1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Celtics approached the Rockets on interest in Gordon Hayward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sure, take that chance. Kobe's Sneaky Athletic brother can help.

[​IMG]

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

The last time I saw Hayward his foot was on backwards. He may never be the same.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We will offer you MCW and and Zhou Cheese

ryano2009 likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

meh...he had a major injury, and I’m not sure he’ll ever be the same

I remember reading just a few weeks ago that he was still experiencing pain at times

While the Celtics' medical team has cleared Hayward to return to the floor this season -- and has managed to play quite well during the early portion of the 2018-19 campaign -- Boston's star was quick to admit that he's still fighting through some issues with his surgically repaired ankle during a recent session with the media.

Hayward has been told that this lingering soreness is just something that he will be forced to deal with as his career moves forward in Boston.

Ainge is always looking to fleece. I bet he knows that Gordon will never truly get back to what he once was and is trying to sell us damaged goods.

HP3, DonKnock, Yung-T and 9 others like this.
  5. PWR

PWR Member

No thanks. Don't give up picks for their scraps. Lets role with what we got. Maybe find a cheap way to add Korver or another 40% three point shooter.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Not good enough to break the bank for ...and that is the only way Ainge will trade him to us.

Stay away.

BTW, if Ainge is offering him for trade, thats a huge red flag to begin with. Something aint right with the white Kobe.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nooooo don't do itttttt.
    EG: Injury prone, CP3: Injury prone. The last thing we need is another hurt player so they can somehow die during the playoffs because Draymond elbowed them.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ugh...didn't read/heard about this, if there's that sort of problem we better stay away of course, i love Hayward but yeah, seems like too big of a risk.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sure, he will recover, and is worth it.

DD

10. basketballholic

For four picks?????????

Nope.

And wouldn't give up 4 picks for Winslow either. So don't say that. Miami is the team that needs to dump salary. I'd give up a pick and take back salary to get Winslow. I'd do the same for Jaylen. But Celtics don't need to drop salary. Understand?

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

This settles it. Run away Morey! ;)

King1, Drogba, topfive and 1 other person like this.
  12. daytripper

daytripper Member

Morey should tread lightly here..
    Brad Stevens and Hayward are like family. I smell a rat if they're seriously considering dealing him at this point.

13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

This really seems like a deal for the Mavs partly for this reason. They have been trying to find a white guy superstar to replace Dirk for years, they thought Parsons was it, and as I thought Luka is that guy, but one more would sell a ton of merchandise for the Mavs. This would be an easy sell to their uptown casual fanbase. They definitely have the contracts to send.

DreamShook and amaru like this.
  14. Mr. Space City

Celtics are finessers.

Don’t get finessed morey.

Remember IT

amaru likes this.
  15. basketballholic

Cp3 isn't irritated with the Rockets. He's frustrated with Melo. They're close. Melo sprung this out of nowhere. This whole thing is being driven by Melo wanting out.

CP3 spent a lot of time with Melo this summer. And has spent a lot of time with Melo during previous summers. They've wanted to play together for a long time. Melo is having a crisis. He's dealing with his humanity, with the fading of his career into the limelight. That combined with his personal situation with the family has bore down on him. He's confused. And he's trying to find a situation he can be the star of again. And he wants home.

Melo is a different cat. I hope he takes some time and really evaluates what he should do for the balance of this season.. He's got a great chance to be part of something special here....if he'll accept the role.

Harden could help the situation. And MDA could help the situation by giving a little bit. Will they? Will he? Dunno.

But I know this. We need his scoring to beat the Warriors. And he needs us to get to the Finals and have a meaningful role.

16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Danny Ainge is a big time Swindler, Thief, Ripoff.
    Danny wants to rob the Rockets of those 4 picks. Daryl needs to move on, Rockets need to go after Anthony Davis or even Kristaps Porzingis, Someone of that caliber.
    Rockets need a low post threat and Small Forwards that are 2 way like Kawhi, Jimmy.

17. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I’m pretty sure this would require Gordon or PJ for salary matching alone. For that reason I say no. I want to know someone is 100% healthy and a true game changer before offering PJ or EG.

18. amaru

amaru Member

I just read where Hayward had a second surgery on that left ankle due to “complications”.

Yea Ainge is trying to dump his damaged player on us. Morey and Tillman are too smart for that.

Still it’s awesome that we have @cybrex to provide this kind of information

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. pli777

pli777 Member

Insightful, thanks

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

A jimmy or Kawhi. That should be easy to find

BaselineFade likes this.