1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 1/23/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2004.

1. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

I think it's good coaching. WHen the game is on the line, you want your best defender to shut down Oneal and win the game!!! I don't think Oneal can do much against Yao.

2. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

not really. we were up by 3 with 1.0 secs left

3. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Yes, two blowout victories against the scrubs of the East and then it's home against the Sac Queens. :D

BTW, Memphis just knocked out the Queens. I don't feel so bad about our loss in Memphis any more.

4. SHANGHAi

SHANGHAi Member

Oh my god... the last 2 minutes were a TORTURE to watch, the only comic relief I had was when Calvin Murphy guaranteed a missed free throw by O'Neal and surrealisticly, IT HAPPENED! Wow, Calvin the fairy god mother... thank you :D :D

5. riskmetrics

riskmetrics Member

Happy Chinese New Year! ...Invincible in Monkey(YAO) year so far :) Go Rockets !

6. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

As someone who's watched Reggie Miller play for years, I can say that spoons freethrow DID seal the game for us. He doesn't hit that and there's still a very good possibility that reggie hits a three and ties the game. A lead of 3 or less with ANY time left on the clock and miller on the floor, is not a comfortable lead.

7. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Nice prediction!

8. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

It appears that the BBS and I are catching our breath at the same time.

What a game. I don't even have the energy to criticize our players who stuggled......hope the feeling is universal.

We're one and one this week for games that have a playoff feel to them.

9. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Yao wasn't hitting his jumpers tonight so he passed out quite a few chances later. He needs to learn even his shots don't fall, he should still take shots when approriate. 50% is bad shooting to him, but still good enough by NBA standard.

10. jelanit

jelanit Contributing Member

helluva win even though we got nothing from Mo when we needed it. these "grind it out" games are good because thats how playoff ball is played. good stuff.

oh yeah, you gotta love Yao dropping the F-bombs when he fouled out. he's truly maturing! :p

11. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

This game just made my day:D

12. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

If only Yao could think more like Mobley when his shots aren't falling. :(

13. haven

haven Member

Good win, complete with 3 or 4 heart attack moments.

Jim Jackson quietly had an excellent game. Too bad Mo couldn't build on his recent play.

Steve played well mostly, though did have brain freeze in the early 4th quarter. He's playing the best defense of his career, now, though...

14. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

It was a beautiful thing to watch when Miller got called for that offensive foul. He just ran around wildly, trying to run into the nearest rocket to get a foul. He actually grabbed Cat's arm and started flailing around in an effort to make it look like cat had grabbed him. In about, what, 17 years in the league and the refs have finally caught on to his antics. Good riddance Reggie.

15. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

awww great..now we gonna lose to teams like the magic and heat......THESE two upcomming games is the REAL TEST...it's a test to see if we're really an improved team or not....i'm hope i'm so wrong....

16. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Actually, I have seen much worse officiating games before. You are either lucky, or don't watch enough games.

I agree with you totally. You may add the Pacers Cheerleaders as well. Boy, aren't they ugly?

--daoshi

17. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

Dont bank on it cause we usually lose to crappy ass teams.

Nice win for the rocks though. What an exciting game, especially the last 6-7 minutes. My eyes were glued open to the TV the entire 4th QT.

18. droxford

droxford Member

Yeah, I've seen worse. but I've seen a lot better, too. Gene Peterson (radio) pointed out that there were almost three times as many fouls called against the Rockets as there were against the Pacers. That's pretty bad.

-- droxford

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A gritty and well deserved win. We didn't collapse down the stretch even after The Pacers tied it up late in the 4th quarter.
    Yao is playing with more confidence now and that is making a big difference.
    I hope we won't play down against the Magic and the Heat. Every game is a battle and we must win them both.

20. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

Yeah I agree. Yao needs to stop going for the pump fakes though. Once Yao learns how to defend under the basket he'll be a force to to reckon with. He'll be a great defender with experience to come. Imagine how good the rockets are gonna be once Francis and Yao establish some kind of chemistry. Provided that Francis doesnt get traded.

I'm looking forward to these next 13-15 years..woohh exciting..