobody, not even generally in Houston, considers us the lions in this series.

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Remain silent, sheep!

crimsonghost likes this.
  8. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

The Nile is not just a river in Egypt. No wonder you suck at life, refusing to listen to any criticism.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Fixed

That's pretty extreme to me

10. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If this is the case , I'm done with NBA basketball

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Denial is not acknowledging Golden State gets the benefit of officiating most times and the Rockets got screwed multiple games.

The correct response to that sentiment isn't "everybody has calls not go their way"... or.. "it doesn't matter, play on".

Correct sentiment is acknowledging there is a bias.

Should teams play through it ? Yes

But acknowledge what's going on first, then speak your piece.

Broussard has made several asinine anti-Houston/Harden statements this season. And it's not limited to GS when regarding Houston/Harden.

That fool didn't even acknowledge KD's teaming up with a 73-win previous champion was bad for the league. Yet the Rockets' shot selection is. LOL and pSMH

He's a d1ck-riding ***** for what he likes, and a hater for what he doesn't.

He's a walking Nile.

Reeko, Tfor3 and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Chris Broussard: I hope Rockets get swept, they symbolize everything wrong with basketball
    [​IMG]

s3ts, Tfor3 and Patience like this.
  13. LUK3

LUK3 Member

consume. a. genital.

14. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Houston is the 5th largest metro area as of 2018. Dallas is 4th by bout 500k. Houston was 6th in 2010, but has since passed The Philly metro area.

Houston used to be the 9th largest TV market just a few years ago. It has since jumped up to 7th as of last year by passing the San Francisco-Oakland TV market. Houston is about 60k behind DC and about 200k behind Dallas-Ft Worth. Good chance Houston will pass DC soon and the two Texas cities should continue to gain on Philadelphia.

Houstunna likes this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I hope Broussard and his eyes drown in his own sauces.

Tfor3 likes this.
  16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Glad to hear.

The website I pulled must've been outdated.

H-Town on the rise !!!

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Rockets's game symbolize what is wrong with society today: Cheating their way to get what they want lol.

18. HookemHorns1250

What in the freaking world happened from last year to this year? There was never this much hate for the Rockets by these guys. Sure hey said we weren’t favorites to win, but apparently now we are ruining the game.

Also, they act like we’ve been arguing about officials all year long. There were two times where we spoke about officiating in a press conference. One, when Harden got upset that he couldn’t have a conversation with foster. Not that the calls were bad, but just because Foster was jerk. Next, was game 1 when the NBA OPENLY admired they missed multiple calls.

I’m glad the media just freaking ignores Green screaming and cursing every game, and Durant being ejected multiple games, but yep, we are the complainers. Such a freaking joke.

Also , us ruining basketball? How about Durant joining a 73 win team?

Houstunna likes this.
  19. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Nah. We're consumers. If the video contains overused and oversimplified content as you say it does, then the trash title was chosen deliberately for clicks. Even more so, the title is pandering to the viewers who are Rockets haters, not us.

I just saw the recommended Youtube link and reported it for "Hateful or abusive content".

crimsonghost and Houstunna like this.
  20. Rocketeer4Life

Chris B sounds so dumb and uneducated with his opinions lol
    I could rebuttal each of his stupid points and shut his mouth but won't bother.
    Chris B - don't hate the player, hate the game dumb***!

s3ts and Tfor3 like this.