1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official First Debate Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Sep 25, 2016.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump nailed it. He knocked it out of the park. He was sensational. I only hope that he can repeat his performance in the next two debates.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He was nuanced? His only point was that we need to fill the pockets of ceos because they will 'create jobs'. What other ****ing point did he make?

The part that exemplifies Trump's cognitive dissonance the most is him bullshiting about trickle down AND AT THE SAME TIME BRAGGING about not paying taxes and then has the AUDACITY to state that his company is making record profits. What happened Trump? I thought the tax code is stifling the super rich from earning money to 'create jobs'? What a ****ing idiot.

#582 fchowd0311, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  3. fchowd0311

Also mentioning Dubai as an example of 'great airports' is disgusting when you leanr how they obtain their labor source just like Trump did when he built his gold resort in Dubai.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I suppose you chose to ignore the fact on tariff disparity between US/Mexico trade. I suppose you chose to ignore the fact that the US does NOT have free trade agreements with every nation - see CAFTA. I suppose you chose to ignore the fact that companies have been and continue to move their production to Mexico -see Carier Air.

Perhaps you did not hear the nuance because you chose to not listen to what Trump was saying and instead focus in on your confirmation bias. Trump never once, I repeat once, said anything about tax cuts for CEO's. This is just your re-decoration of the details to fit your confirmation bias when you hear the words: tax cut.

I hate to break it to you fchowd, but white people are NOT the only people who own businesses. There are these other people, non-whites, they own businesses, too. They aspire to own their own businesses, too. They have plans to start their own businesses, too. So taxes do matter matter to them, too. Cast aside your racial prejudice and re-watch the debates, and you will see the nuance.

5. Cohete Rojo

Think about where all that oil used to manufacture all those great Chinese goods you have, came from. You think Saudi Arabia is the gold standard of work place ethics? Trump is absolutely right, and I am glad you picked up on his nuance, that for too long we have given these people a free-ride.

Ticket, please.

6. Cohete Rojo

7. fchowd0311

The one coherent point you made is thrown back right up your bum hole with facts:https://www.eia.gov/energy_in_brief/article/foreign_oil_dependence.cfm
    [​IMG]

Oil dependency on foreign nations has decreased under Obama.

And what 'nuanced' point did he make? He yelled China like he has always done. A 15 year old has that level of nuance. His entire economic plan centers around the notion that CEOs will spend the money they save on tax cuts on job creation when history has shown that all that happens when rich executives receive tax breaks is that they pocket it in some offshore account regardless of how lenient the tax code is towards them. Corporate profits are at a all time high. Hillary actually provided nuance with objective facts stating how trickle down was tried before and failed.

8. Cohete Rojo

Trump never once mentioned CEO's, and he named dropped Reagan - he didn't give a thesis on trickle-down. Your chart is an excellent example of Trump's point that we should not spend one cent more on defending Salafi Arabia. Your chart illustrates that we can do this, but we have to be united - not divisive.

That is why I am very disappointed with Obama's decision to veto the 9/11 bill that would have brought closure for the many victims and their families. A day in court is owed to those victims and their families the same way a day in court is owed to the black men who have died under controversial circumstances in police interactions.

Hillary Clinton has spent more time on tin-foil hat conspiracy theories about Donald Trump and the Russians than she has on calling out Barak Obama on the fact that he vetoed that bill against the will of the American people.

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

10. fchowd0311

A billionaire who doesn't pay taxes just b****ed about how the nation is in debt and how the 'wealth creators' are being stifled by heavy tax burdens for 90 minutes. Just think the level of disconnect one must possess towards the American people to tout such an absurd narrative.

#590 fchowd0311, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Dubious likes this.
  11. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

It's incredible to me that people today still believe in trickle-down economics. And to still tout that as a plan to help this nation on national television is even more incredible. So pathetic and embarrassing....

Dubious likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Text book symptoms where there.

Paying zero income tax in your tax returns, let alone revealing them points towards yuuuge things he's hiding.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Isn't it obvious?

14. TheresTheDagger

What Trump pays or doesn't pay in taxes doesn't concern me. Everyone....including me and probably you too...does all they can to lessen their tax burden. What SHOULD bother us is that laws exist that make it possible for folks to avoid paying taxes. Trump didn't make those laws but holding him accountable for taking advantage of them seems silly...unless of course your goal is too damage him politically, which of course is exactly what is going on here.

15. TheresTheDagger

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterfe...s-obamanomics-facts-and-figures/#68de71c33a1d
    Who has "trickle down" again? And before you talk about how horrible Obama had it vs Reagan.....

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Absolutely everyone does. From the far right to the far left. Barack Obama's economic plan was to print tons of money and hand it to wallstreet. He was hoping that by handing money to wallstreet it would boost the economy which would trickle down to the middle and lower class. The only person I can think of off the top of my head who doesn't believe in trickle down is maybe Chairman Mao who used to string up the richest person in town and hand his money to the poor to gain support.

17. fchowd0311

The point flew over your head. His entire economic plan centers around the premise that job creators are having too heavy of a tax burden to create jobs which kinda is a slap to the face of that silly premise when the multi-billionare who is asserting said premise doesn't pay taxes.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That was your sentence, brah. When you write a complete sentence with actual words in the proper order, I'll try to understand.

19. fchowd0311

Except Trump's premise is that the TAX BURDEN is too much for the 'wealth creators which it objectively is not.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

a US taxpayer touts a net worth of $4.5B admits he doesn't pay taxes

62% of republicans do care