1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump news: canceling ad buys in Ohio, NC, and FL (also news on Trump sexual assault tape)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Oct 7, 2016.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The fact Trump made a video apologizing means this was the big one.

Don't do anything drastic RocketsLegend.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

These are example of what Trump does to women, exactly as he stated. It's no joke. He acted them out without their consent. Trump thinking that these are examples of "they let him do it because he's a star" tell you that he either doesn't know they reject him (possible since who wouldn't love him in his mind?) or that he know but doesn't care because he's in a powerful position and can take advantage of them.

Trump not only speak his mind without filter, it looks he act out his mind without regards.

3. TheresTheDagger

Its over. Get used to President Hillary Rodham Clinton.

And 4 years of absolute chaos in Washington and our country. Only an imbecile like Trump could blow such a sure thing for Republicans.

Thanks to the Trumpites...what complete morons they are.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

So, who is Hillary going to lose to in 2020?

5. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

This is ALL on trump and the GOP. The GOP accommodated and turned a deaf ear to pretty much every bat**** crazy thing trump has said.
    From priebus to ryan to christie to rubio and cruz, all these GOP politicians checked their souls and balls at the door and are going to go down with
    trump. They are not trumpites, they ARE the GOP/republican party. Congrats, republicans, you built it all right, trump that is, and now get ready to see what you built burn to the ground.

6. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Ahem.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...nald-trump-made-feel-violated-during-sex.html

Williamson likes this.
  7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If @RocketsLegend and @Dei don't care, then you can assume your average Trump supporter will not care. I do not expect this to move the polls.
    Who knew "Grab them by the P*ssy" would become a political catchphrase during the 2016 election?

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

So very true. If Hillary ran on that platform, I'd actually vote for her.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It will be chaos for 4 years and Republicans put politics ahead of country and will spend 4 years trying to run the country into the ground so they can win an election. They were upset with the economic recovery and low interest rates / quantitative easing because that helped Obama win re-election. Remember how they were crying that it would cause all this inflation!!!!

The party now represents the uneducated, the bigots, and the absolutely selfish rich. If you are a Republican 90% chance you belong to one of those 3 groups.

10. Space Ghost

You seem to have a case of revisionist history. Yes, this is absolutely the RNC's fault, but not for the reasons your stating. Its also just as much fault for the DNC to run Hillary.

The difference is (and it seems you have forgotten this) the RNC was fighting very hard from keeping Trump from winning, to the point of running a coup operation at the RNC convention. Unlike the DNC who was willing to do whatever it could to put Hillary up. Bernie was obviously their Manchurian candidate. At least the RNC knew Trump was a complete clown. Bernie wasted no time to file rank with the DNC. Cruz at least waited a couple months.

Where the RNC screwed up was putting the loud mouths up on their ticket. Rubio and Cruz should have never been there. Even the both of them would struggle against Hillary.

If Hillary wins and Pence throws Hillary out in the next four years (because you know the Republicans are going to obstruct her more than they did Obama), I would consider Trump a genius for finally finding a decent Republican candidate after two decades. At least Trump knows how to hire the right people for the job, unlike Hillary.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I cannot believe there are people who are dismissing this as locker room banter. The man is describing sexually assaulting women as if it's a normal part of his day. And here's the thing - he has been accused of sexual assault numerous times previously! This isn't locker room banter; this is a confession of a crime.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...xual-assault-allegations-jill-harth-interview

And what he describes sounds an awful lot like what Jill Harth alleged Trump did to her.

12. Major

Major Member

The polls aren't driven by the movement of hardcore supporters on either side. They are moved by the 10-15% undecideds and the soft supporters that are holding their nose to vote for one candidate or the other. The RLs and Dei's of the world are irrelevant here.

heypartner likes this.
  13. Major

Major Member

Pence is a pretty extreme far right candidate on the spectrum of Republicans. More likeable than some of the others, but he's extremely unlikely to ever become President. There's a reason he didn't run in a year where just about everyone ran. One decent VP debate does not eliminate all of actions in office.

14. Space Ghost

This might be true. Pence knew he had no chance against the likes of Cruz and Rubio (if he truly wanted to run). With Trump coming out on top, this proves the case in point.

With the DNC is obviously bought out by big money (remember when liberals hated conservatives because of this??), it seems the RNC is out of control since they are no longer big moneys darlings and forced to push specific candidates. The RNC is the wild west right now.

I fully understand the vast majority of the population are homers to their said party, but the people need to find a way to get competent people on the ticket and not letting the parties decide who to run.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Odds and ends... I actually was thinking the ad buy cancellations would be bigger news... usually the call that the campaign was thinking those states were unwinnable. As I was typing that in the news of the Trump sex take came in and gee, that completely blew out the other important news.

re: Hillary and chaos over the next four years. I actually am a lot more optimistic. Sure, the GOP congress will continue to be the "party of no" but in most eyes the existence of checks and balances creates a safer form of government. I do think there will be growing pressure on congress to work with the next President; and I also think Clinton's politics and history has been to work across the aisle so I may be naive but I think things will be better.

Lastly, with all the talk about Pence and his posturing for 2020, I think Paul Ryan will be the leading GOP candidate for 2020. Which I believe will be a good thing for the GOP and the country. Going further out on my prediction... I am seeing a Ryan/Martinez GOP ticket which will open up the GOP and attract voter blocks that are most opposed to Trump.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Well the Republicans better win next election. If not they will have then lost 7 of 8 elections on the popular vote, which would be 24 out of 28 years. It's hard to imagine now that 6 out of 7 elections people in this country prefer a Democrat. That has to show the Republicans that something is wrong and that you need to change.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Clinton is a behind the scenes power house. Who would have known.

In regards to Trump, this doesn't really change my mind on him either way. If you had me recorded for something I said in the past 10+ years I have probably said something that is inappropriate. I think anyone chastising him for this is a hypocrite to be honest.

18. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

A decent Republican nominee would have won the general election easily this year and if nominated will likely win in 2020. The problem is, decent Republican candidates have no chance of winning in the primaries. The current base consists of a lot of nutjobs, and they won't be excited for someone like Ryan. I think the GOP is pretty much screwed for a long period of time (maybe forever), even if they reform themselves in a big way. Demographics and social norms are changing, and not in their favor. The GOP's only hope is if in 2024 or later the Dems are stupid enough to nominate their own "Trump-like" candidate.

Yesterday's lewd video will likely affect down-ballot races in a bad way for the GOP.

As for hardcore Trump supporters...they're like some weird and creepy cult.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This has "winner" written all over it.

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

lets be honest. only a p***y thinks that bragging about sexually assaulting women is the type of normal conversation you have in the comfort of your home.