1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/31/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 30, 2018.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand the unwarranted hate on Ennis. Sure he isn't a starter, but he is a good role player. WTF do they want out of a player making $2.1M. be thankful that he was even being productive.

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

How about just not fouling him. Rather than harping on his free throws, appreciate how unguardable this man is that he can get to the line that much. Defenses just have no idea what to do with him. He’s like Deshaun Watson with the mid nineties Cowboy o-line.

hakeem94 and Richie_Rich like this.
  3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Harden was completely gassed, we need Gordon or Paul back on the floor ASAP.

D-rock, Stormy1234, vlaurelio and 2 others like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

Gordon out next game??

6. Game7

Game7 Member

Winning!

7. THEGLIDEc

THEGLIDEc Member

If the season were to end today, I think he'd definitely be in the conversation but wouldn't be the MVP. I think by the season's end, he will be

bmelo and hakeem94 like this.
  8. bongman

bongman Member

When you site one play and label him as needing to be smart.....YOU ARE. If you only focus on the negative and trounce everything great HE DOES due to some mistakes like every human does....YOU ARE.

jcf, BigMaloe, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Happy New Year

[​IMG]

Deuce, GotGame15, Landsdale and 12 others like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're not paying attention..

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. bongman

bongman Member

When you site one play and label him as needing to be smart.....YOU ARE. If you only focus on the negative and trounce everything great HE DOES due to some mistakes like every human does....YOU ARE.
    Coming from a guy that wants harden to be smart......that's rich

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden tied Steph Curry's NBA record by making at least five 3-pointers in seven straight games

14. riko

riko Member

This is the most underrated part of his run. In the last three games I think he has made 22 threes out of 47 attempts which is incredible considering all of them are probaly made off a step back and heavily contested

jcmoon, DreamShook, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Day to day, unfortunately. Tuck needs a lot of help too. The GreenHouse effect and the flowing Rivers continues effortlessly though.
    We are very fortunate to have them.

1 other person likes this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden is averaging 40.8ppg in his last 10 games

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Try playing both clips with sound on simultaneously.

hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Harden talking like he is only focusing on how to get better, on his weaknesses and to win.

"I'm just being aggressive, man," said Harden, who acknowledged that he's "probably" playing the best basketball of his life. "I'm just in attack mode. They tried to shake some things up tonight and run a double team at me and whatnot. I did a poor job. I did a poor job of just not controlling the basketball, basically giving them transition points by turnovers. I have to take care of the ball more but just continue to be aggressive and make plays for my team."

@DreamShook he acknowledged the double team. Wasn't so much traps, but hawking him before picks could even get there.​

Deuce, hakeem94, Patience and 3 others like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@bongman thinks Harden is being too negative. Harden should focus more on his amazing 40pt triple double not getting better.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Gassed or not, one area Harden HAS to improve on is his late game decision making. He has played worse against better opponents with more rest late in games, and if he is going to demand the ball be in his hands when the game is in the balance, he has to do a better job of avoiding turnovers. I can live with missed shots, even bad shots. But lazy passes, throwing the ball out of bounds, losing your dribble, offensive fouls, etc. are unexcusable when the game hangs in the balance. We would not have beaten OKC without Austin Rivers, and tonight could easily have been a collapse without Gerald Green's late game three when they were mounting a comeback. Will need Harden in optimal form on Thursday and in the playoffs this season to get anywhere.

BasketMAD and DreamShook like this.