1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Miami should just go accept and give Minny what they want. They've been stockpiling assets in the post-Bron era to make a move like this, why hesitate now?

travfrancis likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, those are the exact 2 players Wolfson said there’s been no sense that Mia is willing to make available in his podcast

let me not get my hopes up

saleem and DonKnock like this.
  3. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

If they wait for a deal that meets their requirements then they’ll lose him in July for nothing.

4. BackdoorHarden

Rockets still in Butler's sweepstakes!!!

matchesmalone and DonKnock like this.
  5. basketballholic

Unbelievable.............:cool:

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. bongman

bongman Member

We don't need to. We can just #runitback. That is our leverage.

coachbadlee and Dacamel like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

3? I'll have to disagree there. Philly are gonna be younger and better. They already handled Miami last year, Jimmy Butler is gonna make a difference but idk if that will be enough. Not to mention Indiana and Milwaukee.

tazafar and clutchdabear like this.
  8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i think philly will actually get the 1 seed in the east this year. People are about to find out why Fultz was the no. 1 pick. Simmons is a straight bully and embiid is the best all around big in the league. i also feel boston will struggle early on. they have a case of too much talent with too much youth. its hard for young guys to take a back seat when they feel they have put in the work and are ready for a bigger role. it is going to take a ton of sacrifice for this to work out right but they will get there. MIL looks damn good under coach bud so far also.

pippendagimp likes this.
  9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

My bold prediction is the T-Wolves straight up fires Thibs or forces a deal without Thibs' approval (which may lead to his resignation). They will get less than what they want, but a deal would be made regardless.

I think under those circumstances the Rockets may throw in an extra piece to sweeten the deal a bit as a trade in good faith post-Thibs. If the Wolves decide to let Thibs make the decisions, then Miami will likely remain the front runner since they are not a conference rival and they have young pieces with potential available for trade. However, "front runner" in this case wouldn't mean much because I doubt Pat Riley is crazy enough to pull a Brooklyn Nets and commit the next 5-6 years of the Heat to a core where the best player (Butler) is at best a top 10 player in the league.

Either way, from a future perspective, I just don't see why the Heat would ever commit the future of their team to Butler who will be 30. It just makes too little sense to put so much faith in a player who is a 2nd fiddle in practically every championship caliber/future championship caliber team.

#4369 flamingdts, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Game7

Game7 Member

Thank you!

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Of course the rockets don't look at it as a rental but that doesn't mean JB will sign the extension.

Bobsputin likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Man...nothing better than waking up in the morning and reading an update by cyberx...

Kelly's post also confirms all the things ch and Cod reported days ago, PJ not being offered etc.

Ch said he thinks the offer we have/had out there was still solid...i guess it's something like Gordon, Nene, Hartenstein/Zhou, 1st rounder, 2nd rounder...and if that's right yeah, i think it's a very good offer all things considered.

Seems like SacTown is not going to eat Dieng's contract though, which isn't exactly shocking.

#4372 Vivi, Oct 4, 2018
    BigMaloe and Bobsputin like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Anybody can tell me what is/was this tweet? Not loading for me :(

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think because if they trade the only two decent assets they have, they won't be able to get another star going forward, and even with Butler on that roster, they won't make much noise, they'll get their ass kicked by Boston, Toronto or Philly in the 2nd round anyway.

Butler is also 29, played a ton of minutes in his career and he's looking for a max that will cost around 35/40M for 5 years, that's not something to underestimate. Miami won't have cap space in two years, but after that they should be able to be players in free agency again with super cheap contracts on the roster like Richardson, Bam, maybe Winslow, and who knows who they would eventually draft/get going forward...i mean, i still think Riley doesn't like this scenario and wants Butler badly, but i guess even for him Butler is not exactly Durant or Kawhi.

#4374 Vivi, Oct 4, 2018
    lionaire and Little Bit like this.
  15. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I agree with what your saying.

One reason to pull in Butler now to get a star. Like how we got Harden. In today's free agency, it takes a start to get a star. Granted in the Harden trade, he was much younger than Butler is now. Butler might be the bait to get the next younger start. No idea who that is.

16. Mastro

Mastro Member

The longer this takes to play out the more creative we can get with our trades. If it lasts another month then Chriss and Knight are in play also.

So sounds good to me...

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

So Butler, a guy that's talked about wanting to win his entire career and is from metropolitan Houston, would pass up $40M more in guaranteed money and playing for the league's 1st or 2nd best team... 30 miles from his home... to play somewhere like Brooklyn? I'll believe it when I see it.

18. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Lol you sound like you know Jimmy personally. You're a media guy so you know that anything a pro sports athlete says should be taken with a grain of salt. And no I don't think he would go to BKN if we traded for him but that isn't the only team in the NBA and Houston isn't the only team with potential to win a title. Good podcasts tho

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The thing is that a team that has cap room won't be any good, and he would make less money by leaving because he couldn't get the full contract. Butler isn't Durant or Lebron, who's going to get max money until they are old and grey. This will be his last big contract before he's like Melo who's signing for the minimum.

heypartner likes this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

Yeah, bud keep trying to make yourself part of that media circle... on a message board... with fake news.

Can @KellyUnchained or @cyberx or @Codman or @ch44 finally shut this clown up!?

luckyman76 and DonKnock like this.