1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Dead Redemption sequel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FranchiseBlade, Aug 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No, and it was a bit immersion ruining. When the stupid mofo shot up an entire town for no reason, I wanted desperately to put his ass down then and there. It only got increasingly worse. I think it was lazy writing by Rockstar to make him such a clearly black character in a game with so much grey.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Have to tell y'all: This thread is surprisingly entertaining for someone who does not play video games.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I finished the main storyline this weekend.

I played as honorably as I could and, consequently, got the great ending where Arthur dies on the mountain overlooking the sunrise. It was a beautiful ending and the final sequence had so many well-done moments (Arthur's last conversation with Abigail, thanking his horse as it lay dying, etc.). I found myself dragging out the end of the game so that I could spend more time with Arthur.

I've watched the other alternate endings and they made me glad that I played honorably. Getting stabbed by in the back by Micah if you back for the money, or getting shot in the face if you are dishonorable and go back for John, are fitting but underwhelming endings.

It's fun to play as John again in the epilogue and see how he built Beecher's Hope. I'm not done with it yet, but I am ready for both an eventual showdown with Micah (against Abby's annoying wishes) and, sadly, Charles' and Sadie's deaths. I only expect the latter since Charles and Sadie are not in the original RDR and it doesn't seem like Rockstar is leaving any loose threads in the game so far.

When I play the game again, I'll probably stop in chapter 3 so that the gang is still together and things are good. As fun as it is playing as John, I prefer Arthur as a character.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

South Parks turnaround on current events is amazing.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. PhiSlammaJamma

I must have spent 2 hours looking for that damn Beaver, and I finally shoot him as he's floating down river, he drowns in deep water and now I don't have the pelt. Bugger.

Overall entertaining and plenty of random discovery. The graphics are great. Fun dialogue. No detail left behind.

My only diss so far is that the legendary beast seem to disappear for long periods and it can be pain in the ass to find them. And having your horse try and aim for a tree for no apparent reason. And feeling the need to get your pelt to a trapper on the other side of the map. All minor problems.

Basically done with the big bank heist at this point. So about half way I reckon.

A : Think they amplified everything they were already doing quite well to begin with. I mean massively amplified. But no + given because have not yet at least seen anything that was earth shattering or groundbreaking. It has been breathtaking though. And possibly best game ever for open world.

#288 PhiSlammaJamma, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This level of detail is groundbreaking to me.

Conversations constantly feel original, routinely changing depending on prior events. Graphical details like blood on his shoulders after lifting animals, lighting effects depending on time of day or when exiting dark locations. The enjoyment of game play can be up for debate, but the level of detail for a game this big is on another level from anything I've ever seen. It makes other games, other great and beautiful games, seem downright lazy by comparison.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I just ordered an Xbox One X with this game for $349. Is this as good as BOTW? From what I've read it seems like people think it's about 1000x better, but damn, I still love and play BOTW all the time.

11. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Jesus Christ this game is so ****ing good....

dachuda86 likes this.
  12. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Where did you get that deal from, if you don't mind me asking.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Nippystix likes this.
  14. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm gonna wait a while until I try online. It's still in beta right?

GTA was a mess when it launched. Let it cool down and get the kinks out. A bad taste on your first outing can leave a big impression.

I am hyped about online though.

dachuda86 likes this.
  17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The beta just started yesterday.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

So, thats what that 5gb update was. I went to go try online play and it just told me coming soon.

Update: So I finally found that damn white arabian horse and tried to tame it but it kept bucking me off. I tracked it for what seemed like at least 10 miles to continuously get bucked off after wrangling it. I finally said screw it after I lost him in some woods after it crossed the creek. I was pissed. I later bought a thoroughbred thats 10x better probably and rode back up there to see if I could find it again. I did. I then pulled out my springfield rifle and shot the mother****er right between the eyes and thanked it for wasting so much of my gawdamn time. Then rode off on a real thoroughbred. It was liberating.

mrm32 likes this.
  19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Arabians are the best horses in the game. You can buy a Black Arabian in St. Denis in chapter 4, it's better than the White one.

I've seen lot of people had trouble with the White Arabian, but I got it first try really easily. You were probably pressing the wrong direction when you were riding to break her.

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

anyone else get caught up trying to keep there from being witnesses to a murder... a guy on the road outside St.Dennis gave me lip and got a bullet. while I was trying to dispose of the body a witness rode by... another bullet and body, then 2 more, then 2 more, next thing you know i've killed like 20 people and just left a pile of bodies by the road and went to pay off the the bounty.