1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rachel Nichols: Any end sight for James Harden's scoring surge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Jan 24, 2019.

1. riko

riko Member

Tmac complaining about iso ball? Lol that’s all JVG ran was iso ball for him?Adelman tried to bring a bit more motion into the offense but reverted back to iso ball to cater for tmac

Richie_Rich likes this.
  2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

And Adelman's Rockets played better WITHOUT T-Mac.

D-rock likes this.
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

fixed it for you.

4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

U telling me lbj in his prime couldnt average 30 + n 7 assist. Bro i know basketball he could. So could Giannis with 4 dead eye shooters around him. He doesnt need a jump shot when he has a 7 3 wing span built like lbj n a drive like russ. He could bro. Now the question would be could he win while doing it too. Maybe. Lvj for sure. People thats no disrespect to james thats 2 of the best athletes in maybe nba history.

5. threepointshot3

Ur a freaking moron if you think a unskilled yanis could have hardens usage and be as productive. Someone as unskilled as him who can’t create a shot to save his life for his teammates to go with his average ball handling would be a walking disaster with that much usage.

You know jack ****. Save us you’re garbage

D-rock, Why not? and bmelo like this.
  6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Not only is T-Mac a quitter. He joined the Spurs to try to get a quick chip. That failed for him!

7. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

The correct question: How high will the salt mountain be that James Harden's scoring surge is building?

bilaal14 likes this.
  8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Tracy never won a playoff series, what do you expect from him. The most inefficient 30 ppg in the history of the NBA.

amaru, Jake Tower and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

One must not forget the many one-toe-inside-the-3-point-line jump shots.

Jake Tower likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

ain’t no way in hell Giannis could average 36 a game with no jumper, stop it...

prime Bron and MJ are the only ones that could average 36 and 8+ assists like Harden is

clutchdabear and Mr. Space City like this.
  11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lmao you do know his assit ratio is just the same as harden right...lmao u a uneducated homer

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re not averaging 36 ppg on nothing but layups/dunks/freethrows as a perimeter guy

Giannis is already surrounded by great shooting

14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Exactly n guess what he has the nba best record. When harden did that he didnt average 35 either thats my point. With cp3 n clint he wont this year. When ur team is good u tend not to have to go super harden

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure what this has to do with anything because Giannis is not averaging 36 no matter what the circumstance is...u are not gonna average 36 with no jumper as a perimeter player, it’s not happening

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If the bar is 30 points...then no.

Harden averaged at least 29 ppg the past 3 seasons, 30 points he does that in his sleep. Like he had a so-so game scoring wise tonight...and the Raps have pretty good defense so understandable.

He's really going to boost his numbers against bad teams like the Knicks. I doubt it slows down with CP3 back, not like CP3 is super aggressive in regular season games and him being out there means no more doubling at half court and doubling off of picks and stuff.

bilaal14 likes this.
  17. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

He had to fake an injury in hopes the Rockets wouldn't get rid of his ass, and they did anyway. The Rockets put him on the block before he had the chance to demand a trade. That's the problem. All those trades led up to Harden being here (somehow) so you'll have to excuse him for being a little salty. Houston doesn't give a damn what he did in Houston now that Harden is the GOAT. That lil 13 points in 35 seconds ain't **** anymore.

D-rock and s3ts like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Too bad James didn't deny her interview request.

You are in the middle of one of the most epic scoring streaks in NBA history. What is that process like every night for you as you go out & put the streak together?

I've seen it all. I've seen it all, especially on the court. I've seen double teams, I've seen triple teams, I've seen zone, literally guys trying to get the ball out of my hands. The scoring streak is obviously amazing but it's just something I had to do because of our situation. We had all the injuries, guys in and out of the lineup. I think the streak just started happening and now it's something to talk about but it's not something I'm really honestly focused on. That's something I have to do in order to give us a chance to win the game.

Even in an answer about you're on this crazy scoring streak, you feel like you have to defend it. Why do you think, with other accomplishments, we don't hear so much criticism. With you, there has been "This isn't the right way to play to win a championship or oh he's selfish or whatever."

I get praised like 22 hours out of the day and then feels like those 2 hours, someone will throw some negative whatever you want to call it and then they're talking about that. I take the good & bad and I just push it away.

You must be hearing it.

Yeah, I hear it. It's hard not hear it, especially nowadays. [Plays clips of Stephen Jackson("I love him as a player but it doesn't look like he's focused on winning."), Kobe("I'm not a fan of it in terms of winning championships. I don't think that style will ever win championships.", Scottie Pippen("I don't think this type of basketball we're watching is playoff basketball.")] I try my best to block it out but it's kinda hard, especially when it's coming from ex-NBA players. Makes it more difficult but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I want to get back to my original question. It's a cool streak. What is like when you keep hearing yourself being compared to Wilt Chamberlain?

First all, we can't compare that. He's on another level. Just being in that same streak & same records, setting those same records or the first person to do it since Wilt, it's like we're getting to something. That's what you work hard for. That's what you play for.

You said you want MVP again. Make your case to me again. Why do you deserve it?

What do you mean? Just look at all what I've we've had to go through. Put any other guy in the situation I've been in, probably wouldn't be here. We got a chance to get a top 3 seed in the West, which we know how difficult that is.

How will you manage your next few months in terms of fatigue & making sure your body is in a place that when you get to those key playoff games, you can be stronger.

This year I've been doing a lot more weight lifting, making sure my legs & body will hold up. I've always lifted but this year, I've more emphasis on it. 10 years in so I gotta make sure my body can last. Will he be tired? I don't think about it.

If you look your stats in playoff series, your best numbers are in game one. Have you looked back at the end of some of those series & thought I can fix that?

Yeah, I have. Some of them have been great. Some of that haven't been. That's where our minds have to keep thinking we have to be great for an entire series. Every possession counts & find ways to be more impactful.

[Apparently more tomorrow on The Jump]

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Tmac is lauging stock of NBA on playoffs.

Why dont ask Tmac to tell us why he is such a big loser in playoffs?

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wtf, why did it sound like James was on the defensive for a stupid ESPN interview?

Those assholes are selling the narrative that "people are taking about".

Sigh...I hope something like Netflix can stream sports one day.

DIE ESPN