1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DustinS, Jul 2, 2016.

?

Do you like the 4-year, $80M signing by the Rockets of Ryan Anderson?

1. YES

350 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. NO

291 vote(s)
    45.4%
  1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This cracked me up. Thank you.

Also, I originally voted "no" on this poll. I would probably change my vote now. But then, it might change more times during the season. :cool:

2. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I'm optimistic about Anderson thriving in MDA's all out assault on offense.

3. alethios

alethios Member

I see your point - he may be right-leaning and this malady could affect his ability to go left.

4. bongman

bongman Member

I am not sure if we can compare using percentages because the salary is bases on the current market. Supply and demand is what dictates the price of any product.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

deleted

#725 RV6, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

facial asymmetry progressed..look at the right cheek/mouth lately versus as a rookie. That just means he already had issues before entering the NBA and it's getting worse. It likely really started progressing significantly after his neck issue, followed by his knee sprain and hernia, all in NO, which is when the facial asymmetry started to look worse.

Nolan Ryan is a pitcher...pitchers are highly unilateral athletes and basically stand a on the mound 95% of the time. So having such a dominant side isn't going to affect him the same way it would affect an athlete that's constantly running up and down the court and needs to make right and left movements.

i wish i was trying to be funny...

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Mild form of bell's palsy? Not really sure about his shoulders though...may not be anything...

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I believe BP sometimes doesn't have a specific cause, it's just seen as a nerve/muscle issue in the face...so it could be that and also what i said, since issues with movement can "travel" throughout the body and affect other areas/muscles/nerves.. And even if it's true BP and was genetic or something, it could still affect his movement by traveling down to the rest of his body...the body is too interconnected for a muscular issue to happen and not have an effect elsewhere.

His right shoulder (our left) looks lower in 7 of the 9 pics. I don't think it's a coincidence since the pictures are a year apart over several years.

9. Remlap

Remlap Member

So you guys have concluded from online photos that Anderson has palsy huh? LOL
    Should we get our money back?

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It was just a guess someone made, no conclusion...

We already knew both RA and EG came with risks bc of their injury history, but we had to make moves, so now we have to roll with them regardless..

11. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

I have the same crooked smile, caused by my jaw bone not moving properly. No way to tell in these pics that its "gotten worse"

12. Remlap

Remlap Member

Well, since you are online 'doctors', I"m going to throw out there that D'Antoni has alapecia on his upper lip.
    There is no more hair there. You may want to look into that

13. Remlap

Remlap Member

And let's not forget that thing growing on Montrezl's head. It may need some attention ;)

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You don't have to be a doctor to spot what i saw. Any experienced trainer should be able to spot, and look for, such asymmetries. I know enough about the subject to comment on it. The Bell's Palsy comment was just a quick guess someone made, not that serious of a response to think he was being an "online doctor"..

You may think it's a joke now, but if RA starts having any issues not from direct contact, you'll probably be one of the people asking what's going on with him..

Maybe...it could just be the smiling "wrinkle" settling in over the years, so it's more pronounced. Is there a reason why your bone doesn't move properly? Or is it congenital?

#734 RV6, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

this is a little ridiculous honestly lol. We all know the had had a neck injury before. his half smile has nothing to do with that haha. his face is about as asymmetrical as any normal human being.

I think you might be trolling.

16. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Idk, Ortho said he could break and wire it, but I passed.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I've half smiled in a photo before.

I'm going to check web-MD and figure out what this means.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  18. alethios

alethios Member

You could be having a stroke....of genius!

19. Remlap

Remlap Member

I'm not a doctor, but I DID play one in a High School play once.
    And I've noticed Patrick Beverly is looking pretty thin these days.
    MY online analysis would dictate that he has tapeworms or HIV
    Someone should keep an eye on that

20. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

I could see it being the HIV. I have heard about certain players being spotted at notorious Midtown bathhouses quite often. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Remlap likes this.