1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Players chose Harden as MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

2. Pete the Cheat

Man I hope he gets spurned again. Would love another “That’s my trophy” moment in the F’n finals

burlesk likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Nah. With so much switching Leonard is the best/most impactful defender in the NBA. He can guard literally every player in the NBA.

D-rock likes this.
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Exs players......ex players are jealousy of harden. They believe they could stop him or do what he does.... current players no better. Exs players he talks to..tmac pippen kidd thomas.....get off my lawn guys

rhee likes this.
  5. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Not only that, But James is the basically the sole reason why everybody says we are Golden States biggest threat. But they wouldn’t want to start a franchise with him...LOL

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Look at the percentages. About 44% chose him as the MVP and 4% chose him as overrated. The 4% that chose him as overrated can come from the 56% that didn't choose him as MVP.

BTW, nice to see this, I guess :

Which coach, aside from your own, would you want to play for?
    4. Mike D’Antoni (7.4%)

Not so nice to see :

Which team, other than your own, will win the title this season?
    4. Houston (3.1%)

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm not sure these guys took every one of these questions seriously.

Who's MVP: Harden (43%)
    Start Franchise: Harden (1%)

That makes zero sense. I'm thinking the wording was off or players just didn't care.

BamBam likes this.
  8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Love your posts. Like the poster said above about another post that did the same, you lose me when you criticize someone for their weight or appearance. I'd like it if people would stop doing that. Nothing personal. I know that making fun of people's appearance is still acceptable in our society but I'd like to think it's on its way out.

9. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

But the random opinions of ignorant people does? In what way? I know Harden wants to be remembered as an all-time great, but I think that's secure whether he wins another MVP from the media or not. Sometimes, sure, the opinions of ignorant people (such as myself, etc.) are important (see democracy, all across the political spectrum).... not sure this is one of those times. Maybe, maybe no.

Dream only won one regular season MVP, and he's considered one of the greatest players ever... hmmm... maybe Beard could...
    He's checked all the other boxes -- recognized by the media one year as MVP, and several years by the people who would know best (the players), name all over the record books, 2019 going down as close to the best offensive season ever for a player, along with some solid defensive stats... People who know basketball (like the players) will always know the truth about this year, and will argue his case forever. I think the main narrative will be "and he probably shoulda won one or two more"...

No?

#49 burlesk, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  10. riko

riko Member

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If we can get Kris Dunn early in the summer and work on his 3pt shot, he would be a great replacement for Rivers. His stock is very low right now and I think he neither had good enough PG skills or shooting skills to be what he was supposed to be. A good fixer upper.

lilbird20 likes this.
  12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Nick Wright thinks the players are right.

s3ts, D-rock and RealRocFan47 like this.
  13. rocks123

rocks123 Member

i think its more an idea that a player like giannis is SUPER HARD to come by. but damn harden is the best player to build around. his ability to stay HEALTHY all season long for 9 seasons is SOMETHING SPECIAL. i want a very healthy franchise player.

s3ts and D-rock like this.
  14. s3ts

s3ts Member

He fking nailed it.

They don't want to give Harden the MVP just because they hate him.

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

No doubt that Wright is right.

If Lebron, Durant, Steph or AD produced Harden's numbers and took an injury riddled team from the bottom of the West to the top - there would be no question for either of these superstars to win MVP.

slothy420 likes this.
  16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

James Harden is always picked as the MVP by the players... nothing new...its just those clowns that never played ball a day in their life that make the picks.