1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 injury - what to do?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Dec 21, 2018.

?

CP3 replacement

1. Jeremy Lin

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. Austin Rivers

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Give up valuable assets for Terry Rozier

17 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Looks like he'll be out for quite a bit.

What should the Rockets do? Try to acquire Lin, Rivers...something minor and try to ride it out or give up the farm for Rozier...bigger piece?

RocketTheory likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pray to the Small ball gods.

This season is cursed somehow.

[​IMG]

#3 daywalker02, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I made this joke yesterday to a chorus of boos.

Now I need a chorus of booze.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Brandon Knight and MCW.

DD

snowconeman22 and seemoreroyals like this.
  6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Is it just me, or does knight seem like his strength is still really lacking. I get he's been down for a long time, but still. I think if Knight could get some of his shooting touch back we might have a real shot of weathering the storm, but I would hope DM would be a bit more proactive than the wait and see approach with knight.

napalm06 likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well they have seen him in practice for months....so hopefully they got a good grip on it.

DD

napalm06 likes this.
  8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Start building up assets to trade Chris Paul

9. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Start Harden at PG and Gordon at SG.
    Try to trade Chriss/Melo/filler/picks for a SF upgrade (which you needed before Paul went down and still need).
    Keep Knight as a backup PG (you're not getting anything worthwhile for him unless you add multiple picks until he shows he can play).

One idea:
    Offer Melo/Chriss to Clippers for Moute (If he's healthy he knows the system and can start at SF right away)...

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Knight is playing like the first day you return to work after a bad flu.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Technically, you'd have to give up assets to get Lin as well. You'd have to match his $12.5M salary.

I think Knight is our best bet, but it's going to take another 5-10 games before he starts to feel solid out there again. Until 5 games ago, the dude hadn't played NBA ball since May of 2017 -- that's 18 months of rust he's got to knock off. SMMFH at CFers who say he sucks after seeing his rusty version for less than 40 minutes so far.

12. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Unfortunately that is probably our best option for now. Hoping one of them will step up and play with some confidence and take advantage of their opportunity.

13. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Start to think about tanking.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

There's not a single player available that can give us what Chirs Paul does...giving up the farm for a Rozier kind of player would only put us in a worse positon going forward, we have few decent/good asset, if we burn them for rentals and/or mediocre/wrong players, we're just doing one more step towards the pit for the hope of winning few more games.

We should just find a decent guy able to stay on the floor and handle the ball a bit, someone like Knight in fact, but i'm not sure if/when he's going to deliver at this point...otherwise, there's really nothing else to do, Chris Paul is old and injury prone, we knew this was likely coming and we decided to take this path so, just deal with it and hope it'll get better when it matters.

15. hakeemthagreat

For a smart guy, Morey sure had a dumb offseason. I get you gambled on letting Ariza & Luc walk. But you resign CP to 160 million without giving him a adequate back up option. MDA has no worries about saving anybody's legs, so you knew his minutes would be high. So why sign MCW? You needed a back up that could not only spot minutes but start in stretches if Paul get injured. That move was SO STUPID. Instead of address the problem early, you cut Melo outta spite, rather than MCW who isn't even playing now. Now you have Harden playing through concussions because there's nobody else that can run the offense

BasketMAD likes this.
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

trade harden. we owe it to him. whether thru fault or just bad luck, the franchise has failed to surround him with a supporting cast to win a title. and there's basically zero chance now of being able to do so with our cap situation the next few years. let him try to win one somewhere else and let us start over through the draft.

BasketMAD, fattz and hakeem94 like this.
  17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Do nothing and stand pat.
    Morey can’t get Harden any real help this season anyway.
    We’re just going to have to ride the MVP and see what happens.

Trackwell and RocketTheory like this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I know you were probably joking , but unless we make a trade immediately this is the right solution.

MCW looked decent in the preseason and even Corey brewer got hot here for a bit .

BK might be able to knock off rust

Either way you need to see exactly what you have in them right now

napalm06 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Sanity2disChaos

This makes the most sense. Harden is AGAIN our PG.

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

MCW, tank commander.