1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Texans vs Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 17, 2017.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

This is going to get UGLY lol

2. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Rookie QB, horrendous O-line, uncertainty with the running game, and injuries on defense will take their toll in this outcome. Our LBs and Safties will be put to the test against Gronk.

Texans-13
    Pats-27

(Side note, did anyone else laugh at how atrocious "sacksonville" looked against the Titans or was it just me lol? I feel like both their team and fans thought they were super bowl contenders after beating us, which is just golden)

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Texans -10

Patriots - 35

4. conquistador#11

this has been my gameplan since 2012 but no coach is man enough to pursuit it. Patriots are going to score 42 points. From their 25 to our 10 yard line, that's 7 late hits you could accumulate in a row. We can acheive 40 late hits on brady in those 42 points they're going to score anyway.
    It's brilliant.

5. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

I'm expecting an ugly game, but imagine what a storybook win it would be if DW4 could beat the Pats here. It would be epic.

If only we had some semblance of an offense.

red5rocket likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Patriots-34
    Texans-10

Watson throws 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions

I could easily see this getting into the 40s though assuming guys are playing

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The good news is that a win is not the bar (BRIAN). If Watson can surprise us in any fashion, then he might actually have those intangibles that will shine through in years to come.

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Got to keep them under 40.
    Which means we have to score 40.
    Will billy earn his keep this game?

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd consider benching Hop, Watt and Watson. Just punt this game and worry about Tenn.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

@Snow Villiers is making official threads now?

Congrats OP! #futuremod

ghettocheeze and Snow Villiers like this.
  11. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Patriots - 45
    Texans - 10

Hunker down boys, this is going to get rough. Good news is I dont think anyone expects a win, so just get ready for next week and let Watson go through the playbook. Open it up BOB!!

12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Thats some p***y ass bullshit honestly. You are a coward and should be handled appropriately

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

When Hop and Watt get injured I wonder what you'll be saying then?

This game is meaningless in terms of saving the Texans season. The goal now is to try and win the division.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

No way man. You take your shot and anything can happen. Hell Brady could get hurt

Daddy Long Legs and Joshfast like this.
  15. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

It's probably going to be the other way around. The Pats will keep Gronk and Hightower out and still win 34 - 10. They are going to double team Hopkins and force Watson to find other non-existent targets.

justtxyank likes this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's pretty sad that Jaelen Strong finally got the opportunity and was a total non-factor outside of one block.

17. SuraGotMadHops

He'll play big against the Colts.

18. Malaya

Malaya Member

I'll settle for Watson improving on his preseason performance vs. the Patriots in terms of recognizing defenses, taking care of the ball, not being sacked. Targetting more receivers, scoring 2 or 3 TDs, no interceptions.

I hope our young uns on the secondary play aggressive because Brady will target them. It'll be exciting to watch Cunningham chase down the Patriot RBs.

Will not be disappointed if we don't win but Deshaun is a wild card. You don't know what exciting play he will pull out so ...

19. Malaya

Malaya Member

Wait till Watson has more familiarity with him. At least he has a similar style as Hopkins. He is a better target than Braxton at this point.

I also wish they would activate Riley McCarron from the psquad. That guy has chemistry with Watson and I think he can get open vs. regular defenses. Isn't he the one who was built like and played like Wes Welker?

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

I fear for Watson especially, but oddly I have a feeling that he might do better than expected. If the defense really shows up and pressures Brady, the Texans have a chance.