1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Get Smart!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 5, 2017.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wtf o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Did you set all this up 16 years ago?

jch1911 likes this.
  2. blackistan

blackistan Member

We already have an elite flopper in CP3

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

PatBevLite - - bulldog but no shot.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]
    Says Hello!

macho GRANDE likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, his shooting still needs work, but the form is good, i think he has a good chance to get better with that, he also reminds me a bit of Beverley, his defense is really good and plays with fire, i think he would do well here.

I also remember the Rockets had him for a workout before the draft, maybe they will look how much it will cost to add him, but i don't think we have the assets to get him, even if the price might not be as high as i think...he's still expiring this coming season.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  6. Chamillionaire

We need good passers.

Diaw and Smart come to mind.

7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

With what assets?

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Future 1st, 2nd rounders, young players...but yeah, i don't see it, also cause our 1st is probably going to be used to dump Anderson next summer if a top player wants to join and if we can't trade for Melo this season.

#28 Vivi, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

smart wants PT. doesn't look like there's much room for him here to get it on a nightly basis

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If he is smart, he'll bide his time.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He can't shoot, he's not gonna run the floor or drop dimes like a prototypical point guard. He's more of a hybrid and there is a fundamental awkwardness to his game that i don't know if he'll ever be able to shake. I do like his defense, and the fact that the rest of his game is well-rounded. I think there's still development possible, and behind a guy like Chris Paul, i'm sure he would learn a lot.

He's a good prospect, but that's what he is still ...a prospect. Given that he's a free agent next year, it's all about what he can do for us this year. Since Chris Paul, Harden and Gordon will take the bulk of the back-court minutes, i just don't see how dealing for Smart makes a lot of sense.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Lord yes. Excellent on the post - one on one, or DP. That's the word, I've heard.

13. IflyHsueh

IflyHsueh Member

I don't like this flopper. It's really stupid instead of SMART.
    [​IMG]
    He should be an actor!

14. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Ainge is not interested in getting anything in return, this is a move he needs to make to open up cap space to sign Hayward. Don't be supirsed if Crowder gets moved and Olynk doesn't get matched.
    He's doing what Morey did with CP3, getting expiring salaries in return.
    We expiring contracts on our roster of Ryan Kelly, Shawn Long, Tim Quarterman, and Jarod Uthoff that make up about $5 mill we can give him that and Ainge would just waive those guys. Creating $5 mill in available salary for Hayward.

15. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

[​IMG]
    This guy is not an NBA player

Aruba77 likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Should we just go into the season with 12 guards and 3 forwards on our roster? Also, why does Morey hate PFs so much? :p

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

career 29.1% 3pt shooter - this guy is on Corey Brewer level. The game 4 performance in the ECF was a crazy anomaly. The guy is a hustler and a really good defender but I would pass since we have an spacing/offense first philosophy.

Fawkward likes this.
  18. threepointshot3

The Celtics are now going after Marc Gasol so a lot of these fringe guys can be had.