1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the best left handed player of all time in the NBA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston#1, Feb 4, 2019.

1. threepointshot3

Harden is now considers an all time great and Gino is coming nsiderd a very good wily player. You are embarrassing yourself

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

You can cross reference harden's statistics from the 2012 finals when the heat almost swept the thunder.

In game 1, the thunder won their one and only game where harden scored 5 points. In that finals, Westbrook scored 46 in one of those games to tie Jordan for most points in a first time finals appearance. I know Westbrook scored over 40 points at least twice in 2012 finals.

This was while harden struggled mightily in his first ever finals appearance

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Really though? Because Bird, Westbrook, LeBron, Payton, Ainge, Millsap (I can list more) all shoot with their non-dominant hand.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

you have faulty memory.

It wasn't an inbounds play, and he didn't fight over screens. And it wasn't game saving. Best Harden could do was tie the game with a 3.

It was a scramble after a jump ball. Simmons was on Harden. Anderson got it, and Ginobody was guarding Ryno. Harden came to get the ball at 35' with 3 seconds to work with. Harden was trapped briefly. When Anderson flared, SAS switched.

What happened was Ginobody was smart enough to realize that Harden beating him meant little, because he could use the 3pt line as another defender. Ginobody didn't have to stay in front of him, because he knew Harden's only play was to stop at the 3pt line, so he could block him from behind.

Most overrated block I've ever seen.

6. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Really. Lebron James is full of ****. First he says he doesn't know how he became a right handed player then he says the first thing his first coach taught him how to do his make a left handed lay up. Which means he already knew how to make a right handed lay up. Watch again. That was his first time playing organized basketball, not his first time playing. People like to say they're left handed and weren't born left handed. Being born left handed and learning how to use your left hand is not the same.

7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The finals and regular season are different.

Harden couldn't eclipse westbrook scoring output and total points back in the 2012 finals. So he wasn't been no where close to being dominate or an all time great, the one time he went to the finals back in 2012.

He hasn't dominated his way back to the finals because golden state has stood in the way.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Doesn’t he write with his left hand?

BasketballMind likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

A 3rd year Harden destroyed Ginobody in 2012 WCF. He was the reason they beat the Spurs.

I thought you wanted to talk about Ginobody H2H's vs Harden. I guess...like always...you're just here to nitpick at the best player in the NBA.

#49 heypartner, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    mike2k132 likes this.
  10. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The Spurs body of work and finals runs against the heat represent an accomplishment beyond harden ability. Harden was not the best player with the thunder and at times harden battled Derek Fisher for playing time in OKC which lead to the trade.

Harden is going all out to carry the team. The 22 point comeback against La without LeBron has propelled harden's stock but remember lonzo ball got hurt in the rockets comeback victory. The loss to Denver is the closest game to playoff intensity, and harden barely got 30 in garbage time.

Maybe it's nit picking idk but rockets not really top 3 in west right now, even after Spurs and ginobilli split up!

11. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Popcorn machine!
    [​IMG]

12. BasketballMind

I don't know. Does he?

13. durvasa

Yes. He apparently does all non-basketball stuff with his left hand. Same with Larry Bird, Russell Westbrook, and a handful of other players.

BasketballMind likes this.
  14. BasketballMind

Larry Bird is naturally right handed, google it. It was a huge deal when he played a whole game left handed a long time ago. A right handed player who learned to play with his left hand. I don't believe Westbrook is naturally left handed either. Why not use the God given advantage if they're naturally left handed? When Lebron James actually plays left handed at least one time, and Westbrook, maybe I'll believe it. Until then we'll have to agree to disagree.

15. threepointshot3

Wtf does Westbrook have to do anything?. Btw Lin troll, harden has surpassed Westi and it’s not even close anymore as to who is better. Right now it’s not even close. Harden this season has destroyed anything westi has put up before. Do everyone a favour and go back to Jenny Lin fansite

16. durvasa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You have to ask yourself which is more likely. A naturally right handed person who learned how to write as a child with his left hand, or a naturally left handed person who learned how to shoot a basketball as a child with his right hand.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

and Lin is the greatest Asian American ever played this game.

18. BasketballMind

I don't have to ask myself, I know cause I'm left handed and I played/coached. Who's to say they learned how to write left handed as a child? I've signed autographs with my right hand (nothing to do with basketball) so one photo of them doesn't prove anything (to me).

Lebron and Bird writing with their left looks natural but it doesn't mean they didn't learn to write with their left and it doesn't mean they didn't just choose to write with their left that particular time. Westbrook looks like he's trying too hard.

It's harder to learn to SHOOT with your right. Not layups. Shooting the ball, and doesn't make sense to switch to your right hand if you're left handed because left handers have a naturally good eye and are good shooters, golfers, first basemen, pitchers (and paid more) etc. Changing a God given ability switching to your right (shooting wise). Like.. why? Lol. Only (athletic) lefties would understand.

Edit: online it states Bird is naturally right handed and is a competitor/likes to challenge himself which is why he played a whole game left handed. So it wouldn't surprise me that he's signing an autograph with his left hand. It doesn't mean he was born left handed. Some people do this to keep both sides of their bodies strong. I've seen mentours recommend this and I've recommended this to many kids. Start using both hands for everything at a young age so they'll have an advantage over other people they play against. Always talked about how most players make it all the way to the NBA and still can't go to and finish with their opposite hand (and foot.)

#58 BasketballMind, Feb 5, 2019
  19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

On a nightly basic? With being the sole focus of the teams defense? Hmmmm I doubt it

20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Man harden has never dominated a playoff series.

Only thing harden did that I remember is miss 20+ three's in gsw series last year! News radio tried to make excuses for him with complaints that Draymond green played harden too rough.

Mainstream media including ESPN are surprised with the 30 plus streak. Pippen talked down on harden saying the step back is actually traveling. Kobe Bryant doubts the dominance of harden. If people like harden, nothing wrong but his greatest playoff accomplishment was 3-1 comeback again the clippers back in 2015. Nothing happened since then.

Brandon Jennings another lefty used to do harden step back and he got away with it, but harden's shot wanes and his consistency is like jr Smith which on some nights but off most of the time.

#60 smoothie_king, Feb 5, 2019