1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official First Debate Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Sep 25, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

#TrumpWon , media lies.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agree that a bailout is a bad idea, but not because of the supposed worthlessness of liberal arts degrees. I've met a lot of people in business whom I wish had pursued a liberal arts degree. It is oftentimes not the best career choice for people because of the glut, but it's worthwhile for society to have some people with good liberal arts educations.

Bailout is a bad idea because we have a dysfunctional marketplace and a bailout papers over the problem at great expense without fixing the market mechanics. First make sure your mechanics are right, then you can go and help people that were hurt by the old system.

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

How can you win a debate if you can't make a coherent point?

5. dmoneybangbang

Falling revenue, automatic spending increases due to the economy, and a stimulus/bail out package in response to the Great Recession.

Bush passed bailouts in order to shore up financial institutions and save the auto industry.

6. dmoneybangbang

You mean the left leaning media... The right leaning media didn't seem to mind his bumbling, stumbling, and sucking air.

I think Clinton could do more push ups than Trump based on how much air Trump was sucking.

7. dmoneybangbang

And? Drudge thinks Trump won and CNN thinks Clinton won. Are you ignorant about right leaning media?

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The more time passes the more lopsided this debate becomes in favor of Clinton. Trump never denied having racist rental policies, he was bragging about dodging his taxes, and he had nothing to say when Clinton brought up him calling a Hispanic lady "Ms. Housekeeping". If this were Romney or McCain this debate saying these things it would be a disaster. Trump has set the bar so low that people are actually saying that he could have done worse.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I never suggested otherwise. I think you misunderstood what I said. It's okay, it seems quite a few of you guys did. ​

Raising or lowering taxes by itself is irrelevant, either can be good things, but you have to couple what you do with taxes with what you do with spending to determine what will happen. If you raise taxes AND raise spending, you've done nothing positive. If you cut taxes and raise spending, you've done something really bad.

A bit of a flawed interpretation of history, but that's to be expected in the D&D. Like I said above, neither tax cuts or take hikes by themselves are "good" and one of the major problems is that almost every recent president has been incredibly fiscally irresponsible, none worse than the current president.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be deliciously ironic if we find Trump's campaign is outsourcing voting to click farms in China, Mexico and Muslim countries to help him win these "click-click-click" online polls.

[​IMG]

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I agree about the "bailout", for the most part. People need to pursue their interests and, in addition, they need to have opportunities to pursue. We can't just say "It's difficult" and continue to offshore jobs to cheaper labor and import cheaper labor. That's not innovation. That's not the America that I know.

As to the arts degrees, there is nothing wrong with an arts degree. Art is field of study which demands and inspires creativity - something the Democratic party sure could use right about now. Art majors now-a-days require technological competency and sophistication when it comes to using drafting programs, image manipulation programs, and other digital tools.The problem doesn't lie in people's pursuits, the problem lies in believing that bailing them out is the equivalent to them earning an income. The stupidity is to believe that the government collecting more taxes is the equivalent of the middle class earning more income.

Nearly 1/6 people in this country were born outside the United States. Nothing wrong with that. We need to embrace that. We need to embrace one another and begin to believe and trust in one another, again. We can overcome the obstacles of changing world. We can have a country again.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Now more than ever , people are already decided. Unless something drastic happens or one of the candidates does something completely off the wall , people are going to vote for who they were always going to vote for .... If they vote .

The key to this election is not convincing a large portion of independents who to vote for . It's convincing people to vote in general

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Accurate.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Correction: "We've pandered to a babbling, imbecilic, sniffling plurality of the electorate for 8 years and this con man is their avatar."

SC1211 likes this.
  17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Why is it I see "loading Tweet" in this new format, I do use every ad blocker known to man.

18. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Internet polls are the most predictive form of polls.

-signed
    Ron Paul

19. REEKO_HTOWN

Hannity is hammering one the online polls right now LMAO!!!

He really believes them!

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Won't be surprised if this is the last debate we see between them. Donald knows he got slapped around and was helpless to stop it.

His ego won't allow it to happen again.