1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does the 2019 rockets team finally feel complete?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dkoune, Mar 13, 2019.

1. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

With House Rejoining the team and Faried, Rivers and co solidified into the rotation, are the Rockets complete for a legit title run?

Who would have thought House was the missing piece to our ring but he does bring everything we need, 3 point, driving ability, decent defender.

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I think this team is capable of winning a title and is about as complete as it's going to be for the remainder of the season. I don't expect there to be any additional signings and suspect that D'Antoni is still determining who is going to fit in his playoff rotation.

If Shumpert doesn't start to produce the way he's expected and House resumes where he left off, expect House to fit the 7 or 8 man playoff rotation D'Antoni is likely going to run while players like Shumpert sit out postseason.

D-rock, topfive and Lawlruschang like this.
  3. Remlap

Remlap Member

LOCKED AND LOADED.
    AS GOOD AS WE'RE GONNA GET THIS YEAR. GO ROCKETS!!
    TAKE NO PRISONERS

[​IMG]

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. theimpossibles1

The question, OP, is do you finally feel complete?

6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I think so... I think so...

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Some Buddhist quotes apply:

"All roads end in me."
    "I am the root of all misery."

8. theimpossibles1

Thoughts determine reality.

dkoune likes this.
  9. SinceEverSince

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Ready to flex on the league

Bring it Foster and Brothers you fn azz holes.

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

15 games left in the season including tonight's huge matchup against Golden State. Thats just under 20% of the season left for the team to stay healthy (for once) and lock down roles/rotation and build cohesion and chemistry. I am excited to see a completely healthy Rockets team now. This team is really lacking the chemistry last year's team had they are much more versatile on both ends of the floor with the roster this year.

The big thing is MDA is going to have to learn to trust larger rotations in the playoffs. He hasn't historically and he will have to now.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

if they show they can contribute against GS and be playable, then hell likely have no problem doing so. He had no problem with a deep rotation in both series prior to GS a year ago

heypartner likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

against Minny and Utah he played a 9-man rotation half the games, and 8-man the other half...and that doesn't count garbage time players. I can see him going 9 all series this time.

And against us, the Warriors went to an 8-man rotation in the WCF, last year, even before Iggy got injured. We would have matched that all series had Luc not become unplayable, even with Paul injured...and this year Faried will play, whereas Nene didn't.

14. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We have the best harden and the best rockets this year. If Houston gets champion, Harden will replace Lebron as the 1st man in the league

D-rock likes this.
  15. YaoMingsSoulja

No, I'm still waiting on Shump to show up. He needs to get healthy and get some more games in. We need defensive players who can spread the floor in the playoffs. This guy has serious playoff experience. I expect more from him and so should everyone else.

dkoune, Voltik and saleem like this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

I feel like this thread is a jinx.

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes.

House helps bridge the gap between our guards and “Bigs.” Allows Tucker to rest and not need to play
    40+ mins of stressful playoff action in a 7 game series ( I believe he earned 29 mins in last years WCF’s).

Where Capela might not play more than 32 minutes a game vs the Warriors (I don’t feel Cousins will play much vs us)...
    (player) X/ (player) Y/ House/Tucker/Faried lineup will kick tail vs the Warriors.

Rockets finally have a counterpart to Draymond Green physicality and energy in the form of Faried.

Faried (Hou): 27.4 mins......15 pts...........9.4 rebs...........42.9% (3P%)../ last 9 gms: 1.0 (3PA).......55.6% (3P%)
    Draymond G: 31.2 mins......7.0 pts..........7.5 rebs...........25.0% (3P%)....................: 2.4 (3PA)

Cousins is being attacked each game for his defense lately. Last 11 games: —4.7 (+/-)....28.0 (mins)....17.5% (3P%).
    Vs Houston Rockets (2/23/19): Cousins was a minus 17.

Shumpert/Rivers/CP3/Green can check Curry/Cook/Klay Thompson (Klay is more or less just a bigger JJ Redick)/Livingston......Defense will win the matchup of this group. Edge Rockets.

House/Tucker > Iggy

Harden/Durant will negate themselves for the most part.

Series Houston (4-2) barring injuries. Beating the best (Warriors) props the Rockets up to beat all other contenders.
    What has seemed like a poor year for the greater part, turns out successful. Go Rockets!!

#17 ApacheWarrior, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  18. rockets13champs

House is what brought rockets fans back to the arena

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good posts all round here. I too am hoping for the best Apache, but I sure wish DeAndre had been bought out from the Knicks. His presence in the paint would given us a big weapon against bigger centers. Faried is doing his best. I like him, but he isn't much of a defender. Capela's defense in the paint has been subpar so far all season long. Nene is too old, despite his courage and size. Rivers has a hard job on defense, but he needs to wake up on offense. He is too talented, not to do so. I'm happy to see you posting again.
    Lets go Houston Rockets!

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  20. deshen

deshen Member

The defense alone won't allow you have high expectation in the playoffs.