1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets v Game of Thrones Premiere ... Empty Lower Bowl?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Apr 11, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Or download an application that streams the show anytime you want. I think humanity can get there.

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Really are u people serious. I love thrones but in no way am I missing a live hometown event for something I can literally watch on HBO go 1 second after the game over

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

Live sporting event vs a TV show you can fire up on your phone and stream to Chromecast any time you want.

Not only do I prefer watching my sporting events live, I would rather watch my favorite shows streamed at a higher bit rate and resolution over the internet than watch a shitty live cable feed of the show.

mike2k132 likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

See, there’s this thing called DVR and it can record both TV shows and Live games. Crazy stuff right?

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

I never watch rockets live. Start the game an hour late and forward through the commercials and free throws

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

What is Game of Thrones?
    Is that another hot take show @tinman?

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Havent seen a single epidosd of GoT.

Maybe I should start this weekend and skip the game with evereyone?

/s

8. Convictedstupid

Attending the game aside, it's not even choosing between GOT and the full live Rockets game. It's between GOT and the first half hour of the Rockets game.

Duke Fan likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

the test of true rockets support :)

and it is choosing between the two because one way or the other it gets spoiled on social media and likely people you know, if you're not actually watching one in its entirety

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, this thread drifted into talking about technology ... lulz.

I'm talking about the Lower Bowl attending the game v GoT Parties, including watching with family at home, because dad got overruled. :( You can't record a GoT Party...and you can't record Showing Up On Time in your seats.

This isn't helping ... so, sad. :(

Betcha scalpers and STHs who like to profit from Playoff pricing aren't happy.

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I am seriously questioning y'alls commitment to Sparkle Motion....:confused:

12. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

F*cking A right, who cares about some TV show.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

about a billion people

Jayzers_100, Harrisment and Duke Fan like this.
  14. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

[​IMG]

So happy I don't have to make such a hard choice! I'll watch both the next morning :)

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

People are dumping their tickets on flashseats so if you wanna go for cheap this is your chance

heypartner likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

How do you fight the urge to peak at your phone to see the score? I mean just visiting any sports related site like Cluchfans might give it away. I also have a sports app that notifies my Rocket scores. On top of that since I'm using a Android device that uses Google services, google's assistant since it knows I like the Rockets just randomly sends me notifications of Rocket scores.

Stay away from social media.

Unless of course you are just going to watch the game knowing the outcome.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

editted OP to include this PSA.

18. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

The game starts at 3:30 AM for me. Last year I was watching first three games against GSW live. It messed up my biorythm completely, so I will never do that again.

For next four games, I had a routine of getting up, dropping kids at school, coming back home and firing up the league pass with spoilers off. I had to leave phone alone until the end of the game. It worked great, so will definitely repeat that this year.

GOT will give me bigger problems...me and my cousin want to binge watch it after the season ends, but with every day getting closer to the premiere, I'm realizing we probably can't pull it off without spoilers... :D

19. acjeitherocket

too bad theres not actually any "Cheap" tix for lower bowl. Cheapest I saw was $115 so thats like $140 per ticket after u add the fees. I'll stay home and watch both with my dual screen setup

20. fchowd0311

Ya that would be nearly impossible. You would have to give up social media entirely and pray not overhearing conversations in real life about the show.

Koperboy likes this.