1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where the Hell is Ryan Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HtownTrill, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Ah, not a big surprise given last year playoff and more than half of this year regular season.

But... clearly he is resting for the warrior series.

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

He had more open shots ran threw him in regular season. Hes not really as bad as people think. Did the coach say he still lingering injuries. I mean if houston wanted to, they could of brought in someone else at a cheaper price. But there really was no attractive options, and as a top 20 free agent back then, you thought pairing him with harden would work even better than AD, because harden is a PG/SG.

But at the time Ryan Anderson was playing for NO, which was a competitive team, and he was a 6th man avg 17.5 a game, mostly on deadly 3's. Maybe should of been 4/60, but somone must of offered that and houston had to blow him away to get him.

Rockets were desperate for starters. Ryan has helped the rockets alot in regular season, just doesnt show up in the playoffs, and its like his body is injury prone near the end.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Ryan has been bad to put it mildly. He made a decent mid-range shot, which is better than nothing. Don't worry about missing Ryan, you can do a good job. Try your best, that's all we are asking for.

amaru and roslolian like this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we'd be a lock for the championship. but even if we just spent that money on like ibaka, batum, b.lopez, olynyk, vucevic, t.harris, we'd have 70 wins.

Zboy, ak99999 and roslolian like this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

he just needs to shoot and stop overthinking it

roslolian likes this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He's a pretty good rebounder too! Combine that with his spacing, shooting, he's a great option to have but he's out of the rotation for now. I suspect he'l' be back though.

7. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

He is definitely an option especially away games. I remember he was shooting lights out in SLC earlier in the season.

joeson332 likes this.
  8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Look man I know Ryan needs to step it up and start lighting it up, especially given his contract, but it seems like hes always the Rockets scapegoat. Jeremy, Omer, Ariza's first year.

DreamShook likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Look how many hits this dude gets even when he doesn't play. Anderson can't win even when clutchfan's wishes are fulfilled. It's kind of funny.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

He already a winner, he's a scrub with 80M in the bank.

If you make that kind of money while being a scrub, you will always get flak no matter what you do because you are an achor around the team's neck. Just yout existence weighs the team down even if you don't do anything.

But at the end of the day this is really all just sports talk on an internet forum, whereas 80M is very very real. He should ignore all the hate and just enjoy his 80M. If I were him I would actually retire at the end of his deal and live life like a king.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

it is funny. Does he need to start having confidence in himself? Hell yeah absolutely. Should we win this series he's going to have to be pivotal in the next round but damn some of the posters on here act like he cost us this game, a game we lead by 20 for most of the game. Dude played 4 minutes and had 2 points and an assist.

12. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

18 ppg 9 apg per 36....Not bad at all

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Everyone is a bad matchup for him.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Everyone knows his shot disappears in the playoffs, so teams sag off him as if he were any other 30% 3pt shooter.

If teams are sagging off you so bad Ryno, how about you actually stand at the 3pt line these days to improve your percentage until they pay attention to you once again? Being 8ft beyond the line is a Toronto T-Mac level of indifference.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If Gordon can stay hot for the next several games, I don't care what Anderson is doing, or why he is or isn't doing it. Eric changes this team when he's on a roll, big time. Speaking of Gordon, he was a teammate for quite a while with Ryan. If he's made a comment at all about Anderson's struggles, I must have missed it. Sure would like to hear his opinion, which he'll very likely keep to himself, not wanting to start a ruckus with a teammate. He's a class act.

Eric Gordon - The Hobbit. He knows where the Hole is.

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Should play him next game since it’s in the road, throw off Utah a bit see if he hits a shot

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets really are trying to emulate the Warriors. Remember when they benched the overpaid David Lee in 2014-15 in favor of Draymond Green and Golden State proceeded to dominate the league that year? And even when it came to bench minutes, Kerr preferred going with Ezeli and Speights. Granted, Lee did actually provide some valuable scoring for the Warriors in the Finals, but for the most part, he was a spectator that season.

D'Antoni's doing the same thing now with Anderson. First, he replaces him with Tucker in the starting lineup(initially as an experiment, but then on a permanent basis). Now he's gradually phasing Ryno out of the rotation entirely in favor of Nene, Luc, and even Green. Hell, we might see Johnson get minutes before Anderson at the rate we're going. And honestly, I don't think the Rockets will miss him at all.

DreamShook and RyanB like this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The Jazz are a physical team and I think Anderson is a liability in this series. HOWEVER, I do think Ryan can be very effective against the Warriors, and I hope he is ready for that task.

DreamShook and RyanB like this.
  19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Him being bad just isn't as obvious to me I guess. I don't think he's even played enough to look bad. When Joe Johnson was getting minutes in regular season I could look at it and say wow he's pretty horrible. With Ryan, he just takes up space on the court for 4 minutes or so. There really has to be more to this than Ryan being horrible I'm thinking maybe D'Antoni doesn't like the matchup and needs the defense in PJ and Trevor more than Ryan's offense? PJ has been hitting the corner 3 again, and if him and Trevor can both hit the 3 then you've got some decent two way players in the spot. PJ's 3 and even EG's offense can disappear at any point so I think thats when Ryan gets more burn. I wish someone Ryan could relate to would talk to him. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that has a bunch of NBA player friends he's texting all the time. This is absolutely a confidence issue and not an ability issue, it can be fixed.

#79 BallSoHarden, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
    DreamShook and Crashlanded19 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The hole is in the Shire.