1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Euros losing their culture because of immigrants?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2018.

?

Is Europe losing its culture due to immigration?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Yes. Culture evolves.

DaDakota likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

indeed culture evolves

times were, English food was, for the most part, boring and bland. now, in London, the best food these are the spicy Indian food, some say even more delicious than those in India.

based on my personal experience, in London, the best food are in this order
    1. Indian food
    2. Chinese food
    3. McDonald's
    4. others

and the worst food i had in London was Yorkshire Pudding, (large biscuit, the circumference of a pancake w nasty tasting gravy)

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Culture does evplve. We know Trump uses h hi xenophobia.

So here is a more interesting question. Has the internet changed the nature of culture grom being regional to global

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's hard to find honest and unbiased sources of information when it comes to the European immigration situation. Its completely understandable that admitting large amounts of purely economic migrants who refuse to assimilate (and a host country not adept at assimilation) would cause significant problems. Whether that is actually happening or not (and to what degree) is the question.

malakas and R0ckets03 like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Mr. trump is busy destroying our culture. That's the culture I'm worried about.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Most countries populations and especially young people are assimilated to Western culture before they ever step foot in the West. Look at Kim Jong Un as a primary example. The guy represents the most repressive country in the world but is enthralled by it at the same time. His bestie is a guy who dated Madonna, cross dresses, was in the WWE, and played ball with Jordan.

Let’s just call this what it is... We know exactly what Trump is saying here and what he’s been saying for years now.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Our culture? Whose culture would that be?

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Black people lol

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Probably. I ordered a slice of pizza the other day at one of my fave joints and they brought me a quesadilla instead. I was like, wut? That's when I started to agree with Trump.

#11 CometsWin, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LMAO!

13. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Why is it only white countries that need "cultural enrichment" and bear the burden of accepting migrants en masse? There are several wealthy Arab countries that could be accepting migrants.

Likewise, let's get Japan, South Korea, and China to open themselves up to mass migration. How ridiculous would it be for Bejing, Seoul, or Tokyo to become a majority-Muslim city like London has?

That will never happen though because those countries are not going to willingly give away their country or culture like Western Europe.

You bring in mass amounts of migrants from shitholes, you become a shithole.

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Found the racist

marky :) and JayGoogle like this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, Immigrants are really changing the culture in a negative way.

In my last trip to Amsterdam, I witnessed an immigrants serving the Dutch food that was clearly not dutch. They are giving food from other places. In this instance, I spoke to the immigrant who was serving this non-Dutch food. He said he was from Africa! And was there working to save up some money for school. Then he asked me if I wanted anything to drink with my Big Mac.

HakeemOnlyFan and iconoclastic like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

He actually believes London has a majority Muslim population.

17. Nook

Nook Member

I spend a lot of time in Europe (I live there up to half the year). There is no question that immigration has had an effect on changing traditional culture in a lot of parts of Europe. There is also no doubt that there have been some issues with immigrants not following European social rules and breaking laws. It isn’t really debatable.

Does that mean immigration shouldn’t occur there? I don’t think it is all that unique. Immigrants in large numbers throughout history have caused cultural evolutions in Europe and the US. Right now (just like in the past) there are growing pains and many Europeans are not happy about it.

Europe will be fine, just disingenuous when people claim there are no problems with immigration in Europe simply because it doesn’t fit their narrative.

I would point out immigrants in places like England and Ireland are not always the groups we think. For example a lot of Irish are not happy with Poles moving into their country, but you won’t hear that on television.

#17 Nook, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    malakas, Buck Turgidson and apollo33 like this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This commentator agrees that immigrants like Trump are ruining Britain's culture:

19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

TDS alert! TDS alert!

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I don't think this idiot knows that "white" isn't a culture. Japanese people (Japan) has a culture. Chinese people (Chinese) are a culture. Swedish people (Sweden) are a culture.

America has no "white" culture, it would be made up of English, Irish, Italians, Dutch etc. Each of those are distinct cultures. So you're saying it's okay for Irish culture to be degraded by introducing Italian people into the mix, but not okay for the combined Irish/Italian culture to be degraded by introducing nonwhite cultures into the mix.

What a racist attitude.

Also I don't know why other countries not accepting migrants matter. You live in your house and can control who you decide to let in, you can't control who your neighbors decide to let in.

The reason a lot of Americans are open to immigration is because they or their ancestors were once immigrants, seeking a better lives for themselves and their family. I cannot say the same for those Asian countries. That probably explains their insular attitude.

I could go even a step further and argue that the most binding "culture" that all Americans share (white and nonwhite) is that they both immigrated here for a better life. Only difference being that those white immigrants came here 50-100 years ago while the nonwhite immigrants came here 0-50 years ago.

#20 TheRealist137, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018