1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Les Alexander In Financial Trouble?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 23, 2017.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

What I love about Babadookholic's deep thoughts regarding possible player transactions is that they're all filtered through the players he personally likes or dislikes. Morey/Les/Harden couldn't possibly be overlooking Bell and Mason unless... unless... unless... it's part of their secret plan to dump Isaiah Taylor and Bev to add that PG that MDA is so desperately seeking. THERE'S NO OTHER EXPLANATION, GUYS!!!!

Haymitch and Richie_Rich like this.
  2. basketballholic

So.......do you think we're not trying to add playmaking?

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No. Like I said, the highest pick sold purely for cash considerations was #38 for Bell. Your guys Mason, Ojeleye and Bolden were all gone before that.

The only picks sold for cash were #38, 39, 48 and 52.

Are you talking about the 31st pick from the Howard trade. Charlotte moved up 10 spots in the Howard deal, then traded back down to 40 plus cash. We didn't have the 40th pick. We had the 43rd, so got outbid obviously. That wasn't for lack of cash.

You can backseat drive and say the 43rd and 45th trumps the 40th if we package them, but you have no way of knowing if Charlotte even wanted two picks vs the better single pick ... maybe their owner is cheap.

Richie_Rich and topfive like this.
  4. basketballholic

We got outbid obviously??

LOL

Look man. We could've bought Bell. And we could've moved up to 31 by "outbidding" the Pels.

We weren't outbid. We simply pushed to 2018.

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao wtf is this? Bbhollic has went full r****d

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This conspiracy theory sounds like it came from a "holic" alright ......

7. heypartner

Mason, Ojeleye and Bolden were all gone before the first pick was sold purely for cash.

You clearly thought in the OP, the title of the thread and responses to FTW that the 31st pick was pure cash, and are now moving the goal posts

It was a trade for the 40th. In your 3rd bullet pt in the OP, and your response to FTW that I replied to you said straight out "We could have bought a pick." The 31st wasn't for sell. It was a trade. So, I corrected you.

You can say our 43 and 45 packaged together is better than NOPs 40 and 52 (if it becomes a bidding war), which is questionable, but you have no way of knowing if CHO wants multiple 2nds, maybe their owner is cheap, and only wanted the best pick and needed the cash sweetener.

jeez man. Use your own logic here than you are applying to Les.

GSW paid maximum amount for Bell. You can't say we could've have outbid that, because we can't pay more.

#67 heypartner, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    justtxyank, topfive and Richie_Rich like this.
  8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If Morey and Les don't subscribe to to bbhollic newsletter how would they even know which players to go for?

justtxyank and Richie_Rich like this.
  9. heypartner

As I pointed out, the highest pick sold purely for cash was the #38. Bolden, Mason and Ojeley were all gone by then.

We can't say Morey could have bought their pick, because no pick sold for pure cash prior to them being selected. And NOPs move up to get the 31st pick was done in trade with their 40th pick, which beats us as best pick available. NOP also had the 52nd pick to throw in if bidding escalates. But you don't even now if CHOs even wanted another 2nd. They very easily could have just wanted the single best pick available for all the money-saving reasons 'holic is applying to Les in this thread.

but bottomline: holic said in several places in his OP and replies that "we could have bought a pick" presumably to get Mason, Ojeley and Bolden, but they were gone before the first pick sold for pure cash.

10. basketballholic

Heyp,

I was very clear in what I wrote. We could have bought a pick. And we could have used our cash to move up. Stop distorting with the stupid move the goal posts comment. That's your favorite line. And it's not writing on me. We could have bought a pick and we could have moved up using our cash. We punted.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

plus they're ready to offer Harden a huge extension, like, what is holic talking about

12. heypartner

And I was clear, no one sold a pick higher than #38 and your guys Mason, Ojeleye and Bolden were gone.

How can we buy a pick that didn't sell?

By saying we could have bought picks (which didn't actually sell for cash considerations only), you are inherently claiming insider knowledge. That claim is what both FTW and I were responding to.

Mathloom likes this.
  13. hakeemthagreat

Clearly a "it's not Morey's fault when he said he had tricks up his sleeve" thread. Let me guess, Les is broke and that's why Morey couldn't make any moves? Also keep in mind Les just signed Morey to a extension and is offering Harden one smh

14. basketballholic

Keep playing stupid.

15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Very similar theme from the people that attack Les. Not subtle.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The $1 dollar hotdogs on game 6 made him file for bankruptcy.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Never chase a check fam

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He was hammered off dollar beers and tried to fight a ref in game 2

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

That irony tho

20. heypartner