1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/26/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 25, 2018.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The refs were a joke in the second half. Ridiculous.

2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I am tired of watching Green,Curry and others grab jerseys on a fast break and PNR's...BLANTANTLY, a blind man could see and nothing called...bumping Jimmy and EGO going to the basket and nothing and then phantom calls for the Warriors. If they beat us, they beat us but we shouldn't have to play 5 on 8 every game. CP3 should have slapped shat out of that ref over there...don't look like he's playing anyhow...or Chianuku or whatever his name his...he's Vipers material anyway.

Rocket River, adw, bro2044 and 2 others like this.
  3. SORF

SORF Member

No, because it comes back to bite you in the behind. Back in the last championship drives, our team and the First Lady of Houston Elise Lanier publicly criticized the referring and the Refs swallowed their whistles for a couple of years. It's best to complain about the referring behind the scenes with the NBA...trust me Morey will be handling it as we speak.

hakeem94 and Tfor3 like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No I don't. I know these guys can't do what Harden does. That's why MDA will have to sacrifice something to get Harden rest. Maybe the sacrifice it the lead or watching eye-searing bad basketball, but Harden will be rested and he can pull the Rockets through on fresh legs.

Tfor3 and HP3 like this.
  5. Karolik

Karolik Member

Harden ain't **** without CP3.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I like how he played that.

If you can read between the lines (or between the giggles) he said the officiating was fuking BS and the league, including Adam Silver, should be fukn embarrassed by that BS. Lastly, I thought the refs had vision benefits thrown in w/Medical/Dental- but I guess not.

Scottay, adw, jcf and 4 others like this.
  7. SORF

SORF Member

It's true...I watch the boxscores along with the game. I did not get back from a company function until the last quarter.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

there's nothing morey can handle on this. the league is heavily invested in GS for ratings and merchandise sales. harden is dark with an osama beard which can't compare with GS golden skin boys. morey playing nice and assertive behind the scenes is not going to convince silver to forego his cash cow. and the other 28 owners in the background won't agree to it either. in the end it's all about bucks and fertitta is just there at their pleasure to keep his mouth shut and be happy with his cut of the $

AuburnRocket likes this.
  9. AuburnRocket

You mean you think it is possible to screw us more than tonight ? If it's a ballgame, the refs are NOT ALLOWING us to win...go check my posts...said it all along. Officiating didn't beat us but it damn sure turned the tide of starting things rolling down hill. JMO. But OK if you say so..must be what they think since they've said nothing.

bro2044 likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea I know, refs screwed us, it is what it is...sigh. It just sucks that I dont feel theres an adjustment we can make.
    Haha, lol sorry that wasnt directed towards you at all. Just our current situation.
    Fair enough

bro2044 likes this.
  11. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Our crowd is going to be the difference on Monday.

TMackin713 likes this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

silver's crowd of 3 is more likely the difference maker imo

they've gone all out to rig this series already, 4 out of the first 6 games

i really can't see them allowing GS to miss the finals and lose those tv ratings

RyanB, amaru and AuburnRocket like this.
  13. AuburnRocket

Guess what I'm thinking is we've had 6 games of this BS and I've not seen any change in officiating. I'd rather have PUBLIC OPINION know and be involved than trusting Silver and the NBA. Like asking Silver if he wants you to beat the hell out of his kid.

HP3 likes this.
  14. SORF

SORF Member

I didn't see the whole game, but I agree the officiating in the 4th was horrible. But complaining about it publicly WILL DEFINITELY make it worse than anything you can imagine. Yao and Mutombo had career ending injuries in the same year. They carried opposing bodies on their backs the entire season. The refs let them get worn down by swallowing their whistles...all because we complained.

15. Miami_Rockets

Miami_Rockets Member

Why after each GS win a player joins the desk on TNT? Yet never for our wins? It’s bullshit like this that reinforces this is a rigged league and they are just setting up another Warriors Finals to cash in on this team and the enormous bandwagon it has.

houston19519 likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Nah I think Gordon came on for Game 5 yea?

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

While I do agree the league would vastly prefer the Warriors in the Finals(even moreso if the Celtics win tomorrow night), how long will the ratings remain high? Sure, they're great for this series because everyone was looking forward to this matchup since pretty much November. But the Warriors smoking the Cavs(or undermanned Celtics) is not gonna keep people tuned in. Especially if this is what we're subjected to year after year.

houston19519 and AuburnRocket like this.
  18. SORF

SORF Member

They also had PJ Tucker after one win too.

RyanB, bro2044 and HP3 like this.
  19. AuburnRocket

Hear you but it's not about the season...it's about the CONFERENCE FINALS where the series has been called with extreme bias and prejudice...even in the games we won. Why is defense not allowed on Durant ? Why is Jimmy and EGO and Ariza allowed to receive hatchet jobs and no foul but if wind hits the Warriors it's a foul...what about a fair ball game ?

6 of the Warriors 17 fouls were called against their starters....us ? Uhh 14 of 16 !! I'm saying 11 of the Warriors fouls were called against non starting 5. Jimmy 4, EGO 4....I mean RIDICULOUS offensive fouls on Jimmy. Just wrong.

#3019 AuburnRocket, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
    bro2044 likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you are a sophisticated basketball fan in the top 0.1 percentile. but for the bandwagon worrier fans (and i have encountered these people in even the most remote corners of the globe) it's still going to be a great show well worth tuning in for. the rockets with that black osama guy -- not so much