1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron *unsurprisingly* criticizes team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LosPollosHermanos, Feb 24, 2019.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

All I can conclude is LeBron A) assumed one or two superstars would join him in LA last summer, B) thought he was good enough to get the Lakers deep into the playoffs on his own with this young supporting cast, or C) doesn't give a sh-t about basketball anymore and this is a prolonged farewell tour.

I mean, he HAD to know what he was getting into by coming west, right? You've already got Golden State to contend with(who added Boogie over the summer, BTW) only now earlier in the playoffs than the Finals. You've got the Rockets who have fallen off this season but are still formidable. Portland was already good. Utah was up-and-coming. San Antonio will always be relevant as long as Pop is there. Minnesota has disappointed this season, but the talent is there to be good down the road. And Denver was on the cusp of being a playoff team and now looks like an actual contender.

And that's to say nothing of the surprise teams of which there's always at least one. This year that would be the Kings. Plus I'd throw in the Thunder who were gonna make the playoffs, but this season actually look like they could make a deep run.

What the hell did he think would happen when he signed with a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs since 2013? And even then, that was as the 7th seed and they got swept in the first round.

#81 count_dough-ku, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    RichieBanks, roslolian and smp like this.
  2. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Brandon Ingram Need help!

King in the Leastern conference but Queen in the almighty Western conference. The "Chosen One" tattooed on your back and self proclaim GOAT my Azz!

Lakers need to trade LaQueen Blames for AD so he can rot in new Orleans lol

#82 got em COACH, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

So much worse than harden defense videos

Mazulis, Mathloom, Roc Paint and 3 others like this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That's worse defensive effort than I've ever seen from Harden. Hopefully this gets publicized

Mazulis and NotInMyHouse like this.
  5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It won't. Can't cut into Space Jam 2 profits my man.

6. count_dough-ku

And Harden doesn't play like that on defense anymore. Especially in the post. LeBron literally does nothing out there in those clips. He doesn't even go for the rebound.

7. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

SAS is messing with me here.
    #1: "from this day forward, Lbj is no longer the ''best player in the world'."
    #2: with respect to guys knocking on that door, he's got Giannis, Paul George, and "to a lesser extent, James Harden" (okay...)
    #3: to end the segment, he somehow brings up Harden's bad shooting night against ATL but quickly defends it saying some nights the 3shot isn't there but the 2shot is - "doesn't mean you're choking".

SAS almost had me believing that he low-key believes Harden can be that guy to take on that mantle. Despite #2, he twists the entire convo and wanted to make it about Harden somehow.

I only clicked the yt link in hopes of hearing SAS rip LeBron. I wasn't disappointed.

fckbandwagons and s3ts like this.
  8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Harden is not the best player in the league. I am a big critic of LeBron, however he has the capability to win a game when he wants to. I dont fault LeBron as much because he has accomplished everything a player could want. There are too many nights when Harden doesn't show up, for whatever reason. Sadly the league really lacks highly competitive players. Its become all about the massive contracts. If someone really wants a ring, then they take a massive cut to be on a stacked team in their twilight years.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LeBron should just retire, and then come back a couple years later and play a couple more seasons, just like MJ did. Expectations would be much lower. People would praise him for how amazing he could still play at an old age.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What's crazy to me is that if he were so dead set on LA, why not the Clippers? He'd have been in a much better position with those guys around him.
    As to the topic at hand, it honestly makes me a little sad to see this play out over and over again. Lebron essentially takes over as the GM then blames everybody but himself when his team is terrible. He may very well be the greatest of all time but in my opinion this kind of stuff is tarnishing his legacy. Damn sure don't recall Jordan ripping his teammates.

BeBreezy likes this.
  11. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Yes, I agree. I don't like Lakers fans that much, so I'm kind of enjoying the turmoil that they're in. But I dislike that it's coming at the hands of LeBron James. I don't know that I'd argue he's been this way over the span of his career, but I definitely took notice of this strong-arming, GM-esque behavior during the Kyrie debacle in Cleveland. This situation in LA is by far the worst, and unfortunately, it's already starting to tarnish his legacy (à la comments like "Why did we ever consider him GOAT over MJ?!"). It's sad for me to come to terms with this character of his, he was the reason 7-year-old me fell in love with basketball.

clutchdabear, Williamson and hakeem94 like this.
  12. count_dough-ku

I think he wanted to lead the Lakers back to glory. I mean, if he does do that, he could very well cement his legacy as the greatest player ever. The problem is the exact opposite is happening. They added LeBron James to the roster and may wind up barely improving upon last year's record.

Williamson likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's right you know.jpg

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oh he did it everywhere but Miami. And he tried in Miami too but Pat Riley wasn't having that ****.

Sajan likes this.
  15. MD_in_Training

Lebron doesn’t have a trade kicker. I literally see no reason why the Lakers don’t trade him. They can get enough talent and picks to be set for a decade. Their chance of winning a ring with Lebron is remote.

16. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

This actually crossed my mind during the AD talks. The cost and the reward have no balanced for the Lakers with him atm. Depending how the summer goes this could be a disaster.

I'd be curious to see what Lebron would do with a full off season to train and be healthy for the first time since 2003 though lol.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

LeBron is a football player on the basketball court. He is an amazing athlete, very skilled. He does a lot for the community I understand which I respect. However, he is a classic primadonna. He is always whining, griping, complaining. He is murder on coaches and fellow players and it is getting worse. I think he feels his "prominence" is fading, needs attention and can't get enough of it. He has everything but wants more of something. Not sure he even knows what that is. Maybe he thought being a celeb, sports star, and incredibly rich would make him happy, but he is clearly not at peace.

Sajan likes this.
  18. MD_in_Training

The answer is nothing. He would do nothing without at least one other superstar.

19. jowman

jowman Member

Sad to see this is how he's going to end his career. After his last few playoff runs he was in all the debates for GOAT, unfortunately as much as he thinks he's doing the right thing for his image it ends up backfiring on him and turning more people off of him. Overall he's probably a much better person than Kobe (possible rapist) or MJ, but him trying to deflect blame and at the same time want to always appear to be the good guy makes him seem phony and weak.

roslolian likes this.
  20. MystikArkitect

Not accustomed to losing = not accustomed to playing in the West.