1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James opts out of contract, will become unrestricted free agent.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jun 29, 2018.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lol nice of the media to forget Paul Millsap

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Jokic/Murray/Barton trio...smdh...

Sources: "Indiana aggressive in trying to pursue and convince Lebron James that a trio of Oladipo/Turner/Young can win the championship in one year with him"

Jontro likes this.
  3. riko

riko Member

I’m sure Lebron can afford a better automobile then that

Jontro likes this.
  4. Zo Gi

Zo Gi Member

I totally think that is possible

5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

You guys are just hurting yourselves at this point.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

he's definitely not doing the cheap thing. not with his peers banking big. i just don't think championship is his top priority, no matter what he says. he knows he's not catching Jordan's 6.

JVL713 likes this.
  7. radiohunk

radiohunk Member

Then we don’t want him. If he’s in it for the money and LA life, go get it. If he wants his legacy to grow, sign here cheap.

Agree that we don’t hold our breath on this option, but I think it could happen if there isn’t an ideal place to win now that is willing to pay him big.

8. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

It's possible but fairly improbable for it to happen.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

we're all hoping he would come, but I'm not expecting it and focused on mauri finding smaller deals to improve the team post ariza.

that way when lerbon surprises the universe to sign for the bucks, i will be very much prepared.

10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

IF he wanted to be here he wouldn’t sign for cheap. He’d go back to CLE to facilitate a S&T and we’d have to shed Ryno, Gordon and lose Capela. He would put the burden on the GM to make it happen so he gets his money too. But there are no indications that he wants to be here. If he were looking to be here and keep the roster a little more in tact he would have opted in and gotten paid at the same time.

Eric Riley likes this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

"if he's not going to come for cheap to continuing improving on his legacy then I don't want him " lol

Champions are never guaranteed

Max contracts in the NBA are.

Stormy1234 and justtxyank like this.
  12. Remix

Remix Member

Yep. LeBron has been the top dawg in the east for the last decade beating up on 30 win teams in the regular season, but if he comes to the West and specifically the Lakers he's going to have a NBA equivalent of East to West culture shock. All for that "LA Lifestyle" though right...

13. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

With Ariza now gone and Capela possibly taking a smaller contract. Can we trade for Lebron with the remaining pieces?

14. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

After given it some thoughts, I am now wondering if Lebron is truly going to be joining the Lakers.

PG is going back to OKC, I am sure Lebron knew this as he already told OKC front office before the deadline on 7-1. So Lebron has to known as well.

Spurs isn't going to trade Kawhi to Lakers now knowing teams can use PG as an example to trade Kawhi for a year and tried to retain him for long term.

Lakers are now trying to get cousins who is coming back on an injury that no other players has ever come back 100%, possible career ending injury.

Now why would Lebron still sign with LA? I still think he is chasing those rings and why wouldn't he.

If winning isn't on his mind then why playing so hard last season?

Can Morey pull off a Ryno salary dump and get CC to sign a reasonable contract?

I still think there is a possibility for us to sign Lebron like 30% chance with Rockets has the highest chance to detrone the warriors.

Lastly, is it me or rockets has been moving thing rather at a faster pace? I mean news about signing CP3, green, Ariza and CC. It seems like we are in a hurry.

#334 Toffeeone, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Da Man likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No one wants Ryno. EG maybe, but I doubt if it's for cap room plus a second rounder.

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

James Harden and Chris Paul. . . Only 1 shot at a title next year. If he wants it something can be arranged and he could still make around $20+ mil with a sign and trade.

17. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I am thinking Lebron opting out of Cavs maybe his way to say screw you Cavs and Dan Gilbert for trading away Irving and won't resign GM without his consent.

LeBron could sign with any team for one year on not a max deal. He is wealthy enough to do it. Maybe Lebron refused to take any paycuts was due to his relationship with the Cavs owner. He did take cuts with Heats.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Give it up. LeDiva didn't want to be here. Rockets were not in the running.

REEKO_HTOWN, justtxyank and slothy420 like this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What I get when I click that twitter link -

Did someone pull the plug on it ??

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Philly is the clear choice here in regards to potential success + $$$.

LeBron has given up on ever winning again if he goes to LAL.

And obviously he's not gonna take a massive paycut.