1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul right hamstring non-contact injury.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, May 24, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

hoping to wake up to the best news possible for cp3. hou needs you!!

Hakeemtheking, AXG and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I'm trying to avoid that line of thinking, because that's not how causality works. All I'll say is that Chris clearly felt like he had to will us to victory on his own down the stretch.

3. MD_in_Training

Anyone notice that NO ONE in the media is talking about CP3's injury? If Curry had a hangnail, these MFers would be gasping in shock at the injustice of it all. In fact, Skip Bayless is minimizing CP3's injury, claiming that he eliminated "his Spurs" with a bad hamstring.

They're basically salivating at the possibility of him playing, then will totally rip the Rockets if they don't come through.

I know... I know. They don't matter. But, obviously all the criticism gets to our stars.

rocketman84 and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

uhh his injury is all over the media

ReignSupreme and Stormy1234 like this.
  5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's being discussed. Nick Wright echoed my sentiments. If CP3 is done for the series, the Warriors are officially the luckiest team in NBA history(2015 run, Kawhi in 2017, CP3 in 2018).

vince, Stormy1234 and J Sizzle like this.
  6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

The Rockets are a rhythm team. The more often they play meaningful games the better they play. Those three day and 4 day rest period reslly hurts them

Hakeemtheking and Stormy1234 like this.
  7. hakeemthagreat

I thought about this too. But CP was 0-7 in the 1st half. If they'd both have played anything close to normal we blow them out. So they both deserve blame

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Nick Wright has been the only bright spot for us in the media this whole ride, so its no shock that he is the one claiming this. Every other outlet and "analyst"? Not so much. @MD_in_Training has a valid beef imo.

bulkatron, jevjnd and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. count_dough-ku

That's silly. Iggy got hurt in the 4th quarter of Game 3 when the Warriors were up by more than 20 points. Injuries can happen at any time.

Patience and Stormy1234 like this.
  10. MD_in_Training

There's an ESPN article, but none of the talking heads are emphasizing it. Only Nick Wright.

Maybe Max Kellerman will as well... we will see.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

you realize theres tons of media outlets out there. to say no one in the media is talking about cp3 injury is just tunnel vision

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

You can tell CP was pushing hard to keep us afloat. If we were up 20 (in which we should've been), CP wouldn't have been even taking those shots most likely

rocketman84 likes this.
  13. droxford

droxford Member

14. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Marc Spears just tweeted that he saw Paul and asked him about his injury and he said “I’ll be alright” and when he asked about game 6 he said “oh yeah” I don’t do twitter maybe someone can post it

vince likes this.
  15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is going to become a meme.

Vivi likes this.
  16. count_dough-ku

I just think it's crazy to posit these hypotheticals about injuries. They can happen at any time. Gordon Hayward's season-ending injury happened in the season opener. CP3 is an injury-prone player. He missed 24 games this year and the ones he sat out late in the season were to rest a sore hammy.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

CP3's body language after he went to the bench following the injury says everything. The Rockets made a big stop and everyone on the bench and in the arena were going crazy except one guy. Chris Paul.

Paul sat there like a statue. It's like Paul knew he was done.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this. But, I'll be shocked(but overjoyed) if Paul plays in game six or seven.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  18. YallMean

YallMean Member

He was walking after on his own. I think he is alright.

vince likes this.
  19. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I've been over-analyzing the hell out of this Tweet. Like, what exactly did Spears ask him about G6? "Chris, are you going to play in Game 6?" or "Chris, are you aware that a Game 6 is occurring in two days?" What specific prompt elicited the response of, "Oh yeah" from CP?

And Spears says he saw CP "jump" into a Maybach. Is he using this word colloquially, like you'd say you "jumped" into your vehicle when simply entering it in an unremarkable way? Was it a drop-top, and CP hurdled into the passenger seat without even opening the door? Did he "jump" into the car like this:

[​IMG]

We're all on pins and needles here, and no one is asking the hard questions!

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

means very little. you can walk on your own with a torn acl

RasaqBoi likes this.