1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 2/23/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Absolutely infuriating
    So many troll ass "fans"

Rocket River

D-rock, BigMaloe, adw and 7 others like this.
  2. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Finally this fool moves tucker to the 3 needs to be the starting line up with Gordon back to the 6th man

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, all you dudes need to just find a middle ground, we are at our best WITH HARDEN AND CP. Yall dont need crap on Harden or CP when we win without either.

D-rock, BigMaloe, Remlap and 8 others like this.
  4. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Old school win. Our PG was the best player on the floor (despite their 4 all stars), and our guys scrapped harder than theirs.

5. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

What a great win! I'm proud of this team... this should give the bench more confidence in themselves, and James more confidence in his supporting cast. What a fantastic performance by CP3 as well, who I hope is getting back to his reliable greatness.

I hope this also inspires Morey and Tilman to bring House back and give the Rockets the best possible chance of winning it all.

This season is the best evidence I've ever seen that you can't predict the future. If you see a chance to win the championship, you should go for it. Some great players never even get as close as Harden did last year to a ring.

D-rock, BigMaloe, Remlap and 9 others like this.
  6. jcf

jcf Member

No doubt you are entitled to your subjective opinion. But game to game, there are different duds and heroes. This game was great. But Harden has carried this team for years. One game doesn't change that.

D-rock, BigMaloe, Remlap and 6 others like this.
  7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Couldn't play Cousins in the 4th.

Faried needs to start.

Gordon to the bench.

CP3 is back to being an All star - excited to see how we come out against Atlanta.

D-rock, BMoney, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

They can deny it all they want, but at this point we are totally IN. THEIR. HEADS.

[​IMG]

All that Morey talk about building a team to take down the Warriors, combined with our actually beating them more often than not the last couple of years, has them subconsciously wondering when it's going to happen.

D-rock, BigMaloe, Remlap and 8 others like this.
  9. OpportunityCost

Cousins is one big goofy crybaby.

Hmc415, BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  10. OpportunityCost

Cousins is one big goofy crybaby.

BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The next time some chump calls Chris Paul trash? We should collectively carry the fool to a dumpster, toss him or her in head first, and slam the lid down.

We can take Oakland in a 7 game series. Our guys just need to get there. The Wankers are damn good, but we have their number, in my humble opinion.

Deuce, D-rock, BMoney and 10 others like this.
  12. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I'm actually starting to worry more about the other teams we would have to beat to win it all.

13. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

What have the Worriers said? Examples?

bj3175 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. jcf

jcf Member

He seems like a fan. Excited about our win. just doesn't want it to be a single data point to cr#p on the MVP.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

CP3 in this game showed how lucky the Worriers are that he got injured last season. Up 3-2 in that playoff series, we were going to send them fishing. For some reason, CP3 is X-factor against these guys, with all due respect to MVP.

D-rock, BigMaloe, Remlap and 7 others like this.
  16. jboslett

jboslett Member

These types of games tell me how we'll be as a playoff team.

Remember that
    Nobody is saying he's not a willing passer. What they're saying is that instead of purely dominating the ball, James should let others create within the flow of the offense. This also means being willing to play off the ball instead of only participating if the ball is in his hands.

There's something to being actively involved in the offense that lets role players like Tucker (and even EG to an extent) hit shots. Call it rhythm, or staying mentally engaged, or whatever - it makes a difference. Telling PJ to dial up a catch and shoot 3 after not touching the ball for 5 possessions in a row is a problem.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You picked up on what I'm thinking. It may seem weird to some, but I'm more afraid of us blowing a series before we face Oakland than I am of the Wankers.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Watching this game...Cousins most certainly doesn't make them better against us. He just creates another guy we can expose on the perimeter.

Offensively, any shot he takes is better than Curry or Durant taking it.

I thought it would be this way when he signed there, and early evidence supports it.

BigMaloe, BeBreezy, Fiah and 8 others like this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL a whole lot of people thought that Faried should start with Tucker instead of Gordon. Many of us have been complaining about the small ball lineup with 3 guards since last year. Our coach is just a stubborn old mule. Maybe, and its a small maybe, he will finally see the light. Don't hold your breath on that hope though.

bro2044, Downtown Sniper and hakeem94 like this.
  20. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Lakers needed one of the worst regular-season screwjobs I've seen to beat us, as shown in NO tonight.