1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Should the Rockets trade for Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 21, 2018.

?

Should the Rockets trade for Jeremy Lin?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    54.0%
  2. No

46 vote(s)
    46.0%
  1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

It was reported last week that the Hawks were willing to take Brandon Knight and a 1st for Jeremy Lin. With CP3 potentially out for the next few months, should the Rockets inquire about Lin again?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dayum, Jeremy is already 30, time flies.......

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yes and no

Jump Ship likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

But they didn't want and were not getting Jeremy Lin. They wanted Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Jeremy Lin was going to Phoenix.

"One of the other variations of an Ariza deal that was discussed before the Suns sent him to the Wizards featured the Rockets and Hawks, league sources tell O’Connor. In that scenario, Ariza would have gone to the Lakers and the Rockets would have acquired Caldwell-Pope. The Suns would have received Jeremy Lin and an additional asset, while the Hawks got Brandon Knight and a first-round pick."
    Anyways, nah.

topfive, tinman and Vivi like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Why trade for someone who's going to get bought out anyway? Yeah, not happening.

topfive likes this.
  6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I would not give up a 1st for Lin, I'd rather just play Knight and hope that he can regain some of his former form.

8. mightybosstone

Honestly, if Paul is really going to be out for two months, and they need another playmaker until he gets back, I'm not opposed to this. If they're looking to get Knight off the books and are offering a 1st rounder for him, they might as well get a contributing player in the process. And Lin has experience playing with both D'Antoni and Harden.

I'm not a massive Lin fan, personally, but it's not like competent NBA playmakers grow on trees. If they did, the Rockets wouldn't be 0-5 without CP3 this season.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. hakeemthagreat

So we have a Jeremy Lin obsession after almost 5 years, and this after he single handedly destroyed a whole playoff series. But player X, who's better than Lin, gets 10 games and the board wants nothing to do with him. Player bias?

Jeremy Lin SUCKS & ppl somehow still would welcome this injury prone scrub back with open arms

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

But the situation has changed drastically. I am sure the Rockets are very interested in getting Lin now.

11. tc0330

tc0330 Member

ill trade a washing machine for him only.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I am sure they're not.

clutchdabear and topfive like this.
  13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

As much as his fans are annoying, yes it would theoretically be a good fit with history with both the system and playing next to Harden. Also provides solid flexibility.

Not worth giving up a 1st tho. Hes been playing pretty decent in his role. And ultimately if we could nab another rotation piece in the deal I would trade a 1st. But its gotta be Lin+rotation player.

Houston gets Lin, markieff

Atlanta gets Knight, chriss, hou1st

Washington gets Dedmon

Washington swaps Markieff for dedmon who fills a much needed void and rounds out there starting 5.

Atlanta trades 2 expiring players for a 1st rd pick while taking on 1 extra year of salary.

Houston gets another facilitator and bench scorer 6th man type, one who was amazing under MDA (fluke or not), which allows Gordon to be a starter and not so heavily relied upon. Also gets a backup semi stretch 4 and 5 who plays good defense.

It's not the prettiest but it adds flexibility and makes our depth much better addressing 2 areas of concern.

noppeper likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who reported it?
    Can you post a real link to a reputable news organization about this supposed trade?

if not it is a fake ass rumor

topfive likes this.
  15. verysimplejason

As I'm saying, Harden needs a Jordan, not another Pippen...

16. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

I agree, yes the Rockets should trade for Jeremy Lin, but no they shouldn’t.

Tfor3 likes this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

maybe... yer essentially giving up the first to change Knights 2 yr deal into Lins expiring deal... if yer in cost cutting mode... and Lin could help us through the CP3 injury - his per is at 17

18. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

no. majority of the fans here does not deserve him.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think Lin could help the Rockets since he's got chemistry with MDA and Harden already, hits the 3 at a respectable rate, and could be CP3 insurance in the playoffs. Obviously he can't make up for the loss of CP3, but he'd be a better PG option than anything we currently have. Also, he'd be a pretty good bench player when CP3 is healthy. If they'd really take a Knight for Lin swap, you do it in a heartbeat.....but I don't believe they'd be interested in that deal at all and he's not worth giving up a first round pick.

Rocket River likes this.
  20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

MDA + Lin > MDA + Melo

Rocket River likes this.