1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE RYAN ANDERSON

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Von Rafer, Feb 28, 2017.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea I dont really understand why we arent getting those looks anymore. Those pick and pops used to be so good. I guess the reason we cant give him bigger minutes is because Anderson is gonna get taken advantage of defensively.

2. Game7

Game7 Member

Racist.

Jk

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

no flyin ryan... no use to team

4. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Ryan needs to play. Offense is the problem right now, Rockets played more than good enough defense to win the game today. However, making more shots is the best defense a lot of the times.

It's risky to bet on Ryan finding his shot and getting back into shape, but getting him making shots would cause matchup nightmares for Gobert due to switching.

5. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Each passing game, his contract is getting more and more difficult to unload without adding a few key assets/rotation players in the deal. We either got to win the chip this year or it won't happen in the next couple years either.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cuz Anderson worked so well in the 6 mins he played, missed all 2 of his shots and got taken advantage of defensively.

If Anderson makes his shots consistently and he was taking lots of shots he wouldnt be glued to the bench in the first place.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are talking 17 pages about a player who is a non factor in the postseason.

Who might post 15-20 pts once in every 10 games.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It's a shame. Imagine this group with a player who actually plays like $18 - 20 million per year ball player. This cat can't get off the Rox bench now.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They paid him that money because the players association agreed on much higher deals for players.

The thing is the bench needs a younger Boris Diaw player who can defend, shoot 3s and make plays for others, a third, bigger playmaker if you will.

Royce White is probably laughing somewhere. Lol.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Huh? The Rockets did not play good defense at all, I’m not sure how u can even say that if u watched the game. The Jazz had 64 at halftime, shot 52% from the field, hit 15-32 threes, and had 6 guys score in double figures led by Ingles who dropped 27 on 13 shots. That’s what u call playing more than good enough defense? The defense was the biggest reason we lost.

Hakeemtheking and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ryan Anderson has turned into a scrub of the highest order. I knew he’d be a joke in these playoffs. This guy is useless, yet he’s the 3rd highest paid player on the team. Morey is killing himself over this mistake. We could have 2 useful rotation players with Ryno’s money.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Via reddit:

[​IMG]

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I didn't think Ryan played particularly poorly last night . After all he didn't really get much of a chance . He ****ed up a bit , but I don't go into his pt expecting perfection .

His performance is a function of space he creates and open shots he takes/makes . He did make a mistake by passing up an open 3 , but pulled the trigger on the next one he got .

His defense is fundamentally sound . If the jazz are going to take contested midrange on him ... that's exactly what you want ... they just happened to make a few.

To me ryno is pretty far down on the list of things that caused us to lose .

To me it goes something like...

1 Gordon
    2 MDA/ defense
    3 jazz making shots/ us missing
    4 Paul not playing up to his potential
    5 refs

Then maybe Ryan ... but he wasn't the one constantly missing rotations that left ingles open

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Sorry for the double post ... but also the fact that Ryan got hurt before the end of the season and lost the chance to get in rhythm before the playoffs is a significant factor.

It's not an excuse , but you one would be wrong not to acknowledge it

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

DreamShook likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You guys bumped three threads for a guy who hardly played and was part of one the longest runs when he was on the floor. With a net rating of +10.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  17. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

I think the defense in the 4th was good enough to win the game, and ya I only got a chance to catch the the second half of the third and fourth quarter so maybe not the most comprehensive perspective of the game. I just thought Rockets had plenty of chances in the 4th to take the game, they also had a few sequences where they forced some turnovers and got some stops.

Jazz on the other hand were making some contested shots in the fourth so I didn't feel like we were necessarily giving them the game on the defensive side.

18. smp

smp Member

Ryan Anderson has become the modern day Matt Maloney. Is Maloney still getting paid?

19. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

He should really go to Minny where he can shoot.

20. macan

macan Member

road Ryno is happening tomorrow! I guarantee that! just saying...

pippendagimp and AroundTheWorld like this.