1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 2/23/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2019.

1. eman

eman Contributing Member

Best win of the season. Really makes the Laker L the more disgusting, but got to let that, and all the bad Ls, go. Now let’s get on a streak.

BigMaloe, Remlap, DreamQuake and 6 others like this.
  2. OpportunityCost

Sort of unrelated and I have been out of the loop but, is House coming back or is the roster set?

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Oh n also where those people who said clint n fraid wouldnt play together. Remember I said we needed a back up 5 even with friad. Cause I felt he would be better at 4. People I have basketball knowledge remember that before u dismiss my comments. Been watch n playing basketball my whole life. Nonstop

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

We were literally on pace to choke away this game until Draymond Green got hurt.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I completely understand that aspect.

Back in my heyday I made a state team as a PG playing with/against people who made long NBL careers.

On the other side of the coin, when you work so hard to get someone else a shot and time after time after time they do nothing to reward your work, it gets tiresome and you feel you need to do it on your own.

Personally, both sides of the coin are right and there needs to be a compromise somewhere in the middle between the two styles of play. But I'm getting awfully sick of those throwing Harden under the bus so quickly.

D-rock, BigMaloe, DreamQuake and 5 others like this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There’s a possibility we will sign him before the playoffs, from what I gathered. Unlikely we will pick him up any time soon, though.

Tfor3 and ryano2009 like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Gordon has hit some clutch shots for us man.

8. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Give Morey credit, he assembled a team that can match up with Warriors pretty well. No just fix the other holes so we can beat anybody.

D-rock, Fiah and Rocket River like this.
  9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Casuals bro. I'm pretty sure alot pf poster on here dont even watch basketball. N people act as if we had these same guys when james was force to carry us..n he did. H3 got us here. It amazes me people act like the rockets season didnt exist last year lmao. Gordan was balling last year so was clint. People dont understand we havent even gelled yet how many games has clint cp3 n harden even played together this year.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  10. Zergling

Zergling Member

Was already going to be a weird game without Harden, but there were 3 big developments coming out of this game that had nothing to do with his absence:

1) DeMarcus Cousins played like complete garbage and was a -17. If he's unplayable against us in the playoffs, that's a big issue for the Warriors.
    2) On the other hand, Kenneth Faried showed that he's more than playable against them, even as a starter!
    3) Tucker can play at SF because he's no longer hopelessly undersized. 10 rebounds at the SF spot is Ariza-like.

D-rock, BigMaloe, Remlap and 12 others like this.
  11. riko

riko Member

What a great win! Everyone contributed but Green still makes some head scratching decisions. Tucker looked good and played well on both ends. Gordon was aggressive and Paul was Paul.

Faried to me was humongous out there. I hope the Rockets re-sign him because his engergy has been great ad he has a shot which surprised me.

Btw how bad is cousins is lookin? He moves like a 90 year old. I mean Nene was owning him in the post

#1191 riko, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    D-rock, joshuaao, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Aren't we 2-0 WITH HARDEN?

ROCKET RIVER

D-rock, Williamson, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  13. Zergling

Zergling Member

James Harden playing or not playing has nothing to do with our idiot coaches JUST NOW REALIZING that playing Tucker at PF and Gordon at SF may not be conducive to a good team defensive rebounding %.

D-rock, BMoney, BeBreezy and 2 others like this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As much so many of us love the Faried and Clint or Faried and Nene combo, over starting with 3 guards I just have this sick feeling our coach will still start Gordon when Harden comes back. I sure hope my hunch is wrong, but that man is as stubborn as a mule with his small ball obsession.

Little Bit and hakeem94 like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS
    its not like harden is not a willing passer....he is.. moreover when he isnt dribbling or attacking he is just standing there sulking like resting not creating any offball motion to make it possible the offense of others to work

faried and tuckers showed me tonight they can create their own shot

Jake Tower and deb4rockets like this.
  16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Omg, what a freaking victory!!! The best this year, no doubt, against the world champs on their home court!!!

Ladies and gents, the line was GS by 13!

BigMaloe, Remlap, BeBreezy and 4 others like this.
  17. rockets13champs

18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Remember when people thought the Warriors were good? They just lost to a Harden-less Rockets team

D-rock, Tfor3, BeBreezy and 1 other person like this.
  19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ur smart my friend

20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We won because we were determined not because Harden didn't play. None of the Rockets would ever say they don't want to play with Harden. CP3's best game of the season by far. Key stat 24 FTs, 22 were made. Warriors had better FG percentage numbers, but those FT numbers is why a fully loaded Warriors took a big L. Give MVP another night off.

D-rock, BigMaloe, DavidRocket and 7 others like this.