1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(David Locke) Rockets about to make multiple trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't think so. It would be a waste of time.

Remember when the Knicks had Amar'e Stoudemire? He was signed to that big contract, but he was a shell of his former self. Well, that's where the Rockets are with CP3. Except that CP3 gets paid double what Stoudemire was making.

The Rockets are not shopping CP3 because it would be a waste of time. Morey can call around all he wants, but no other GM is going to take that call.

2. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

The posts in this thread. Y'all on some other ****. Smdh

Smacktle, HP3, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

currently i am out of time to address all the points in detail but in short

no plan is ideal but this is the best team nola will ever have.... they cant even dream to assemble a team this great
    you have a chance to assemble that team you do it

90% of the league would trade their entire roster if they ever had a chance to get this much talent on their team

cp3 holiday capela is a legit big 3

the supporting cast is legendary
    mirotic
    randle
    frasier
    moore
    payton
    okafor
    miller
    Jackson
    hill

i dont have the numbers now but you pay the luxury tax( i dont think theyd be in lt this year) if it need be for a couple of years to keep this ELITE TEAM

AND REMEMBER you still have 4 picks alongside all of your picks you can solve any problems arising be it a salary dump or trading a player or assets for another star or role player

i am telling you you cant be in a situation that is better than this

as per cp3 concerns he is an elite talent an not dependant on his athleticism hell give you elite pg play in the next 3 years
    he is relatively healthy even AD was missing a lot of games annually plus any player can get hurt kyrie oladipo gordon hayward pg13 etc hell look at steel man lebron missing a ton of games
    wouyld you prefer kyrie instead of cp3( and kyries is injured every damn year missing a lot of games)?

PLUS thats why you have dozens of picks to replace him if need be

you dont need a top dog player to win in this league.... look at the warriors first year and look where the elite top dog has led new orleans up until now.... ad couldnt even get them to playoffs..cp3 is guaranteed playoffs each year

again you have dozens of picks so you can trade for one if occasion arises and being competitive in the meantime

you just dont miss an opportunity to have a team like this... its a dream team for a small market team...

theres no need for a rebuild they can compete right now

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Mr. McDowell, Mr. Divac is on line 1...

[​IMG]

5. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

since when does douche-tard david locke scoop news for the houston rockets?

6. hakeemthagreat

The disrespect towards Paul here is disgusting. Harden will eventually tire out, and when he does, who better to control the game than CP3. Yes he's always injured but if he's atleast 85% healthy, there is NOBODY I trust more going into a playoff series or game 7. He's a veteran but has shown he doesn't crack under pressure.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

doesnt look like it

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...-multiple-trades.296209/page-24#post-12216127

the only difference is cp3 helped rockets win the title (if refs dont interefere) and could help another team win the title or get to the playoffs as well

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Paul will start to show his form.

He is actually shooting better than he did at the beginning of the season.

It takes a few games to get in the flow of the game. I am not worried one bit about CP3. He will raise his play in the playoffs when it matters.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What did I say that isn't true?

Is he an all-star player still?
    With the current crop of players in the NBA, is this version of Chris Paul an elite player?
    Can you build a team around this version of Chris Paul?
    Has he been hampered by injuries?

I still like Paul and am one of the few on here that don't mind having him on this team because I understood what it took for Morey and Houston to get him (e.g. max contract). Don't throw out words like "disrespect" when nothing I've posted in the post you quoted is incorrect.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Paul is all star caliber in the playoffs and that is what matters.
    Just like Lebron and Wade, he waits until the post season to show his best stuff.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Availability is an underestimated commodity. I hope we ship him off

12. steddinotayto

Which I don't disagree on because he's done it so many times including last year. BUT the argument that @hakeem94 is making is Chris Paul--33 year old Chris Paul making 35 million a year coming off a break due to a hamstring injury--is a valuable rebuilding piece for New Orleans and that is very hard for me (and I'm assuming a lot of people here) to process.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

stop with the rebuilding nonsense... buddy they can compete right now as i have meticulously elaborated
    theyll have the best team they ever had if they do that trade and will be fully loaded with the assets to unload or replace cp3 or any other of big 3 if it doesnt work
    [​IMG]

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

show his best stuff if best stuff means getting injured which he has done just about every year in the playoffs.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

you don't give up anthony davis with the impression that you're trying to compete now. you give him up because you're trying to start over

16. steddinotayto

We'll just agree to disagree and I'll stop after this post.

justtxyank likes this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm with you.

steddinotayto likes this.
  18. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

That’s what makes him so valuable. He was the steady hand that Rockets had been missing during previous playoff runs. He was the driving force behind winning games against the “greatest team ever assembled”.

No one knows if CP will be healthy throughout the playoffs. We saw what us possible when he is healthy, we also saw how devastating it was when he got hurt. It’s risk vs reward. We knew both his age and his injury history before we traded for him.

I have a serious question. Obviously CP3 and Morey had agreed to his max deal BEFORE the trade was finalized. That was no secret. So what would Clutchfans have suggested an alternative?

Morey could have went back on his word. He could have told CP sorry but your washed now and we won’t pay you, even though you helped us have a historic season. The Rockets already have a hard enough time attracting free agents. How do you all think that would have been received around the league? Sure go ahead and renig on an agreed to deal with the president of the player association. Our front office would have the worst reputation in the nba.

He gave up a 5th year option and actually left money on the table to come here, and he is selfish? Clutchfans wants the Rockets to become a chicken sh*t organization and start lying to players?

The only 2 options for Morey last summer was to either sign CP to the PREVIOUSLY AGREED to deal or to pull a fast one and tell him the deal is no longer available. This if after he turned down a 200+ million dollar contract to stay with the Clippers.

Can anyone please provide a valid alternative?

19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

On the bright side, we wouldn't have had to worry about Melo....

jkjk, Harden would've demanded a trade before the season started. He and CP has the respect for each other, not to mention the lingering effect of Player rep Paul telling everyone who will listen about how the Rockets done him wrong. That would take a decade to undo.

RocketRed84 and BaselineFade like this.
  20. alethios

alethios Member

I'm wondering why, if the Pels as constructed are a playoff-caliber team, would AD want to leave? is it the coaching or FO that's making him leave?