1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

2. mikus

mikus Member

Maybe Drifters? or Occultic 9? Haikyuu of course and Days looks like it is continuing. I saw an OVA for ..To pick up girls in a Dungeon but I don't know if that is a continuation. It does look a little slim this season. I might have to just catch up on 91 Days and Alderamin while we wait for soemthing good to develop. Luckily fall network shows are back.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

First movie is a stand alone.
    I'd watch at least the first season of SAC before watching the second movie.

Pre-warning that the second movie quotes a bit from literature from Dante to Neitzche, has a few mind twists, along with slow boil pacing for the first half. This is not a movie you expect with guns a blazing, but isn't meant to be too vague and abstract either.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Has anyone seen Another? Someone recommended it to me, but havent had the time to watch it.

#2084 Invisible Fan, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  5. joesr

joesr Member

If you like suspense/horror, then check it out

Invisible Fan likes this.
  6. joesr

joesr Member

Is it just me or did this weeks episode of Mob seem short!! Right when you want to see more, lol

7. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

8. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

New seasons are starting. Anything good?

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

new season of natsume, a bit of a guilty pleasure.

10. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I've watching nanbaka, which I will definitely be keeping up with and trickster, which I'm still on the fence about, but I'll give it a couple more episodes. Just waiting on haikyuu 3 to start.

RedNation likes this.
  11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Nothing really looks interesting.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

First summer, now fall? There hasn't been many new interesting titles. What's going on?

13. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I feel you man, I really want another season like the fall 2013 line up. Gonna try and binge all the new stuff and hopefully I'll find a diamond in the rough lol.

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Skipping 105 pages to list my favorites lol...

Fullmetal alchemist: brotherhood
    Fooly cooly
    Howls moving castle
    Starting naruto, it's ok. Kinda slow

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Have you guys just not been watching or what?

I'll give a little update:

Haikyu!! Season 3 - Nothing needs to be said. Amazing show. Still amazing.

All out! - I think I've watched too many sports anime lately and might be jaded. Enjoyable show, but I haven't been able to really get behind any of he characters yet. Watch every week.

Days - Very formulaic. It's been done a ton of times in the past. Main character is over the top ridiculous. I don't like how they transitioned him from sucking to being pretty good so fast. But still a very enjoyable anime and the secondary characters are fleshed out well which makes it fun to watch.

Trickster - I like it. Show with mixed reviews. Eh. I think it's one that it'll take some time to hit its stride. I'll reserve judgement and continue watching.

Drifters - One of the best action anime ever and perhaps the best anime of the season. If you don't mind some R rated action sequences this is an awesome show.

Dragonball Super - Eh trunks saga sucked. Hope the next one is better. Will watch no matter what due to nostalgia.

Stopped watching:

Twin Star Exorcists - This show turned awful after a while. It had some potential. But the whole other world was just so poorly done and looked like garbage. Pass on this one.

Nanbaka - The title of the show is funny. But I stopped watching after a few episodes because I just could not take it seriously at all. Which I think is the point. This has great ratings and I'll likely pick it up again at some point.

Thoughts:

Overall, not much to look forward to this season compared to the past. Hopefully next season is a lot better.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dragon Ball Super's popularity is at peak levels right now. I agree, Future Trunks saga was absolute TRASH, but a lot fans really loved it..

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss the filler episodes. Everything is so quick and rushed. I miss the pageantry, the power ups, the workout montages, the anticipation, the team work among all the z fighters. They gave us everything all at once, and nothing at all. Stuff was coming out of nowhere. I don't care about any of it.

And stop freaking teasing us with Gohan.. its cruel and dumb.

I'll be there every week to complain after I watch the latest episode... lol... smh..:(:(

Super is the only thing I have kept up with this season.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Disney and others do more these days but one can hope.

18. Invisible Fan

I reverse binge watched Super and I was thinking the show has no sense of scale whatsoever. A fight like that in their rules should rip apart their universe.

Didn't care, watched anyways...

Haven't looked for anything but some suggestions here look interesting.

19. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

I getting tired of waiting for Samurai Jack.

Anyways I enjoy a lot of what toonami airs

20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Seven Deadly Sins on Netflix is a good watch, has some great characters.

Finally watched Tokyo Ghoul, it was good, wasn't as good as everyone hypes it up to be.

Super is bringing back Hit so that should be fun & the dub comes out in January which is great, one of the few shows where the dub is much better than the sub.

Attack on Titan season 2 is supposedly officially being released in April. We'll see.