1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Les sell the team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by by78, May 1, 2016.

1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Why don't you just leave instead.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Over the last two decades we have been in the bottom 50% of the league in terms of success. We have been out of the 1st round 3 time in the last 20 years. Even the 76er have had more playoff wins than us.

I think its time for les to go.

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Whining fans complain that Les should sell team > Les sells team > new owner relocates team and changes name/logo and holds rights to old name/logos > whining fans feel like dumbasses

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Didn't the Rockets sign a 30-year lease when they moved into Toyota Center? They ain't even halfway through it.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't get why everyone hates Les so much. He wants to win and that should count for something.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I already know that, it ends in 2033. I'm just stating the worst case when Les finally sells, which could be towards the end of the lease. Right now Les is making hand over fist money and watching his team's value rise, so why would Les sell now, unless someone offers 2billion for the team.

7. count_dough-ku

My issue with Les is his definition of winning seems to apply to the team's regular season record and nothing more. In terms of playoff appearances and series victories, he's presided over nearly 2 decades of failure. Yet that doesn't really seem to bother him much based on how he continues to run the organization in the exact same manner he has since he first took over.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Where does the fact that he doesn't care about series victories?

I just don't see that - everything he seems to want is to be a contender. He gets upset at losing.

9. count_dough-ku

It didn't bother him in 2014 when the Rockets got bounced by Portland given how the next day he picked up McHale's option.

1 person likes this.
  10. OTMax

OTMax Member

He should but he won't. I don't get the love for Leslie at all.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't see how picking up his option meant he didn't care about playoff success.

12. count_dough-ku

You don't think retaining the services of a coach who just got thoroughly outclassed and outworked in a playoff series the team should've won calls into question how serious Les is about winning?

What did Les say when he picked up that option and handed out the premature 3-year extension a few months later? McHale had the best winning percentage of any coach in franchise history. That's all Les seems to be concerned with. Regular season wins.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

GARM is now getting Threads asking for our response to a post made in the Comment section of the Chronicle?... sigh

Can you imagine if the D&D starts getting threads like this requesting response to Comments in the Chronicle?

to OP: Pretty much everyone here only starts threads that are their own take or those of a person we know or news site we know. Fans posting comments at other sites (particularly Rockets sites) can always post their takes themselves here, if they want to. Last thing we want is an avalanche of proxy fan posting here.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

he is 73 yrs old.... what else is he going to do?

Cryotechnology and live forever? :confused::eek:

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He can't live forever or is there a technology for it that I do not know?

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Bud Adams died at 90, people are living longer especially rich ones. Just don't expect Les to sell anytime soon just because some keyboard couch potato fans want him to. Instead eat a snicker.

17. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I wish he would to a good owner

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He meddles too damn much and doesn't know wtf he's doing.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man do I wish.

DD

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

You just described the majority of pro sports owners; you can go either way on the meddle or too laid back for owners, fans will b**** the opposite.

Owners are just fans with a lot of money, so when you b**** about them you're just b****ing to an extension of yourselves if you happen to ever get enough money to buy a team.