1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Pelosi-Trump State of the Union Address Chess Match

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 16, 2019.

1. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

This is true. They've dug pretty deep lines in the sand. Particularly Pelosi.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You know, I think the very same thing when you post your analyses of democrat candidates... :p But hey, if he wants to make himself look even more pathetic while further disgracing the office, I say go for it!

3. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The delusions of the kook right are reaching a fever pitch.

Lar and CometsWin like this.
  4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Not even going to give it the old college try?

6. No Worries

More so, than Trump? Very curious.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we'll see, but it could be another case of "Trump wins at politics" . . . if that narrative doesn't suit your fancy, "Pelosi loses at politics."

Trump excels at staging a spectacle. Pelosi has handed him an opportunity. We'll see.

8. No Worries

I am not sure that all networks will televise what essentially will be a campaign rally, fully of red MAGA hats. MSM is incompetent enough to do this, but one can hope.

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Actually, I think what happened here is that Trump baited Nancy into responding as she did, both creating a situation he can exploit politically, as well as give him the definitive grounds for simply delivering his speech somewhere else. But Trump's letter to Pelosi, that led to this response from her, was a win-win for him. Either he was going to show up at Congress to deliver the SOTU as originally scheduled, or he'd have the cover to deliver it somewhere else.

MojoMan likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

which will fuel the narrative. Trump wins again.

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

My observation that Amy Klobuchar would be the most difficult Democrat for Trump to face is the answer I would offer under the most powerful truth serum that exists. I do not want her to get the nomination. But I do not believe that the Democrats voting in the primary will make her the nominee anyway, so it will very likely not be an issue. So with that reality fully embraced and accepted, my analysis is from an objective observers perspective.

On the other hand, your recommendations appear be intentionally designed to cause Trump harm, if he were to follow them. Which is a very different spirit of counsel than the counsel that I have offered.

12. No Worries

With all of this Trump winning, why is trump's approval rating 36%? Fake New or is it Fake Polls?

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I don't think "approval rating" is as important as it used to be. I don't think Trump cares.

14. No Worries

A narcissist does not care if other people approve of him? Are we talking about the same person?

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

His approval rating is not 36%. That is fake news. Maybe one poll says that.

Also, I am not sure that I approve of "Trump". I like a lot of what he does, but his social behavior makes me cringe sometimes. So, how many people who share my basic perspective are included in that very partisan and misleading 36% number? Put Trump against almost any of the announced Democrat contenders and a huge section of the 64% non-approval in your hand-picked poll will vote for Trump.

Any people on the Democrat left that believe that Trump's - to be more accurate - low 40's poll numbers are indicative of a high 50's support for the Democrat left agenda, they are out of their minds.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL, doing a pep rally as a state of the union is something that will help trump? Seriously.

And, any analysis that focuses on "identity politics" is objective? LOL...

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

"Identity politics" and "Political Correctness" combine to form the central pillar of Democrat left political values just now. If you think the central pillar of Democrat left political values is something else, I am all ears. Please do share what you think it is.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

"Identity politics" have been a part of the central pillars of conservatism right from the start. Same with class warfare. Only in weirdo world is defending yourself from both a no no.

D2FF67BF-DF05-4CF1-87B0-B82248178CB9-2503-000004E66A8B1311.jpeg

#238 CometsWin, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    Rashmon likes this.
  19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

They'll cover it...it's certainly news. They'd look stupid if they didn't. Not to mention likely lose viewers...and have that continue with the post speech analysis.

They all covered his last speech, when many originally said they might not...and this is certainly bigger news.

I think the interesting question is whether it gets more viewership than normal, due to all the controversy. It probably will.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that it will get more viewership than normal. I also believe that because of the sense of hype and drama Trump will not be able to stay on script. Because of that, he will end up making foolish mistakes, misstatements, and lies. So after it is over he will look like more of a fool to everyone but his core base.

I'm just guessing of course. I could always be wrong.