1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony has expanded his trade list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Morey did say we were upping our risk profile. Wonder if the new cap guy had a hand in this.

2. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

Haha. You aren't wrong. I'm a walking dumpster fire at playing basketball. Eric can actually play a bit though. He's sneaky like that.

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Are you his slam piece?

DanTony!Toni!Tone! likes this.
  4. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

Haha. Well played.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. photojoe

photojoe Member

You don't know what's going to happen. I don't know what's going to happen. WOJ doesn't know what's going to happen. Clutchpoints.com doesn't know what is going to happen.

With that said, here are a couple of things that I do know:
    -Even if Carmelo does go to Portland, the Blazers are not a serious contender and the Rockets would still be better than them
    -Even if Carmelo does go to Portland, the Rockets would still have the much bigger offseason acquisition with CP3
    -Even if Carmelo does go to Portland, you will still be an annoying troll that I am now blocking to no longer read your bs

6. DrexlerFan

DrexlerFan Member

SWISH3s from the corner, Curry style!

DanTony!Toni!Tone! likes this.
  7. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

Yeah boi!

8. DrexlerFan

DrexlerFan Member

Blazers with Nurkic are already better than Rockets. Add Melo and we are WAY better. Please ignore me if you hate truth.

9. Calebhardin9

Calebhardin9 Member

Sample size, you idiot. 14-6 is not even close to 55-27.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Hey. You got the names right. GRATZ!!

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This sucks

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

That's without cp3 hehe

13. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

For reals though. I thought Houston was in the driver's seat all along. But the longer this has drawn out, the less power Houston has had. With the newest Woj Missile, Houston seems even less likely. I would hate to see OKC land him. Although, the implosion of 3 me-first players could be fun to watch from the outside.

If craziness happens and Portland does land Melo, it will still feel like Melo asking the ugly chick to the dance only because everyone else said no.

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

^^^^:(

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Erica is a better defender for the blazers than any player they have on the Portland roster!

Fascinating stuff, really!

Great work @DrexlerFan !!!

Your finally getting a lead role!

16. Nook

Nook Member

If something was going to get done with the Rockets and Knicks, it would have been done months ago. Nothing has changed other than Rockets ownership.

There is no point in the Knicks leaking that Anthony has increased his list. The Rockets know exactly where Anthony is willing to go and not go at this time. Anthony and Chris Paul talk and share the same agent. The Knicks know it, the leak isn't fooling anyone.

So either Anthony expanded his list (like I said he would months ago) or the Knicks are banking on bringing Anthony an offer from another good team and telling him to take it or leave it.

Anthony is older, he doesn't want to burn any bridges and certainly doesnt want to face media day in NYC. He wants to be moved. The Knicks want him moved but not as bad as Melo wants to be moved.

As for Cleveland they can provide a better group of assets than the Rockets offer. The Rockets can either improve their offer or likely lose out on Anthony.

OKC likely needs to find a home for Kanter and toss in draft picks to get it done. OKC is all in this year so they will be motivated. Still no guarantee that OKC can move Kanter.

17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Not that surprising. Of the 3 parties involved, Knicks, Rockets, and Melo, he had the least to lose by folding. We were just waiting on one of the 3 to give up their stand. If it's more than Ryno he's not worth it anyway. We can roll with the squad we've got.

MghtyPtrck and Bobsputin like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

So were you hit by a car as a child or did a brick come down and hit you in the head?

photojoe likes this.
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson does not kill your team in just the playoffs.

He kills you in the off season as well.

Very likely we lose CP next offseason because of Ryan cockblocking our moves.

We are stuck with this scrub.

*Barf*

BigggReddd and pippendagimp like this.
  20. photojoe

photojoe Member

Now we know you aren't only annoying but also delusional.

The rockets were better than the Blazers last year (don't mention the one game... One game means nothing) and we got deeper with Tucker, Luc and Black and added a top 10 player in CP3.

Meanwhile the Blazers.... Lost Crabbe.

I really still am going to block you still but glad I read that post first before I did. Thanks for the laugh.