1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

They could!

They could mimic the Republicans on basically any issue.

Remember when the tarmac meeting was the end of the world or the handling of classified info, or even Graham lecturing congress on why they had to impeach Clinton to preserve the purity of the office.

All so laughable now, in light of what we have learned about this administration. Wheres the outrage?

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

you are never going to believe this, but it turns out it is possible for one law enforcement official or organization to be corrupt and another not.

crazy i know.

cml750 likes this.
  3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Right? It's just those MAINSTREAM law enforcement organizations that are corrupt and the enemy of the people. Not like the police, they're the only fair ones.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Cartoon! The best method to communicate to wingnuts. Closely followed by photoshops and YouTube videos.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Well I’m glad BLM makes you feel one way while the FBI makes you feel another way.

Law and order when convenient. Outrage when white collar criminals get the same tactics and testament as regular criminals.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

selective believing in one and rejection of one based on nothing more than one view is what you call delusional PoV

7. tallanvor

police are often very corrupt just not always. Not sure why its lost on all you that some law enforcement can be corrupt while some aren't. The FBI isn't being judged by what they oversee, its what they've actually done.

Its based on their actions....

The Stasi are corrupt, but the US Park Rangers aren't?!?!?!? hypocrisy i say.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Law enforcement is more corrupt when there are less qualifications in the hiring process. Thus, local small town cops are more corrupt than FBI agents. Data has been analyzed showing that the higher level of education a officer has, the less likely they are to be involved in a shooting or be involved in any type of corruption.

The shorter the path there is to become a cop, the more likely the people who just want a power trip filter through into the ranks.

9. tallanvor

Don't agree. Its more corrupt when there is less oversight. the DoJ stonewalls and lies like crazy to Congress. They never get punished. Very little oversight.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You genuinely believe small town cops on average are less crooked than FBI agents who go through immense background screening and many of whom have advanced degrees?

11. tallanvor

Screenings are for checking your background, not whether you were ethical in your job performance (oversight does this). Why the hell would a degree matter?

I have no idea about the average of all local cops.

#7711 tallanvor, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  12. dmoneybangbang

Lol ^^^^ treatment not testament. Autocorrect is funny.

13. dmoneybangbang

Quantify “lies like crazy to Congress”. That’s a pretty outrageous claim.

14. dmoneybangbang

I think Tallanvor just represents this conservative mind set where the FBI can’t be trusted because they are federal while the poh-lease are local....

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Guessing trump no longer favors the release of the Mueller report...

17. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I'm not a conservative, and when I think of the legacy of the FBI, I tend to think of the family values of J Edgar Hoover and things like this, this, this, this, this, and this.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

And....?

If I post twice as many links regarding this misdeeds of local law enforcement do I win?

Do these links somehow dispute the notion that conservatives backed local law enforcement when BLM was dominating the news cycle while it questioned the FBI when “their guy” got caught up in it?

19. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

They demonstrate that the FBI has a long history of providing reasons not to trust them, especially if you aren't a conservative. That so many decided to forget that when it became politically convenient to is not a comforting thing.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

I mean that’s the history of most government run things, like local enforcement that conservatives were readily backing during the BLM

As I mused... there’s only a few years separating BLM and Trump, but two different response towards law enforcement from the Law and Order party....