1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

re: Blount for Fitzgerald. Fitz owner seems anxious, now offered Fitzgerald for Blount straight up. Should I say yes? I am wondering if it would be possible to have the trade go through Monday so I can get Blounts points this weekend. "Dr. Roto" on 790 thinks Blount will get 100 yrds and 2 TDs as his "lock of the week"

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Good insight.

As bad as the OL has been, Miller has been equally awful.

3. NewRoxFan

re: above, my only bench RB is Kevin Dixon, so I will need to trade for or add from the free agent pool a reasonable backup RB for byes, matchups, and injuries. making me worry now...

4. The Stig

The Stig Member

IMO: Baldwin, DT, Sanders, Fitz, Landry.

Landry would be second in PPR though.

NewRoxFan, maybe it's me, but I think your WRs are good enough in a 12 man standard format. I'm not sure why you want to get rid of Blount for a WR. If anything, you should package Blount and one of your WR to upgrade at RB. Just a thought.

5. NewRoxFan

Thanks for the help. And yes, despite losing Keenan Allen I have built up a decent group of WRs. I somehow lost track of RBs in the process. Spencer Ware and Chris Ivory are probably the best of a meager supply on waivers and they aren't available until 2am Sunday. So I messaged the guy that I was passing but might revisit it in the future.

I probably karma'd Fitzgerald into a 200yrd, 4 TD game. :)

6. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I've been offered Jordy Nelson, Lamar Miller, and Victor Cruz (throw away player), for Mark Ingram, Brandin Cooks, and Greg Olsen.

I've already got Coby Fleener as my backup TE, and the "trader" doesn't have a good TE at all, so he's willing to make the move to get a solid and stable TE. But I'm a little concerned about Fleener and Lamar Miller longterm. Fleeners consistency, and Miller getting run into the ground. What do you all think???

7. spankyou

spankyou Member

lol so here's my trade that got accepted but rejected:
    My Edelman, Pryor, Freeman for his Lamar Miller, Cole Beasley, and Crowder

I ended up re-doing the trade and now it is Edelman for Lamar Miller

Thoughts? Was the original rejected trade a blessing in disguise? Will Freeman and Pryor outperform Beasley and Crowder? I don't think Pryor will be that effective later in the season but who knows.

8. NewRoxFan

I think the new trade version is much better for you. Crowder would have been solid and less risky than Pryor but Pryor seems to have more upside. Freeman swings it way to you. And getting Miller. Nice!

9. NewRoxFan

I used my waiver claim (#3 Position) and successfully picked up Spencer Ware dropping Tyler Lockett. I know Charles' return devalues Ware, but is the risk that Charles reinjured needs rest, or isn't all the way back worth taking a shot on Ware? Or did I waste by waiver claim and should have re-signed Ivory?

10. tmacfor35

Giants D against Minnesota this week may be a good play for those that are in a bind.

I like the Giants ability to stop the run and make Bradford pass.

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Got offered Edelman and Ivory for Cooks in a standard league. I've been trying to unload Cooks because his upcoming schedule is pretty brutal and the Saints haven't impressed me much. Will Edelman be more valuable once Brady comes back?

12. tmacfor35

Cooks was one of the best WR in the last half of 2015 playing against some tough teams.

I worry about Edleman in a standard league because his lack of touchdowns. His targets are going to be big time. Cooks is more valuable in a standard league, but I would monitor Jax situation with Ivory and Yelden. If you think Ivory will be their starter I would do that trade.

13. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Quincy Enunwa vs seattle or Willie Snead @ SD coming off an injury this week?

Also, Matt Jones vs Cle or Dwayne Washington @ Chi?

#493 RedNation, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  14. NewRoxFan

Adam Vinatieri saving my hide so far... the Luck and the Colts are laughably bad today (Hilton, 2-10-0).

And meanwhile, the team I am playing has NFL MVP Bortles, a 3 yard TD pass and a 1 yard TD run. So projected to have his high game of the season. Go figure.

#494 NewRoxFan, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  15. tmacfor35

Freeman and Pryor already with a TD each.

They are good players.

16. NewRoxFan

Blount... Dr. Roto's "Lock of the Week". He was going to get 100 yards and 2 TDs again. Guess that's why they play the games. Luckily Jordan Reed decide to show up today... he and Vinatieri are my two highest scoring players so far. Pryor? Well, he may get me double digits, but 5/46/1 and -6 yards rushing was a bit less than I had hoped for.

17. NewRoxFan

... and yea, I am second guessing my decision to not trading Blount for Fitzgerald right now... :mad:

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

de
    definitely a blessing. You would been ripped off in the previous trade. Beasley and Crowder are fringe waiver guys in my league that have just been recycled by a few different teams each week. All the guys you would be giving up are starters.

19. tmacfor35

Should have done it!

20. NewRoxFan

Hopefully the other owner knows that NE RBs alternate good and bad games... and still is interested. Hopefully Fitz doesn't slow down as the season progresses. But at least now with Ware on the Roster (and the hope that Dixon will play in a week or two) I may be able to make that trade now.